Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Most Noticable Power Mod....
NOS2Go4Me,Jan 23 2007, 08:39 AM Wrote:Good dealers are out there... it's just important to find the right one if you're an enthusiast / modder.

Everything I've suggested (save the reflash) is warranty-legal. The only grey-area mod is the MBRP, as it eliminates the second cat on the Duratec (the first one is right on the header, the second is further downstream). A proper filter and a properly-installed air intake will NOT void your warranty.
[right][snapback]224266[/snapback][/right]

Um, MBRP does not delete the second cat on '05 systems when they do the install, at least they didn't on mine when I had it installed there (They initally wanted to, but when I advised them that I was in a Drive Clean area they fabbed up the necessary parts to ensure that everything hooked up as it should)

NefCanuck
I have a car loan but its an 03 so no warranty? no problem! :P
O3 ZX3: Drl-to-drf Mod, Racing mirrors, Shorty antenna, B&M short shifter, Focus Sport 4-1 race header, Focus Sport front strut stabilizer, MBRP cat back, RaceCraft springs, Eibach Pro dampners and struts, RaceCraft 25mm rear stabilizer, Hella lights, Core Racing 17"s.
VF Supercharger Kit (Stage 2)

"I usually don't do this type of work." "I thought you were a professional driver?" "A different kind of driving.".
D-Dub,Jan 23 2007, 01: Wrote:bottom line if you want to mod buy used, if you dont buy new.............
[right][snapback]224286[/snapback][/right]

no, a used car can have plenty of warranty left. :P
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
thanks for the heads up guys. I knew about all the warranty regarding mods and such, and my dealer is fairly flexible that way. I dont think I'll be doing a whole lot more than intake and exhaust untill warranty is up. I knew that buying new may be iffy with the aftermarket parts, and I bought new to have warranty because of bad luck with my last vehicle. So I'll keep mods to a minimun for a few years.
Flofocus,Jan 23 2007, 07:46 PM Wrote:
D-Dub,Jan 23 2007, 01: Wrote:bottom line if you want to mod buy used, if you dont buy new.............
[right][snapback]224286[/snapback][/right]

no, a used car can have plenty of warranty left. :P
[right][snapback]224307[/snapback][/right]

Point is even if you still have a factory warranty on your used focus moding your car will void it. At least engine moding will for sure.
O3 ZX3: Drl-to-drf Mod, Racing mirrors, Shorty antenna, B&M short shifter, Focus Sport 4-1 race header, Focus Sport front strut stabilizer, MBRP cat back, RaceCraft springs, Eibach Pro dampners and struts, RaceCraft 25mm rear stabilizer, Hella lights, Core Racing 17"s.

"I usually don't do this type of work." "I thought you were a professional driver?" "A different kind of driving.".
Well Ive got good news..I got the car two days ago. Sorry about the wait. I've been finishing up finals at school. By the way, beware Saskatoon, I'll be coming tonight
Wheels or exhaust I think are the most noticeable to other people anyway.

SmokeBCBuDZ,Feb 14 2007, 09:53 PM Wrote:Wheels or exhaust I think are the most noticeable to other people anyway.
[right][snapback]226959[/snapback][/right]

And tires.

I used to be a pretty heavy Honda and Nissan fanboy for a while .. And generally with that crowd the consensus is.. CAI is for the look/sound, you get very little performance.

Air intake, Manifold and full exhaust will net you about 10 horse together. Maybe 15.

Tires are the biggest noticeable difference in performance, a good solid tire on a light rim will free up power, as opposed to making it, as less rotational mass etc.. As well as the tires themselves actually, you know, grip.

i/h/e bought + installed will cost around 1k depending on what you go. But budget about that if you want to go that route.. another 1k for tires/rims together to make your car look and handle better.

A decent suspension setup is about a grand, minus coilovers..

These are rough prices, you can get less, and much more.. Just depends on what you get and where you get it from -

IMO, upgrade some stereo parts, get some rims and tires, and call it a day. Wont get slack for any of that.
[Image: rivalphotographygf0.jpg]
hardk0re,Jan 21 2007, 10:13 PM Wrote:best bang for buck hands down is a turbo.  Why waste money on intakes/tbs when you can get real gains from a turbo?
[right][snapback]224144[/snapback][/right]

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^I totally agree ^^^^^^^^^^^^^

WAIT until the warrenty is up and save your money! get used to the car and how to drive it as fast as it can be stock,, THEN mod it right with FI and good suspension!

