Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2008 Focus Unveiled
The Fusion is way too squishy in the suspension for my liking, and the AWD feels like you're cornering a shopping cart.

Maybe my next car will be a WRX (if they bring back the autostick) or perhaps a VW. It's way too far off to tell.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
I'm going to more then likely be the only one here that says they like it out right, and the styling is better then the 2005-2007 model year, but yes it dose have some real flaws with it being an MK 1.3 Focus facelift, I'm suprised Ford of America didn't give the rear lights a seprated rear turn signel, or side repeaters for that matter, and the interior looks like the newer Volvo Interiors to me.

As for all the new features like safety and tech stuff you really have to give Ford some credit as the new Civic's, Corolla's Chevy's and Hyundai's and almost all other small car companys out there Can't offer something like with the new 2008 MK1.3 Focus can in terms of options and features that are listed there, other then bluetooth in them, and ABS on disc brakes.

I am still kinda pissed off Ford of America discontinued the Focus Wagon because in the new styling and features it would have been a real winner in my books as I'm soon to be on the market for a newer larger car, and that would have been right up my ally, but it looks like I'll be getting a 2004 Wagon or an Escape Suv, as I hate the 2005-2007 focus.
I was the only member on this board with a Yellow Focus Sedan, and a 2002+ Euro Facelift on a sedan.
136hp im impressed

NOT :angry:
02' SONIC BLUE, SVTF #2686 OF 4788
K&N FIPK
SCT XCAL-2 POWERED BY STEEDA
SCREAMIN' DEMON COIL PACK & LIVEWIRES
STEEDA STRUT TOWER BRACE (SONIC BLUE)
STEEDA STS
STEEDA REAR POLY MOTOR MOUNT
DEI HEADER WRAP
MBRP 2.5" EXHAUST
EBC GREENSTUFF PADS
EBC SLOTTED AND DIMPLED ROTORS
RUSSELL STEEL BRAIDED LINES
EURO SVT RIMS 17" General Exclaim UHP
ALPINE H/U

Winter package includes Euro SVT RIMS with Nokian WR'S
At first, I was like, "Just great, there changing the model just when I bought an '07. F**K."
Then, when I look more into it, I'm actually glad to have opted for the '07 ST when I did.
There are some nice options on this "face lift", but for the most part, it makes me like my '07 even more.
Hopefully they will change a few thing before heading into production.
That interior has potential, but again, you can forget about upgrading your head unit. I never did like the idea of having a dash that limits you of beeing able to personalize your car to your liking.
I'll enjoy my '07 for another 4-5 years, and hopefully by then, Ford will have something decent to offer.

2007 CD Silver ST  **** FOR SALE ****
2014 Performance Blue ST  **** SOLD ****

2016 Ford Edge Sport Shadow Black
I'll keep mine for now.
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
Its not half bad compared to what its up against for price point. I may also point out that allot of gen 1 owners thought the 05's were fungly when they came out....

hardk0re,Jan 8 2007, 10:53 AM Wrote:a lot of MK 1 owners thought the 2005's (Mk1.2) were fugly when they came out....
[right][snapback]222582[/snapback][/right]

I still think they are. :huh:
I was the only member on this board with a Yellow Focus Sedan, and a 2002+ Euro Facelift on a sedan.
guilty,Jan 7 2007, 09:35 AM Wrote:Why on earth would you make a big flat bumper with big rectangle shapes when the rest of the car has swooping lines..
[right][snapback]222515[/snapback][/right]

Because all ford can think about it seems is the truck lines and the mustang and they couldn't design it after the 'stang.

Frost, totally agree with you on the wagon comment, that might've looked ok but this thing the way it sits, is hideous.
No name, Cheap and Slutty.

