Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Factory Hu
im having a problem with my factory head unit, i can't get any radio stations and all that happened was the antinnia was changed..anyone have any thoughts to this?
Interior
Jvc headunit, , Kicker Zx 1000.1, 2 12" Kicker comp VR, Diamond plate floor mats

Power mods
FRPP spark plug wires, Volant CAI
May sound dumb, but is the antenna plugged into the back of the HU? That would be the first thing to check.
Current
09 F150 SCREW 4X4 XTR

Former
Show
Hella Magic Module Tail Lights, 17" Ford Racing EAP rims, 5% Rear, 20% Front Tint, Panasonic CQ7401 Deck, 2 MB Quart 10's, Alpine Components, Phoenix Gold 500.1 Amp
Go
Steeda Cold Ram Air Intake MBRP Exhaust (Gen 2), FK Coilovers, Hedman Header (Install Pending),FC Hi-Flo Cat (Install Pending),EBC Greenstuff Pads

tippmann,Nov 23 2006, 07:25 PM Wrote:im having a problem with my factory head unit,  i can't get any radio stations and all that happened was the antinnia was changed..anyone have any thoughts to this?
[right][snapback]217273[/snapback][/right]

Maybe I'm missing something ... but I assume you're posting this because you've already eliminated the new antenna as the source of the problem and now you're at a loss.

And if not ... well, there is probably nothing so important to radio reception as the antenna so I'm thinking the new one is borked and that's your problem right there.
2008 Fusion SEL MTX - DD1 * 2009 Fusion SEL - DD2 * 2007 Focus ZXW - R*I*P * 2004 Focus ZTW CD Silver - sold * 2004 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2003 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2001 Focus ZTW Gold - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Black - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Gold R*I*P

2003 Focus ZX5 infra-red Track Rat - R*I*P
2003 ZX5 CD Silver Track Rat - retired, but still in the driveway

New track rat: 2000 ZX3, Atlantic Blue * JRSC with lots more to come

* New Zetec crate motor - NFG - thanks Topspeed *
i think the antennia wire is in the back of the deck when i look through the dash with the glove box out and it doesn;t look like any loose wires in the back.. if i can wake up early tomorrow im going to see if i can use the keys from best buy to pop out the deck to look
Interior
Jvc headunit, , Kicker Zx 1000.1, 2 12" Kicker comp VR, Diamond plate floor mats

Power mods
did you put on a shorty-antenna?? if so alot of times the reduction in the lenght of the antenna causes a reduction in the strength of the radio signal being recieved.
'05 Grand Cherokee LTD Hemi

'02 black ZX5 ****currently on jack stands my parents garage missing a transmission****
--FC/OBX 4-2-1 Race Header--FS Flex--MBRP catback exhaust--AEM CAI--Brembo Brakes with Hawk HPS pads--Toucan(ractive) 9mm Plug wires--FC Plug wire cover--Polished aluminum Ractive Strut Bar
Not installed: FK 60/40 Springs
nope just the factory antennia. when i bought car the antennia was broke so we replaced the whole thing..from the base to the antennia itself
Interior

Power mods
no need to go to best buy.. I bought the radio removal keys so if u need a hand popping it out, i can help.
My other ride is your Mom
thanks man..i passed by future shop today and got it popped out..the antennia wire is in the back of the deck so next thing i can think is when the guy put the antennia on from the roof he might not have connected the wire to it properly.
Interior

Power mods
well i just tried to check the wire from the antennia to see if it was connected properly which it looks to be..could it be possible something is wrong with the deck itself?? if it is im not to worried cuz i have an aftermarket CD player im going to put in but first i wanna make sure nothing is wrong with the reception itself.
Interior

Power mods
i think i have narrowed it down to the deck being the problem but im not to sure...so if anyone on here has a factory CD deck that is just laying around and they want to get rid of cheap or if they wouldn;t mind letting me try just to see if that be the problem that would be great..

thanks
Interior

Power mods
Yup it was the deck. installed the aftermarket deck today and im gettin the Fm channels.
Interior

Power mods
Glad ya got it all worked out.
Current
09 F150 SCREW 4X4 XTR

Former
Show
Hella Magic Module Tail Lights, 17" Ford Racing EAP rims, 5% Rear, 20% Front Tint, Panasonic CQ7401 Deck, 2 MB Quart 10's, Alpine Components, Phoenix Gold 500.1 Amp
Go
Steeda Cold Ram Air Intake MBRP Exhaust (Gen 2), FK Coilovers, Hedman Header (Install Pending),FC Hi-Flo Cat (Install Pending),EBC Greenstuff Pads

yeah now i want a new deck..talked with girlfriend tonight and she agreed i think it's time to get a mp3 deck
Interior

Power mods