Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sask Fourm
Well maybe there should be a gtg in saskatoon on cruise weekend. This year i did not see many foci out at all or im blind one of the 2. Is it summer yet?
postmanbob,Nov 27 2006, 10:47 PM Wrote:Well maybe there should be a gtg in saskatoon on cruise weekend. This year i did not see many foci out at all or im blind one of the 2. Is it summer yet?
[right][snapback]217712[/snapback][/right]

Unfortunately not :P How is the Saskatoon cruise weekend? I remember hearing about it last year after it was already over..
Cruise weekend is primarily for 25+ year old vehicles, at least it used to be. The majority of the organizers have this as the ideal range. There are some sport compacts there but in Saskatoon, aside from maybe Phil and Garret now and Tyler and his mom, I don't think there really is anyone that is actively participating on a focus form from this city. The scene is basically completely dead.

It was really good, there's alot more cars out it seems each and every year to cruise weekend, weather is usually crap though, almost always rains it seems....good cabarets usually and just an overall fun time outside in the downtown core.

They used to have the show and shine on Saturday nights I believe, at least when I had my 81 TA entered for several years. Now it's on Sunday during the day, and honestly I think it was much better at night.

One very cool thing though is on 8th street on the entire weekend at night, all sorts of 'cruisers' up and down the strip, amazing cars out there literally and tons and tons of them. The street is usually horded by tons of people in lawn chairs watching the cars go up and down and the parking lots are completely packed.

I believe it is in August every year..... pretty sure.
august 25-26 is the big cruise nights on 8th. There are lots of sport compact and other cars this year i was at the TD parking lot and it was full all imports and sport compact and a few others. lol im on that street too much.