Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Alright I Fixed Her
Hey guys, as I posted before I have been working on my GF's focus trying to get rid of the hesitation and cold start problems.

Well I swapped the injectors with the ones I got from flofocus(thanks) and a new fuel filter. I have to say the car starts and runs a lot better than it did before. No more lagging around town and she starts right up.

One problem though, after I put everything back together (by the book) I had the car re-learn its idle but in the process it threw a CEL.

Any ideas on what it could be? I really would like to have a OBD reader as MY focus lit one up after the TB install. Any one know what a shop would charge to check the code, it has to be somthing simple cause she runs sweet!

P.S. The injectors were from an 03 focus and hers is a 00 focus, any problems???

P.S.S. Thanks guys, don't know where i'd be without this site!
shop will charge ya at least $50
2002 Ford Focus ZTS (Gave it away)
125whp/129wtq
2006 Subaru Impreza WRX with JDM 6 speed
207whp/273wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 2)13.9@99mph
320whp/330wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 3)
352whp/360wtq Dynojet
13.3@106mph
2004 Ford F-150 Lariat
2008 Honda CBR600RR "Silver Bullet" R.I.P.
2009 Honda CBR600RR "To Punish & Enslave"
2001 Honda CBR F4i Stunt bike "Burn the Rubber, not your soul"
2013 China 90cc dirt bike
If your in the GTA DonMills/Eglington I can read it for you Monday-Friday 8AM-5PM.
You can also do the trip odometer diagnostic mode trick.

Straight from www.focushacks.com

Quote:Procedure:

(information found on the internet and in the 2001 Ford Cars Service manual on CD-ROM)
To enter the HEC Dealer Test Mode, depress and hold the instrument cluster SELECT/RESET button, turn the ignition switch to the RUN position, and then continue pressing the SELECT/RESET button (5 seconds) until tESt is displayed in the odometer.   The SELECT/RESET button must be released within three seconds of the odometer tESt display to begin the dealer test mode.   Depress the SELECT/RESET button to advance through the following steps until dtc is displayed.   Depressing the SELECT/RESET button will display any stored continuous DTCs before proceeding to the next step

All the codes known are here and here - compiled by ZX3TUNR on the second one.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
i can read for ya,,, i will be in milton thr night fri , and sat

Toronto Paseo Club
Wow thanks for all the help you guys are great. Paseo if you are going to be in the Milton area tonight could we meet up? Just let me know the time and place thats good for you.

Thanks again everyone.
FYI, Injectors are from a 04 auto focus. ;)

Dont think it makes a dif though.
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
Don't see why it would, you should of seen the old injectors when I pulled them(like hair in the drainpipe clogged). My GF is never to be seen at one of those no name gas stations again. :P
Mike Rudat,Dec 21 2006, 03:44 PM Wrote:Don't see why it would, you should of seen the old injectors when I pulled them(like hair in the drainpipe clogged). My GF is never to be seen at one of those no name gas stations again. :P
[right][snapback]221282[/snapback][/right]

check your pm

Toronto Paseo Club