MMM Daddy Like
Flofocus,Jan 8 2007, 08:49 AM Wrote:I'll keep mine for now.
[right][snapback]222576[/snapback][/right]

Thought you were trying to sell her?
Does a shorty anntena count as a mod?? Wink
2006 ZX5 UV red with SAP package

"Two things in life are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not so sure about the universe"
hardk0re,Jan 8 2007, 09:53 AM Wrote:I may also point out that allot of gen 1 owners thought the 05's were fungly when they came out....
[right][snapback]222582[/snapback][/right]

Some of us still do.
Current
09 F150 SCREW 4X4 XTR

Former
Show
Hella Magic Module Tail Lights, 17" Ford Racing EAP rims, 5% Rear, 20% Front Tint, Panasonic CQ7401 Deck, 2 MB Quart 10's, Alpine Components, Phoenix Gold 500.1 Amp
Go
Steeda Cold Ram Air Intake MBRP Exhaust (Gen 2), FK Coilovers, Hedman Header (Install Pending),FC Hi-Flo Cat (Install Pending),EBC Greenstuff Pads

ZX5chica,Jan 8 2007, 01:07 PM Wrote:
Flofocus,Jan 8 2007, 08:49 AM Wrote:I'll keep mine for now.
[right][snapback]222576[/snapback][/right]

Thought you were trying to sell her?
[right][snapback]222588[/snapback][/right]

no bites :(

no bites :(
[right][snapback]222598[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
*Flo put a Honda badge on your car and you can sell it :P

Ford can't call the 2008 focus new.The name should be hybridlook(saturn ion+old toyota prius).Ford (N.A) should put down the crack pipe now before its too late B)
was i the only one to notice these

Quote:To maintain good ride character, we reduced the spring rates
Quote:For 2008, the transmissions have revised final drive ratios, which let the engine turn at a lower rpm rate during highway driving and get better fuel economy

'tuned for comfort' suspension and taller gearing.. yikes.. i guess i can't knock the suspension without driving it first or at least having a more full picture of what they did with the damping rates.. but the taller gearing is pretty obvious.. that thing is going to be pretty slow...
naz,Jan 8 2007, 10:23 PM Wrote:was i the only one to notice these

Quote:To maintain good ride character, we reduced the spring rates
Quote:For 2008, the transmissions have revised final drive ratios, which let the engine turn at a lower rpm rate during highway driving and get better fuel economy

'tuned for comfort' suspension and taller gearing.. yikes.. i guess i can't knock the suspension without driving it first or at least having a more full picture of what they did with the damping rates.. but the taller gearing is pretty obvious.. that thing is going to be pretty slow...
[right][snapback]222643[/snapback][/right]

hopefully it was only 5th gear that they lengthened, lightly modded, 4th is good for at least 180 km/h
'05 Grand Cherokee LTD Hemi

'02 black ZX5 ****currently on jack stands my parents garage missing a transmission****
--FC/OBX 4-2-1 Race Header--FS Flex--MBRP catback exhaust--AEM CAI--Brembo Brakes with Hawk HPS pads--Toucan(ractive) 9mm Plug wires--FC Plug wire cover--Polished aluminum Ractive Strut Bar
Not installed: FK 60/40 Springs
Frost__2001,Jan 7 2007, 08:22 PM Wrote:it looks like I'll be getting a 2004 Wagon or an Escape Suv, as I hate the 2005-2007 focus.
[right][snapback]222558[/snapback][/right]

You consider yourself a Euro Focus fan, you bash the 2005+ Foci and you're supporting the 2008s?

You've gotta be kidding me! The 2005-2007 Foci are the SAME as the 2000-2004, with the only major differences being a newer powertrain and improved (not reworked for "comfort") suspension bits on the 2006+ models.

You're hating a car that is closer to your own than you want to realize or perhaps you're just blindly ignorant.

In the 2008 they go a decent-sized way along the path to nerfing the driver's experience for the sake of passengers. And, I reiterate, there is now NO direct connection to Ford of Europe's rally heritage with the discontinuation of the hatch. Love it or hate it, there is still a distinct following of the WRC in North America.

The Brits are having one hell of a laugh at us right now, and we (as North Americans) deserve it. We didn't speak up and we got OWNED.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
NOS2Go4Me,Jan 9 2007, 09:09 AM Wrote:
Frost__2001,Jan 7 2007, 08:22 PM Wrote:it looks like I'll be getting a 2004 Wagon or an Escape Suv, as I hate the 2005-2007 focus.