sure you'l be un moded for a year or so but it'l be soo worth it!!
[Image: forumsig.jpg]

I could List my mods.. my times and even my future mods here.. but there the same as yours.. with a little less conversation and a lot more action!
ZED_not_zee,Mar 14 2007, 01:06 AM Wrote:
hardk0re,Jan 21 2007, 10:13 PM Wrote:best bang for buck hands down is a turbo.  Why waste money on intakes/tbs when you can get real gains from a turbo?
[right][snapback]224144[/snapback][/right]

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^I totally agree ^^^^^^^^^^^^^

WAIT until the warrenty is up and save your money! get used to the car and how to drive it as fast as it can be stock,, THEN mod it right with FI and good suspension!

sure you'l be un moded for a year or so but it'l be soo worth it!!
[right][snapback]230418[/snapback][/right]

i wish i followed that advise........but noooooo
2002 Ford Focus ZTS (Gave it away)
125whp/129wtq
2006 Subaru Impreza WRX with JDM 6 speed
207whp/273wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 2)13.9@99mph
320whp/330wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 3)
352whp/360wtq Dynojet
13.3@106mph
2004 Ford F-150 Lariat
2008 Honda CBR600RR "Silver Bullet" R.I.P.
2009 Honda CBR600RR "To Punish & Enslave"
2001 Honda CBR F4i Stunt bike "Burn the Rubber, not your soul"
2013 China 90cc dirt bike
SCT XCAL2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
JMS US spec front lip, Rieger R-RX side skirts, Rieger R-RX rear apron, European rear bumper, European tail lights, RPMlabs grill, Painted side mirrors cover, H4 HID kit, Lamin-X yellow fogs, shorty antenna, Loder1899 replica rear spoiler, weathertech window delfector, Injen short ram air box, FC UDP pulley, FC 65mm TB, Focussport race header, Focussport flex, magnaflow hi-flow cat, MBRP catback, SCT Xcal2, ford racing spark plug wire, Tein S-tech, FK Damper kit, Eibach rear camber kit, Focussport strut bar, Painted valve cover, TeamDynamic pro race 1.2 17", Kumho SPT 205/45/17, Hawk HP, brembo blank rotors, Russell SS brakelines, Motul dot 5.1, Recaro replica seats on Recaro seat base, KKM shift surround, In-dash 7" DVD player, Tein Damper-chi doll!!
ex1z7,Mar 14 2007, 12:23 AM Wrote:
SmokeBCBuDZ,Feb 14 2007, 09:53 PM Wrote:Wheels or exhaust I think are the most noticeable to other people anyway.
[right][snapback]226959[/snapback][/right]

And tires.

I used to be a pretty heavy Honda and Nissan fanboy for a while .. And generally with that crowd the consensus is.. CAI is for the look/sound, you get very little performance.

Air intake, Manifold and full exhaust will net you about 10 horse together. Maybe 15.

Tires are the biggest noticeable difference in performance, a good solid tire on a light rim will free up power, as opposed to making it, as less rotational mass etc.. As well as the tires themselves actually, you know, grip.

i/h/e bought + installed will cost around 1k depending on what you go. But budget about that if you want to go that route.. another 1k for tires/rims together to make your car look and handle better.

A decent suspension setup is about a grand, minus coilovers..

These are rough prices, you can get less, and much more.. Just depends on what you get and where you get it from -

IMO, upgrade some stereo parts, get some rims and tires, and call it a day. Wont get slack for any of that.
[right][snapback]230409[/snapback][/right]

+1 to most of what he said...TIRES are the #1 biggest performance enhancing mod you can do to your car. Even on the stock rims. I'd put good tires on the car, replace the stock lightbulbs with Sylvania Silverstar Ultras, put Synthetic engine oil in the car once it's had more than 1 oilchange, and go from there.

MBRP is an awesome exhaust choice (had it on my 1st gen Foci, gonna get the axle-backs for my Mustang now), and in terms of the intake stuff...go with the Full out Cosworth D-power kits. I had an AEM CAI on my car which I ran year round without a bypass valve (which was optional), in rain, snow, etc. Never had a problem with pulling water into the engine, and I know I'm not the only person that did this on this website either.

But, like I said, lose the Continentals or Michel(spins) or Pirelli P6's, or whatever comes on your car from the factory, and get something better like a Bridgestone Potenza, or a Nitto Neo-Gen.

L8tz
Bleeding Ford Blue again...
a straight cold air intake is a fast and noticable mod
focus gone - 2005 mazda 6 sport gt wagon - lovin it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!