Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do We Have Any Members In The Thousand Island Area
He's right on the sandbanks part....checking into the reservations today with the parks services...will have more info soon....Belleville is 15 min from picton, Kingston is about an hour depends on if you take the 401, or HWY 2...but

The Ganinaque area has a campsite that usually has open sites to camp...but it's located right under the bridge to the USA...not that quiet in certain areas of the site.

Ganinaque is only 20min from KIngston by HWY 2 and like 10-15 on 401 (traffic dependent)

But I will still go with the original plans of meford and if you guys want I can do the leg work for the Ganinaque/Kingston are (note: KIngston and Gan. hotels/motels are more expensive than Picton/Belleville area....)

MIKE
PIGEON1
Car Run Down for past 5 years:

Make / Model / Year / Status

Ford / Focus Sedan / 01 / STOLEN/WROTE OFF
Pontiac / Grand AM SE / 98 / STOLEN/Location still unknown
Dodge / SX 2.0 Sport / 04 / DRIVEWAY (lowjacked equip)

I HATE THIEVING PUNKS!!!!
(can the car gods make it three cars in a row to be stolen?)
reldridge,Jan 19 2007, 04:32 PM Wrote:If the Picton meet goes through, any couples looking for an ok place, there are some nice B&B's out in Wellington and then there is Isiah Tubbs resort just out side of Picton. There are also plenty of B&B's in Picton. Belleville & Kingston are both within 1 hour drive, so if you want to stay in a more major center, you could look there too.
[right][snapback]223941[/snapback][/right]

One nice place is called Isaih Tubbs (sp??) resort. It's right near West Lake, which is the opposite side of sand banks, but it's still really nice. They give you access to all of their water toys, and I believe they have either lodge set-ups or cabin set-ups.

As for the camping... there is also the option of camping on the actual St. Lawrence, or even doing some of the drive-in sites at Charleston Lake. Also, it's really not soooo bad booking for Sandbanks. Yes, I agree that it's booked up in advance, but I think this early in the game constitutes advanced, as long as you're not planning a May 2-4 or Canada Day/August long weekend party.

This is a little bit in advance here.. but would anyone be interested in renting a see-doo if we do do that (ie: camp somewhere near water)? We could all split on gas and stuff, and I'll bring up the wakeboard for those of you still young and limber enough to give it a shot :)
Does a shorty anntena count as a mod?? Wink
2006 ZX5 UV red with SAP package

"Two things in life are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not so sure about the universe"
rent sea do--------I am so in.
TEAM PITA Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.

One day I will rule the world. For now, I have to settle for this place.
I'm with Chica... Isiah Tubbs is a nice place. Great for couples... :)

Ryan
Ryan and the Silver Sedan
++++++++++++++++++++++++
2008 Mazda5 GS/Copper Red Mica/2.3 MZR 5AT/22% Tint
[Image: 49951.png]
2011 Ford F150 FX4 Supercrew/Race Red/3.5 TT EcoBoost
Isaiah tubbs might be a great resort, but we have to consider everyone doesn't work at The Keg. :lol:
At $200 a night, minimum 2 night stay, it takes the resort out of the picture for too many of the members.
We appreciate your input and thoughts, but we are trying to make this a fun event on a reasonable budget. I would love to stay there and could afford it, but how many people would we get if just the lodging is going to cost $500 for the weekend?
And the cottages are only on a weekly basis.

Best of luck everyone with future event planning. I have supported and helped out here long enough, and after everything that has happened not only today, but in the past 30 days, I think it's time for someone else to take the realm and start organizing the events. Maybe even the guy who owns the site?
I won't be leaving the site, so don't get all in a huff, just downgraded in my position.
See you all in the trenches.

Just to bump this, and I was thinking about this today, but is there anyone on the site that is willing to take the "bull by the horns" and start organizing the event?
I would love to attend, would be willing to help out when and if I can, but the total organization of the event at this time seems to be too big of an ordeal for myself at this time.
Having said that, if someone in the area wanted to start the ball rolling, I could certainly provide some past knowledge and information, and even help out where I could.
I really don't want to see this event die.

And on another note.........AnthonyD seems to have kyboshed his annual BBQ. Maybe, just maybe he could reconsider having it for one more year and then we search for another venue next year. We have always appreciated the hospitality and enjoyed the day very much. And I am sure I am not the only one that appreciates what you do.
If he is not able or willing to give it a go for another year, could we try and find another member that is willing to organize and host the BBQ in mid August? It might only be for this upcoming calendar year because I am thinking of moving the event north to my new digs where I would have the room and space to host such an event for all the hatch lovers. Sedans can come too.