You consider yourself a Euro Focus fan, you bash the 2005+ Foci and you're supporting the 2008s?

You've gotta be kidding me! The 2005-2007 Foci are the SAME as the 2000-2004, with the only major differences being a newer powertrain and improved (not reworked for "comfort") suspension bits on the 2006+ models.

You're hating a car that is closer to your own than you want to realize or perhaps you're just blindly ignorant.

In the 2008 they go a decent-sized way along the path to nerfing the driver's experience for the sake of passengers. And, I reiterate, there is now NO direct connection to Ford of Europe's rally heritage with the discontinuation of the hatch. Love it or hate it, there is still a distinct following of the WRC in North America.

The Brits are having one hell of a laugh at us right now, and we (as North Americans) deserve it. We didn't speak up and we got OWNED.
[right][snapback]222658[/snapback][/right]

Desisions were made on the 08 focus when you were still adding nights*** to your SPI. Ford doesnt care for the 3% (or whatever the stat is) that customise a focus.

Ford is listening, just not listening to us. ;)
I liked it as a new car BUT not with a Ford Focus name on it. It is pretty much a Ion front, mustang side and B14 sentra end. It is nothing like a Focus.
2000 ZX3: KW coil-over/IceMan/FC UPD/Megaflow cat-back /energy bushing all over/Ported TB/home make ground wires

260000km and counting.....
NOS2Go4Me,Jan 9 2007, 09:09 AM Wrote:

[right][snapback]222658[/snapback][/right]

NOS2Go4Me,

I can say that an Interior sells me more on a car then the outter appearance of it, Mainly because your seeing it more on a daily basis then you see the outer apperance of a car. I got a Focus in the first place because I liked the interior as it was more suited to my height, Plus I like the fact that the new interior looks like a Volvo's and the fact it's better looking then the 2005 - 2007's. I personally don't care if the engine is the same as my Zetec or it's the PZEV or 2.0 Duratec or what suspention it's running beacause I know it's good, even if it's now going on 10, yes 10, years old now.

I don't personally care of the WRC bulls*** your hyping, because when it comes down to it, Your buying a car for the realities of the real world, not WRC! When it comes to my car needs I have more then just my own needs to think about, as I do most of us, So if my passengers are more happy with what the a 2008 Focus and what can come with as a feature, like safety and entertainment, I'll gladly get it, So I know they are safe and entertained. After all I'm looking at the car as a Whole in the big picture, as you surely have not.

I put on the European parts on my car because I hated the cheep generic looks of the stock American Focus, and I added the extra safety features of the European Focus like the side repeaters and rear foglights. I will openly admit like the European MK 1.2 Facelift more then the MK 1, and If we had a Choice to buy the MK 2 European Focus here in Canada, I gladly would without hesitation as many of us on here would.

I could continue to rant more but I choose not too, and I'm leaving my reply as that.
02_svt_guy,Jan 8 2007, 12:22 AM Wrote:136hp im impressed

NOT   :angry:
[right][snapback]222565[/snapback][/right]

Remember, Grandma doesn't want any more HP.

Wow is that car ever ugly.

It looks like they mashed a Saturn with a Tiburon and slapped in a Civic interior.

[Image: 2006-hyundai-tiburon-068030.jpg]

:puke:

Anyone else notice the *let's just stick some foglights here* joke?

Wow, would it have killed them to shape them somewhat?
That I have to respectfully disagree with Anthony because if there's one thing I dislike about my '05, it's the fact that the fog lights are just basically lenses in a plastic surround.

Looks cheap, is cheap. <_<

That's the one thing that the '08 fixes that they "broke" in going from the 00-04 design to the 05-07 IMO.

NefCanuck

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  '09 Focus Unveiled darkpuppet 27 8,457 05-16-2008, 06:37 AM
Last Post: reldridge
  2008 Focus Recalled, Along With 2008 Nissan Xterra Frost__2001 4 1,802 12-08-2007, 11:14 AM
Last Post: Oscar The Grouch