Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How To Go About Amp Hookup To Stock Unit?
Well I just have the stock mp3 cd player and I like how it plays. My question is how do I go about hooking up a amplifier ? Is there jacks in the back of the stereo ? :huh:
Ford Focus SES ZX5
Blue Underglow, Clear Corners, Shorty antenna, vogtland springs , Rust Module,Truebendz 2.5 ss magnaflow and Fuzion 205/50/16 HRI's
TEAM DURATEC # 99
Just curious as to why you want to power the stock system with an amp? The stock speakers are made of paper and are rated at 8 Watts RMS. The stock deck isn't even as good as a low quality aftermarket deck. An amp will hardly make a difference and it's a lot of work to connect it all up.

If cost is an issue, you can find all kinds of Audio Equipment for sale on http://www.canadiancaraudio.com or even under the for sale section on this board. Many knowledgeable people here can help you figure out what you want.

And to answer your question, the stock deck does not have RCA outputs, which makes it more difficult to wire in an amp. I can't remember what exactly you have to do but after much discussion on this board the general consensus is that it's not worth hooking up an amp to stock equipment.

Agree.

For the amount of time and effort it takes to do this, it's much more worth it to buy an aftermarket deck. There are hundereds of them out there for next to nothing in cost that will give you FAR better results than the stock deck.

This is one of those scenarios where life deals you lemons, and you CAN'T make lemonade. :(
I think the Unit is called a FM modulater(SP).
you will need this if you wanna Hook a Amp up on a Stock System.

The Stock Speakers will Melt even with the smallest amps.
WHAT YOU NEED IS SPEAKER TO RCA MODULATOR.....AND ABOUT IT SOUNDING GOOD, I'M WILLING TO BET THAT MY FACORY STEREO WILL SOUND JUST AS GOOD AS ANYYONE OUT THERE OR EVEN BETTER.....IF YOU WANT HELP ON THE INSTALL JUST LET ME KNOW......
Toss me a weenie....Cash Money is on!
kc focus,Dec 17 2006, 11:47 AM Wrote:WHAT YOU NEED IS SPEAKER TO RCA BOX.....AND ABOUT IT SOUNDING GOOD, I'M WILLING TO BET THAT MY FACORY STEREO WILL SOUND JUST AS GOOD AS ANYYONE OUT THERE OR EVEN BETTER.....IF YOU WANT HELP ON THE INSTALL JUST LET ME KNOW......
[right][snapback]220715[/snapback][/right]

You can't be serious.
i'VE DONE THE SAME ON MY NEON AND IT HIT LATE 130'S DB ON WASN'T TUNED PROPERY AT THE TIME.....
kc focus,Dec 17 2006, 10:47 AM Wrote:WHAT YOU NEED IS SPEAKER TO RCA MODULATOR.....AND ABOUT IT SOUNDING GOOD, I'M WILLING TO BET THAT MY FACORY STEREO WILL SOUND JUST AS GOOD AS ANYYONE OUT THERE OR EVEN BETTER.....IF YOU WANT HELP ON THE INSTALL JUST LET ME KNOW......
^^^^^^ :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Anyone else wanna laugh at this too...
kc focus,Dec 17 2006, 11:50 AM Wrote:i'VE DONE THE SAME ON MY NEON AND IT HIT LATE 130'S DB ON WASN'T TUNED PROPERY AT THE TIME.....
[right][snapback]220720[/snapback][/right]

On stock deck and speakers???
[Image: bulls***.jpg]
STOCK DECK AND FRONT SPEAKERS REAR WHERE CHANGE......I HAVEN'T DONE THE FOCUS, BUT I JUST HAVE TO SAY I ALWAYS DRIVE WITH THE VOLUME ON 1 OR 2 AND THE BASS AT -7 NOTHING MORE TRUST ME IT STILL PRETTY LOUD....
kc focus,Dec 17 2006, 11:47 AM Wrote:.....AND ABOUT IT SOUNDING GOOD, I'M WILLING TO BET THAT MY FACORY STEREO WILL SOUND JUST AS GOOD AS ANYYONE OUT THERE OR EVEN BETTER.....IF YOU WANT HELP ON THE INSTALL JUST LET ME KNOW......

Anthony I couldn't stop laughing for who knows how long.

If you truly belive this my friend then your hearing is a little off. The stock speakers are made of paper. There's no way paper is the most sought after material to make speaker cones out of because all the major manufacturers would be using it. Since none of them do, there must be a reason. if stock sound systems were as good as you think they are then why would any speaker manufacturers make any money.

There is a huge difference between how loud something is and how clear it sounds. Every dude bud in their civics or neons has a loud stereo. You have no idea what song you're listening to because of how clear the system ISN'T.

