Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do We Have Any Members In The Thousand Island Area
Yep. Your hearing it hear first. We are planning a day/weekend event in July this year in the thousand Island area and we need some help.

So if you can help with organizational issues/planning or just some information about the area, we need your help.

The date............We are waiting on the King of Kancel to set plans for his first anniversary and apparently his new bride doesn't want it to be with us. I would think probably July 21-22.

Oh, you just noticed it is a two day event? For those that want to camp out or stay over or just come for one day, it's all up to you.

But you Ottawa peps better show up in numbers because we aren't doing this for the good of our health. Free beer maybe.

More info to come.
TEAM PITA Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.

One day I will rule the world. For now, I have to settle for this place.
I'll search out hotels and best deals available for people who may not be into camping!
so something good came out of wing night last night?? other than hangovers?
:lol:

edit: and thanks for moving the event about as far as possible from me!! lol
ill still try and make it though
'05 Grand Cherokee LTD Hemi

'02 black ZX5 ****currently on jack stands my parents garage missing a transmission****
--FC/OBX 4-2-1 Race Header--FS Flex--MBRP catback exhaust--AEM CAI--Brembo Brakes with Hawk HPS pads--Toucan(ractive) 9mm Plug wires--FC Plug wire cover--Polished aluminum Ractive Strut Bar
Not installed: FK 60/40 Springs
All events for this year have dates attached and the info. will be posted soon.
And by soon, I mean as soon as puppet gets to it.
I'm just jumping the gun a little.
The camping trip to Algonquin, I believe will be the weekend of June 9th
Anthony's BBQ will be August 11th
The Niagara Cruise will be late September.
And my birthday is August 12th. Just in case you forgot.

These dates are right ??? Anthony??? Steve???

sweet, now i can plan my summer!! :D
'05 Grand Cherokee LTD Hemi

'02 black ZX5 ****currently on jack stands my parents garage missing a transmission****
--FC/OBX 4-2-1 Race Header--FS Flex--MBRP catback exhaust--AEM CAI--Brembo Brakes with Hawk HPS pads--Toucan(ractive) 9mm Plug wires--FC Plug wire cover--Polished aluminum Ractive Strut Bar
Not installed: FK 60/40 Springs
I was thinking we could camp here at Sandbanks...........

http://www.ontarioparks.com/english/sand.html

And they have a group camp ground where we could be off in our own area.............

Group Camping
There are two group sites. One site accommodates up to 30 people and has outhouses, a fire grill and pit, water tap, 6 picnic tables and overflow parking. The site is in close proximity to a sandy beach on East Lake. The second site can accommodate up to 50 people and has outhouses, a water tap, 11 picnic tables and a fire grill and pit. The site is right near the water, making for beautiful scenery. Reservations can be made by calling the park directly at (613) 393-3319.

if it is on a weekend im all good to go..just told girlfriend i would like to make it out to one of these and expecially if it is camping im sure she is all good to go
Interior
Jvc headunit, , Kicker Zx 1000.1, 2 12" Kicker comp VR, Diamond plate floor mats

Power mods
FRPP spark plug wires, Volant CAI
I'm so there for the Sandbanks adventure!! There are some great places in that area, so I can try and help organize stuff from up here (Ottawa).

As for the bbq... I prolly won't be there... hopefully I will be in Sao Paolo, Brazil, but fingers crossed on that one!
Does a shorty anntena count as a mod?? Wink
2006 ZX5 UV red with SAP package

"Two things in life are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not so sure about the universe"
Camping sounds good this year. We need some more "woods time" after we got hosed in Algonquin during that storm last July. Accent on the hosed.

I guess we have some planning to do!

Oh and please, please, PLEASE put the cruise on a f'ing Saturday for a change. Especially if it's a "sunset" shoot cruise. There are those of us who are more than willing to spend the day in the south but have to work on Monday morning... so an uber-late drive home is not desirable.

Thank you. </end quasi-rant>
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
All events will be on Saturday, including the Niagara cruise this year. Some will be on both the Saturday and Sunday if there is camping involved.

And you won't get much "woods time" at Sandbanks. It's on a beach???

meford4u,Jan 14 2007, 12:06 AM Wrote:And you won't get much "woods time" at Sandbanks.  It's on a beach???
[right][snapback]223274[/snapback][/right]

I'll bring my own trees? I keed, I keed.

It sounds good.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
I'm thinkin' hotel for this one....

