Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
High Idle - Low Shifting
its getting that way - if they cant fix this car - i am getting in contact with ford on what they are doing next

i had a friend that had a car at 75000 - the main computer in there focus crapped out so ford replaced the car for them

also a tid bit of news!!!!! - they discontinued the wagon for the focus in 2007/8
focus gone - 2005 mazda 6 sport gt wagon - lovin it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
just so every one knows - ford fixxed the hydraulic steering sensor and this is what causes this problem - they had to pull out the book but we finally figured this nightmare out!!!!!!!

thought i would bring everyone up to speed

my car is finally fixed
focus gone - 2005 mazda 6 sport gt wagon - lovin it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ahh yea that make sence the ecu will see no presure and try and raise the idle to crank over the pump .. and the visouse cycle continues,,

typically I would have said TPS or IAC for sure... and even if they swapped TB's it's easy to get the manual and auto versions mixed up and really screw you over.. I have an engine from an auto in my car and befor I changed my TB It had simalar symptoms....

I actually have three diffrent Zetec TB's at home one from a 99 contour.. one from a 2000 focus and one from a 2002 focus auto all all a little diffrent!

[Image: forumsig.jpg]

I could List my mods.. my times and even my future mods here.. but there the same as yours.. with a little less conversation and a lot more action!
I have a 2000 ZTS auto. replaced the TB because the TPS was shot. Searched the local area wreckersfor one. I was told by all the wreckers that the 2000 had something like 5 or 6 different TBs. Cost me 300.00, after just buying the car.
Proud member of the CDan nation.
2000 White ZTS: retired
2012 Frosted Glass SEL: active
K&N Filter.....

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  High Idle Rev At Start Up zx5power 7 4,726 10-09-2007, 06:38 AM
Last Post: Flofocus