Poll:
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What Do You Get When You Pull Your Dipstick...perv
curious, wanna get the first oil change done, first of me owning the car. was wondering what everyone else was using... i guess the cars been running semi synth....
Silver 2000 zx3: Cai w/ K&n X-Stream filter, Steeda Wires (blue), Ngk plugs, Steeda Badges, Carbon taillights, Tint 20/30, blue glow And steeda Springs sirius sat radio, 2.5" Custom mandrel bent catback
Your vote's kinda whacked. You should only run what your manual says to in the engine. If you're ever in a situation where you think you might need different-than-stock oil, check with the dealer's service staff first. If others have been in your position, chances are they'll know.

With that said, I use standard 5W-20... as recommended by Ford :)
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
AMSOIL 0W30 Full Synth.
"Coming together is a beginning, staying together is progress, and working together is success."
--Henry Ford

00 Focus ZX3 Silver- Sold
01 Focus ZX3 Green- Sold
01 Focus ZTS Red- Sold
03 Focus ZTW Green Sold
04 Escape LTD Silver- Sold
05 Freestyle LTD Black-Sold
02 Honda CRV EX-L-Sold
02 VW Jetta GLS TDI Silver-Sold

11 VW Jetta TDI 6spd Mine Smile
10 VW Golf Highline DSG- wrote off Sad

mobil 1 5w30 full synthetic

semi synthetic is useless
'05 Grand Cherokee LTD Hemi

'02 black ZX5 ****currently on jack stands my parents garage missing a transmission****
--FC/OBX 4-2-1 Race Header--FS Flex--MBRP catback exhaust--AEM CAI--Brembo Brakes with Hawk HPS pads--Toucan(ractive) 9mm Plug wires--FC Plug wire cover--Polished aluminum Ractive Strut Bar
Not installed: FK 60/40 Springs
I voted 5W30 but I'm using 5W20 regular oil .
Martin !
...V8 RX7...

...[Image: stan.gif]
yea fully 5w30 full synthetic
ii get a really good deal on it since my buddy is a mannager at 10 min oil place
2002 Ford Focus ZTS (Gave it away)
125whp/129wtq
2006 Subaru Impreza WRX with JDM 6 speed
207whp/273wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 2)13.9@99mph
320whp/330wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 3)
352whp/360wtq Dynojet
13.3@106mph
2004 Ford F-150 Lariat
2008 Honda CBR600RR "Silver Bullet" R.I.P.
2009 Honda CBR600RR "To Punish & Enslave"
2001 Honda CBR F4i Stunt bike "Burn the Rubber, not your soul"
2013 China 90cc dirt bike
5W-30 Mobile 1 Full Synthetic is what I always use. I'd highly recomend this, or Amsoil
2004 Ford Focus ZX5 MTX75 - Liquid Grey -

15.7 @ 86mph

1994 Pontiac Trans AM 25th Anniversary 6 spd -

12.3 @ 110mph

2013 Ford Focus ST - Oxford White

1/4 TBD
[Image: image,Burnin1,black,blue.png]
NOS2Go4Me,Dec 10 2006, 06:28 PM Wrote:Your vote's kinda whacked. You should only run what your manual says to in the engine. If you're ever in a situation where you think you might need different-than-stock oil, check with the dealer's service staff first. If others have been in your position, chances are they'll know.

[right][snapback]219425[/snapback][/right]

ok... :huh: little testie on the subject, and so far your the only one running it.

And if you truly believe that you shouldn't put anything into your car that is the stock recommendation.... you might wanna hold up on the aftermarket parts for the new ride...

Valoline Wrote:WHY WE RECOMMEND
SYNPOWERÂÂ
FOR YOUR FOCUS

SynPower is an advanced, fully synthetic motor oil formulated for extreme protection and superior performance. It provides high-temperature protection under severe driving conditions and superior cold-temperature protection at start-ups. Because your FOCUS is a performance vehicle, or you drive your vehicle in average monthly temperatures that go above 90°F or below 20°F, or you have a diesel engine that requires special oil per manufacturer specifications, we recommend that you use SynPower.

by the way it comes in 5w30
Silver 2000 zx3: Cai w/ K&n X-Stream filter, Steeda Wires (blue), Ngk plugs, Steeda Badges, Carbon taillights, Tint 20/30, blue glow And steeda Springs sirius sat radio, 2.5" Custom mandrel bent catback
5w30 full synth.