Like someone else mentioned, the speakers would fry if you put 50 Watts RMS to them. I replaced my sound system with JBL C608GTi Competition Components up front and Infinity 6"x8" in the rear for filler. I ran these speakers off a JL Audio 300/4 which puts out 75 Watts RMS per channel. Another JL Audio 500/1 powered my JL Audio 10W7 sub and the bass was crazy but also very clean. I had a Pioneer Premier Deck and it controlled everything.

Anyone who heard my system from this board could tell you how clean everything sounded. And to satisfy people like you it also rattled anything around me. There's no way you can make a statement like the one you did with any evidence at all.

Here's a pic of my trunk when I had the system in it.
[Image: System.jpg]
By the way I'm also runing 2 10" phoenix gold in a ported box with 2 phoenix gold amps and a cap in my Focus and TRUST ME, ITS CLEAR JUST LIKE MY NEON..... I know that the facory speaker are crap but it does the job for me....
You think Pheonix Gold equipment is clear?

Try some of these.

[Image: qtips.jpg]
^^^ Priceless.
I agree with the stock deck not being a great solution, but as for the Phoenix Gold stuff, I have to disagree, I would put my 1200.1 amp up against a JL 1000/1 and the quality would be more than quite comparable. Here is my setup> W7 was running off the a Pioneer Deck, but have switched to a Sony for now, until I can afford what I want. And as for SPL no problem, but the sound q is also great.

[Image: 2d76774a.jpg]

David
[Image: sigfocuscanada.jpg]
NoiSeeVT,Dec 17 2006, 07:30 PM Wrote:I agree with the stock deck not being a great solution, but as for the Phoenix Gold stuff, I have to disagree, I would put my 1200.1 amp up against a JL 1000/1 and the quality would be more than quite comparable.  Here is my setup>  W7 was running off the a Pioneer Deck, but have switched to a Sony for now, until I can afford what I want.  And as for SPL no problem, but the sound q is also great.

[Image: 2d76774a.jpg]

David
[right][snapback]220758[/snapback][/right]

dude... i have a serious problem with that set up!!!!!!!

How the hell are you gonna put a 24 of beer in there :huh: :P
Silver 2000 zx3: Cai w/ K&n X-Stream filter, Steeda Wires (blue), Ngk plugs, Steeda Badges, Carbon taillights, Tint 20/30, blue glow And steeda Springs sirius sat radio, 2.5" Custom mandrel bent catback
zx5power,Dec 17 2006, 01:41 PM Wrote:Well I just have the stock mp3 cd player and I like how it plays. My question is how do I go about hooking up a amplifier ? Is there jacks in the back of the  stereo ?  :huh:
[right][snapback]220699[/snapback][/right]

Which MP3 player are you refering to? If its a 2003 MP3 player (blaupunkt) then I think there is a AUX controller for it and it goes for around 40-60 US.

Depending to where you live, I would strongly stay away from FM modulators, specially the ones that come with Ipod. I had one and its crap.

Anyways good luck
"Coming together is a beginning, staying together is progress, and working together is success."
--Henry Ford

00 Focus ZX3 Silver- Sold
01 Focus ZX3 Green- Sold
01 Focus ZTS Red- Sold
03 Focus ZTW Green Sold
04 Escape LTD Silver- Sold
05 Freestyle LTD Black-Sold
02 Honda CRV EX-L-Sold
02 VW Jetta GLS TDI Silver-Sold

11 VW Jetta TDI 6spd Mine Smile
10 VW Golf Highline DSG- wrote off Sad

Im not hooking them to my stock speakers I want the amp for my subwoofers , I will not be upgrading my headunit dont like the look after the stock one is changed.
Ford Focus SES ZX5
Blue Underglow, Clear Corners, Shorty antenna, vogtland springs , Rust Module,Truebendz 2.5 ss magnaflow and Fuzion 205/50/16 HRI's
TEAM DURATEC # 99
zx5power,Dec 17 2006, 08:43 PM Wrote:Im not hooking them to my stock speakers I want the amp for my subwoofers , I will not be upgrading my headunit dont like the look after the stock one is changed.
[right][snapback]220773[/snapback][/right]

OOOHHHHHHHHHHH that makes everything more clear now. You just want to add a sub to your stock setup.

As far as hooking an amp up tp the stock 2000-2004 headunits, It's a little more difficult. A power wire is run from the battery and I believe you need to get a signal from the rear speakers for the amp.

The problem with doing this (or at least what I found when I added a sub to the stock system) is that the sub overpowers the stock speakers so all you get is bass.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Stock Mp3 Head Unit excalibur 3 2,596 05-02-2008, 12:47 PM
Last Post: OAC_Sparky