Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ford Wins Wrc Manufactuers Title
Yep, Ford-BP won the Manufactures Title in the WRC. Here is the quote from WRC.com

Quote:A long time coming

The noise from the service park was deafening as both Mikko Hirvonen and Marcus Gronholm completed the final stage of Propecia Rally New Zealand, confirming BP-Ford World Rally Team's claim for the Manufacturer's Championship, subject to the official publication of the results by the FIA. Team manager Malcolm Wilson was instantly drowned in champagne by his team, and was choked for words. "It's been ten years for me. It's just fantastic," he said. "It's been a combined effort. It really has been down to the people at M-Sport. They have done a fantastic job," he said.

Team director Jost Capito was equally moved. "To have a completely new car - we could never expect this after - not after 27 years of waiting," he said. "I think tomorrow we will realise what we have achieved today. It has been a real team effort. The drivers are new. They fitted into the team well, which I think shows how well the team works together when the drivers can adapt immediately."
'03 Focus SVT
Good news, now bring the focus wrc(rs) to N.A B)
Ford should market it like Subaru did. Work up from the basic Focus, all the way up to the World Championship Winning RS.
Word of caution, our Focus's aren't All Wheel drive RS's, so be careful out there
Proud member of the CDan nation.
2000 White ZTS: retired
2012 Frosted Glass SEL: active
K&N Filter.....
Great time to bring the RS out again but this time bring it to Canada. I want 300hp awd, the ST wouild nice too but with the 2.3l turbo from the mazdaspeed3!
Civic's sucks!

SEX is like math: add the bed, subtract the clothes, divide the legs, and pray you don't multiply!
I'd rather have the extra torque from the inline 5, even in N.A. form.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
Congrats to ford for winning the title. The only problem is where do you get to watch the races? I have tried to look for wrc on tv but it's never on? Am I just missing it all the time or what? rally racing is awesome to watch I mean I can only watch cars go round a circle with the same Hp and everything for so long till I fall asleep (usually second lap)

I would have to agree with the inline 5 aswell
2007 Focus GFX ST pitch black
st_two_007,Dec 5 2006, 02:02 PM Wrote:Congrats to ford for winning the title.  The only problem is where do you get to watch the races?  I have tried to look for wrc on tv but it's never on? Am I just missing it all the time or what? rally racing is awesome to watch I mean I can only watch cars go round a circle with the same Hp and everything for so long till I fall asleep (usually second lap)

I would have to agree with the inline 5 aswell
[right][snapback]218693[/snapback][/right]

Speed TV pretty much stopped broadcasting it in prime hours, they usually did it each sunday after a rally was finished but I haven't seen anything since they switched to being the NASCAR network.

I try and follow it on WRC.com.

and the I5 would be awesome in the focus.
'03 Focus SVT
Speed is a lost cause ................. Americans aren't interested in rally racing. They'd rather watch cars turn left for hours and wait for accidents :lol: (then they wake up) You're only option is wrc.com ............ lots of video's on youtube !! I think Ford is looking good for next year ......... Marcus has a year in the car and they continue to refine the Focus. It all depends on whether the new Citroen C4 is sorted out for Loeb ??
Strive for that moment when you're only a slice of pizza and a hooker away from paradise.
There is Rallying in the X Games, so hopefully it stirred up enough interest the US.
'03 Focus SVT
i always thought nascar was funny.....what is fun about watching cars go in circles 200 times for a few hours? lol.

Be the change you want to see in this world.
cornflakes,Dec 25 2006, 03:13 PM Wrote:i always thought nascar was funny.....what is fun about watching cars go in circles 200 times for a few hours?  lol.
[right][snapback]221554[/snapback][/right]
I always thought NASCAR was boring. To me, it looks like the 401 at "rush hour", going 200 mph or so
Proud member of the CDan nation.
2000 White ZTS: retired
2012 Frosted Glass SEL: active
K&N Filter.....

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Ford's 50 wins and 150 consecutive points finishes in WRC rnzo86 0 1,459 05-25-2012, 01:00 PM
Last Post: rnzo86
  Ford's Marcus Gronholm Wins 1st Rally Of 2006wrc microbunny 2 1,533 01-23-2006, 11:11 AM
Last Post: dlb