but thats because powerworks told me so :P
THE FOCUS IS GONE! THE LEGEND IS DEAD!

but hey, im still around.....
5w30 full synthetic

royal purple
02' SONIC BLUE, SVTF #2686 OF 4788
K&N FIPK
SCT XCAL-2 POWERED BY STEEDA
SCREAMIN' DEMON COIL PACK & LIVEWIRES
STEEDA STRUT TOWER BRACE (SONIC BLUE)
STEEDA STS
STEEDA REAR POLY MOTOR MOUNT
DEI HEADER WRAP
MBRP 2.5" EXHAUST
EBC GREENSTUFF PADS
EBC SLOTTED AND DIMPLED ROTORS
RUSSELL STEEL BRAIDED LINES
EURO SVT RIMS 17" General Exclaim UHP
ALPINE H/U

Winter package includes Euro SVT RIMS with Nokian WR'S
5W20 AMSOIL
previous to this was 5W20 Royal Purple.
hardk0re,Dec 10 2006, 10:43 PM Wrote:5W20 AMSOIL
[right][snapback]219476[/snapback][/right]

ya... thats what i'm gonna go with... if not 0w20... if i can find it... it gets damn cold here sometimes in the winter.... -40c some times...
55W600 Full Synth

JK....5W20 FS
2002 Infra-red ZTS
residentdud,Dec 10 2006, 10:56 PM Wrote:55W600 Full Synth

[right][snapback]219481[/snapback][/right]

isn't that what they used in the Magellan spacecraft? ;)
SliverSteeda,Dec 10 2006, 08:02 PM Wrote:
NOS2Go4Me,Dec 10 2006, 06:28 PM Wrote:Your vote's kinda whacked. You should only run what your manual says to in the engine. If you're ever in a situation where you think you might need different-than-stock oil, check with the dealer's service staff first. If others have been in your position, chances are they'll know.

[right][snapback]219425[/snapback][/right]

ok... :huh: little testie on the subject, and so far your the only one running it.

And if you truly believe that you shouldn't put anything into your car that is the stock recommendation.... you might wanna hold up on the aftermarket parts for the new ride...

Valoline Wrote:WHY WE RECOMMEND
SYNPOWERÂÂ
FOR YOUR FOCUS

SynPower is an advanced, fully synthetic motor oil formulated for extreme protection and superior performance. It provides high-temperature protection under severe driving conditions and superior cold-temperature protection at start-ups. Because your FOCUS is a performance vehicle, or you drive your vehicle in average monthly temperatures that go above 90°F or below 20°F, or you have a diesel engine that requires special oil per manufacturer specifications, we recommend that you use SynPower.

by the way it comes in 5w30
[right][snapback]219464[/snapback][/right]

I said your poll was whacked because you didn't have the stock 5W20 oil as a choice. As for aftermarket, I'll do whatever my parts supplier recommends over and above Ford at that point. Plus, when your mods are intake/exhaust/reflash, that's not enough reason to change oils in my book.

Also, if you believe that Valvoline form-generated crap because it talks all kinds of flowery praise about the FOCUS... I have plenty of swampland for sale for you, dirt cheap, in a nice warm state in the U.S. It's perfect for HOUSES.

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
hardk0re,Dec 10 2006, 08:43 PM Wrote:5W20 AMSOIL
[right][snapback]219476[/snapback][/right]

And he's quite modded... (sorry to drag you into this, Kev)

NOS2Go4Me,Dec 11 2006, 10:57 AM Wrote:I have plenty of swampland for sale for you, dirt cheap, in a nice warm state in the U.S. It's perfect for HOUSES.
[right][snapback]219522[/snapback][/right]

Darn it, i already spent all my money on ocean front property in manitoba... :(
I run the Ford 5W20 semi synth, dealer changed. It's not a cheap oil change by any strech at my dealer (At $48 + taxes a whack) but I figure its much easier to go after Ford should something break internally, they can't say I didn't maintain the car "as per the manual"

NefCanuck
10w30 full syn
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
NefCanuck,Dec 11 2006, 10:27 AM Wrote:I run the Ford 5W20 semi synth, dealer changed.  It's not a cheap oil change by any strech at my dealer (At $48 + taxes a whack) but I figure its much easier to go after Ford should something break internally, they can't say I didn't maintain the car "as per the manual"

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]219551[/snapback][/right]

I'm extending the warranty to 7 years in the spring. That ought to do it :D