Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
-12 And I Decide To Delete The Lunch Box Muffler..
actually when i took my stock flex pipe off i did measure the diameter (on the inside) and yea it was something like 1.75 as i remember
2002 Ford Focus ZTS (Gave it away)
125whp/129wtq
2006 Subaru Impreza WRX with JDM 6 speed
207whp/273wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 2)13.9@99mph
320whp/330wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 3)
352whp/360wtq Dynojet
13.3@106mph
2004 Ford F-150 Lariat
2008 Honda CBR600RR "Silver Bullet" R.I.P.
2009 Honda CBR600RR "To Punish & Enslave"
2001 Honda CBR F4i Stunt bike "Burn the Rubber, not your soul"
2013 China 90cc dirt bike
mine was definitly not... I must have some freak azz foci that came with a stock 2" exhaust... the 1.75 wasn't even close... even the "expanded" end was way to small

when i went back to crappt tire i took a piece of exhaust back with me... the 1 7/8 pipe even slid in to the piece no problem... effortlessly, again even on the expanded end.
Silver 2000 zx3: Cai w/ K&n X-Stream filter, Steeda Wires (blue), Ngk plugs, Steeda Badges, Carbon taillights, Tint 20/30, blue glow And steeda Springs sirius sat radio, 2.5" Custom mandrel bent catback
According to Ed at MBRP, they played around with larger pipe sizings for the Zetec/SVT... going to a 3" exhaust didn't really make any overall power gains/losses over 2.5"... it's just the bottom-end that suffers. Apparently the stock Focus exhaust flows very well, actually in terms of the catalytic system.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
NOS2Go4Me,Jan 22 2007, 01:18 AM Wrote:According to Ed at MBRP, they played around with larger pipe sizings for the Zetec/SVT... going to a 3" exhaust didn't really make any overall power gains/losses over 2.5"... it's just the bottom-end that suffers. Apparently the stock Focus exhaust flows very well, actually in terms of the catalytic system.
[right][snapback]224133[/snapback][/right]

Ive seen dynos on many different cars, and as a general rule, I look at how much power thw car is making , then decide what size pipe to use. I see with Civc's for example, that they work quite well with 2.5 inch, but only when u start getting into 400 plus hp, is it worth considering going any bigger. I'm sure the Focus is very similar where most people arn't looking for that much power, just a good gain over stock.
i suggest welding a rod somewhere on the pipe leading to your tip, then using one of the mbrp's suggested hanger spots, which is different from the stock foci hangers.. the mbrp's hanger locations are more suitable for non-lunchbox installs. you can even re-use the stock rubber hanger too, just get a bolt and nut and i will show you the best place to install it.
My other ride is your Mom
so you cut off the rear muffler/resonator, and put an a nice tip? how long did that take you?
2001 Sangria Red ZTS, Zetec 5-spd, key gouges on hood and passenger fender (thanks idiots!Wink

Drivetrain and chassis: CAI, Steeda STS

Interior and exterior: Blacked out sidemarker lens, blacked out tailights, blacked out 3rd brake light, de-badged, cobra 40 ch. CB, Sirius

VA3RBV, Basic class licence!
not including the second trip to get the right parts... about a hour.... all cutting/welding time included
Silver 2000 zx3: Cai w/ K&n X-Stream filter, Steeda Wires (blue), Ngk plugs, Steeda Badges, Carbon taillights, Tint 20/30, blue glow And steeda Springs sirius sat radio, 2.5" Custom mandrel bent catback
Any idea what the stock spi exhaust is?

And would it be worth it to go 2.25" from manifold back? Or 2".. Or.. Just do what you did?

I hear that "lunch box" thing causes some performance lame-ness.
[Image: rivalphotographygf0.jpg]
[quote=ex1z7,Mar 14 2007, 05:29 AM]
Any idea what the stock spi exhaust is?

And would it be worth it to go 2.25" from manifold back? Or 2".. Or.. Just do what you did?

I hear that "lunch box" thing causes some performance lame-ness.
[right][snapback]230410[/snapback][/right]
[/quote

I know this is an old post, but for the money, you really cant go wrong with getting the 2.25" mbrp. im sure you will love the sound and it is a bit better than stock.
I had the 2.25" flex-back from MBRP on my SPI sedan... loved it.

Just tell them it's a first-gen sedan when you order - done deal.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
im wanting to do mine , just got to make sure I get the right parts.
Ford Focus SES ZX5
Blue Underglow, Clear Corners, Shorty antenna, vogtland springs , Rust Module,Truebendz 2.5 ss magnaflow and Fuzion 205/50/16 HRI's
TEAM DURATEC # 99