Thanks for the Props Bryan. I knew there was a good bone in your body online somewhere. Having a good day today?

Don't worry, I'll give you this one. Your still the king P.I.T.A. in my books. That will NEVER change.

I'll host the BBQ / Meford's 41st Birhtday bash with Poker and tequila afterwards. I thought your birthday party was a freakin' riot last year.
SERENITY!

I'm thinking this will be the last year as chances are We'll have a little one by BBQ time 2008.

Tell "the boy", you'll need another ride home this year :P

I could use a hand organizing Bryan if you're interested.

:)
my services are always available, though my location limits them

and this year im sticking around for the "bday/after" party
'05 Grand Cherokee LTD Hemi

'02 black ZX5 ****currently on jack stands my parents garage missing a transmission****
--FC/OBX 4-2-1 Race Header--FS Flex--MBRP catback exhaust--AEM CAI--Brembo Brakes with Hawk HPS pads--Toucan(ractive) 9mm Plug wires--FC Plug wire cover--Polished aluminum Ractive Strut Bar
Not installed: FK 60/40 Springs
I'd be willing to help whoever takes on the thousand islands gtg, but I am just way to busy to plan the whole thing.... too proud for it to end up half a**ed.

So... if some kind soul decides to take it on their shoulders and thinks they might need a hand, let me know!

"Two things in life are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not so sure about the universe"
ANTHONYD,Feb 15 2007, 06:49 PM Wrote:I could use a hand organizing Bryan if you're interested.

:)
[right][snapback]227055[/snapback][/right]

You need anything Anthony, just let me know okay? I'll pitch in best I can ;)

NefCanuck
Ya I'll help with the BBQ. But you have to help me move. :lol:

And I was hoping maybe, just maybe we could get someone local. Pigeon are you interested? Anyone else?

And Nef we have some modeling you can do and Chica you can take pictures. Or do I have that reversed? I am sure we can get enough people involved that this can get off the ground. We need things like.......

1.........a venue.
2.........a decision on camping or lodging or a combination of both.
3.........an idea of who/how many are interested enough to make a deposit.
4........ activities.........such as..........beach lounging
road trip/cruise
baseball/volleyball
shopping for the ladies
And we may have to come up with some kids activites if the younger generation of Foucis owners tags along.

Anyway, everyone put their thinking caps on and we'll come up with a plan this weekend.

I already told you I would help you moe / sit in lawn chairs and drink beer.

I thought we had that clear?

---------------------------------------------------------

Jen is interested in this weekend of festivities.

We'll be shacking up in a hotel somewhere.
As long as we're in the province I don't think we'll have an issue attending.

If folks want a hand planning, enough of you have me on MSN methinks. If not, check my profile for the addy.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
ANTHONYD,Feb 16 2007, 07:48 AM Wrote:I already told you I would help you moe / sit in lawn chairs and drink beer.

I thought we had that clear?

---------------------------------------------------------

[right][snapback]227103[/snapback][/right]
I did include a smiley face.

Maybe some golfing?

I found this place, which is past Kingston(east) but it has both camping or lodging. Best of both worlds. And the prices are reasonable.

http://www.mistyisles.ca/index.html

Mapquest says it's about 3 hours from Toronto.

meford4u,Feb 16 2007, 03:21 PM Wrote:I found this place, which is past Kingston(east) but it has both camping or lodging.  Best of both worlds.  And the prices are reasonable.

http://www.mistyisles.ca/index.html

Mapquest says it's about 3 hours from Toronto.
[right][snapback]227150[/snapback][/right]

Certainly looks doable and people can pick & choose where they wanna stay (camping under the stars or with a roof over their heads ;))

NefCanuck
/me watches his CC quake in fear

I'll let you guys know that I will be able to make it, where ever/ when ever it is, and if you need some help on locating some camp grounds I have a few in mind, just send a pm.
2004 Ford Focus ZX5 MTX75 - Liquid Grey -

15.7 @ 86mph

1994 Pontiac Trans AM 25th Anniversary 6 spd -

12.3 @ 110mph

2013 Ford Focus ST - Oxford White

1/4 TBD
[Image: image,Burnin1,black,blue.png]
meford4u,Feb 16 2007, 03:15 PM Wrote:Maybe some golfing?
[right][snapback]227149[/snapback][/right]

I would definately be up for a round of 18!!!