I'll toss the beach camping past the warden to see if she's in for that.
meford4u,Jan 14 2007, 12:06 AM Wrote:And you won't get much "woods time" at Sandbanks.  It's on a beach???
[right][snapback]223274[/snapback][/right]

There are actually quite a lot of campgrounds at Sandbanks that are in the treed area.... it just depends on where you book em
Does a shorty anntena count as a mod?? Wink
2006 ZX5 UV red with SAP package

"Two things in life are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not so sure about the universe"
Well finally....something right in my back yard.....15 min drive for me to the banks. meford if you guys plan on camping at the banks you might want to reserve campground sites NOW!!! it gets unbelivabley busy around that area at that time of the year. I can help out in any way needed...going there, picking info up from the campsites and local hotles (if your too sissy to camp)

But willing to do about anything for you to make this event happen. Just glad that I don't have to travel to all of you's to do something, Your all coming to me.....I feel special now....lol....just pm or email me at harrington884@hotmail.com if you need my help.....
Car Run Down for past 5 years:

Make / Model / Year / Status

Ford / Focus Sedan / 01 / STOLEN/WROTE OFF
Pontiac / Grand AM SE / 98 / STOLEN/Location still unknown
Dodge / SX 2.0 Sport / 04 / DRIVEWAY (lowjacked equip)

I HATE THIEVING PUNKS!!!!
(can the car gods make it three cars in a row to be stolen?)
Christine and I our on the St. Lawrence in Prescott and south of Ottawa. We'll plan on attending Sandbanks in some form.
If I can help, please let me know.
Fader
2002 ZX5
MBRP Cat Back - K&N Typhon - KYB/AGX Shocks and Struts -Vogtland Springs, 1.5 inch drop - Primax 772's - Toyo TPT 205/50R16's - Nextar Navigation
Friends call me Fader.
G.F.T.L.S.T.R.
Get me a local hotel and I'm good to go for a weekend in July out east (July is a down time between other events for me :ph34r: )

NefCanuck
I can get some quotes on hotels/motels in the area if anyone wants me too. If you want Meford I can get ahold of the park for you too, and see on prices and availability at that time?.....I tends to get busy at that time and booking in advance is usually the only way to go.....will help in any other way too.

PIGEON1,Jan 15 2007, 11:14 PM Wrote:I can get some quotes on hotels/motels in the area if anyone wants me too. If you want Meford I can get ahold of the park for you too, and see on prices and availability at that time?.....I tends to get busy at that time and booking in advance is usually the only way to go.....will help in any other way too.
[right][snapback]223492[/snapback][/right]
If you could do both, that would b e great. I am trying to get ahold of my buddy who always goes fishing down near Picton. He used to rent cabins down there for a weekend that was dirt cheap. They were rustic but very comfortable he said.
I am sure he said they were on a land locked island near the reserve.

meford4u,Jan 16 2007, 11:53 PM Wrote:
PIGEON1,Jan 15 2007, 11:14 PM Wrote:I can get some quotes on hotels/motels in the area if anyone wants me too. If you want Meford I can get ahold of the park for you too, and see on prices and availability at that time?.....I tends to get busy at that time and booking in advance is usually the only way to go.....will help in any other way too.
[right][snapback]223492[/snapback][/right]
If you could do both, that would b e great. I am trying to get ahold of my buddy who always goes fishing down near Picton. He used to rent cabins down there for a weekend that was dirt cheap. They were rustic but very comfortable he said.
I am sure he said they were on a land locked island near the reserve.
[right][snapback]223564[/snapback][/right]

No problem...will go to Picton this weekend and get some info and post it here on this thread so everyone can see prices and make there minds up to whick they want to do....

1) Cabbins (if I cn get info on any)
2) hotel/motel
3) camp site
4) punk out and not make the drive (lol j/k all)

more info to follow everyone....

Problem with Sandbanks/Picton/Bay Of Quinte area is you have to book now for July. They get booked up quick. Don't anybody plan on showing up that day hoping to find a spot.

If you want 'real' Thousand Islands, check out Brown's Bay on the Thousand Islands Parkway between Brockville and Gananoque... Both Brockville and Gananoque have some ok bars and restaurants, as well as hotels.

If the Picton meet goes through, any couples looking for an ok place, there are some nice B&B's out in Wellington and then there is Isiah Tubbs resort just out side of Picton. There are also plenty of B&B's in Picton. Belleville & Kingston are both within 1 hour drive, so if you want to stay in a more major center, you could look there too.

I might be in, maybe just a day drive, all depends on the mrs. and the little guy.

Ryan
Ryan and the Silver Sedan
++++++++++++++++++++++++
2008 Mazda5 GS/Copper Red Mica/2.3 MZR 5AT/22% Tint
[Image: 49951.png]
2011 Ford F150 FX4 Supercrew/Race Red/3.5 TT EcoBoost