Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sattelite Radio....who Has It?
And is it worth the 14 bucks a month>??

I drive about 6 kms a day now so I'm not in the car much. Back when I drove from Beamsville to Oakville it would have been great.

What is everyone's view on it?

My deck is set up for it already so I don't need anything else in my window. Is it an install I can do myself? Or is it something I should leave to the pros.
Sundown has sat radio. I believe he loves it. I like my iPod I can listen to what I want when I want.
Focus man, Focus........ Team Psychological Disaster
2008 Taurus X to be modded.
2002 ZX5 parted out. Forever known as the "SLOCUS".

2010 Dyno #'s 102.96HP/105.84TQ
2011 Dyno #'s 111.44HP/115.17TQ
Still The Weakest LinkBlush

Dial 1-800-AUTO-PARTS for your local speed shop.
I've got Sirius satellite and I love it. It is definitely worth the money.

My commute to work is less than half an hour and with regular radio I would hit all of my presets and not get a station that was not playing a commercial! Sometimes I would get home before hearing 1 song.

With satellite all of the music channels are commercial free.

If you are in the mood to listen to a certain type of music you just pick the channel from current hits, soft, lite, 50s, 60s, 70s, 80s, 90s, classic vinyl, classic rock, hard rock, heavy metal, hair bands, new wave, reggae, margeritaville, hip hop, beat, strobe, trance, soul, r&B, blues, broadway, standards, classical, christian, pops, etc. There are even artist related stations like Elvis, The Who, The Rolling Stones.

If you want to hear talk, there are various talk and comedy channels including Howard Stern. For the ladies there is Martha Stewart and Cosmopolitan.

There are various news channels: CNN, Fox, Bloomberg, BBC, CBC.

There are a ton of Sports channels and Kids channels as well.

You can't beat the content and you can hear the same familiar channels all over North America. This past summer I drove down to North Carolina and it was a pleasure to listen to without having to seek through new regular radio stations after the losing reception every hour as you drive through different zones.

I'm a busy guy and I don't have much time to go buy CDs or download mp3s. The money spent on Satellite is well worth the convenience of the wide variety of commercial free music that I can l listen to.
vintage 2000 malibu blue ZX3 ***SOLD***
2013 performance blue ST

TEAM P.I.T.A.
I plan to get the Interface box that lets me use my JVC HU to operate the Sat Rad. It will use the display of my HU in the place of the Starmate that some of my friends have. I would buy Sirius just for the "Spinback" and "shade45" channels...I haven't even heard all they have to offer.

Also some places have a deal where if you buy a starmate install kit, you get that and a years subscription for $200...

Plan to get mine fairly soon.
Bleeding Ford Blue again...
i bought it for my work truck and love it .. but make sure you get an american unit instead of that canadian ones, that way you can register it through the US and get better programming for it
Below Average Car Club
i have xm and also shipped up from the states the xm roady boom box - this is only avail from the states and is friggin kickin - good sound - load and good bass

i have had a xm for 1 year now and just installed it in the wifes van

focus gone - 2005 mazda 6 sport gt wagon - lovin it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Cool.

But looking at the fact that I'm probably going to need a new alternator before xmas isn;t going to help the situation.

:(
Time to upgrade, or get another stock type one, and get a cap for your stereo...if you don't already have one...it will help
I know you're talking satillite radio here Anthony, but have you given any thought to the iPod option (If your deck supports it)

As good as satillite radio is from what I've heard, the iPod option is superior to me in that you can always have music that you want to listen to available because you programmed it yourself onto the iPod.

Besides you can take the iPod and use it during your GO Train commute, can't say that about satillite radio unless you buy a pretty pricey unit that can do portable work as well.

That and paying $14 a month for the service makes me cringe, that's $168 a year, assuming no price increases in later years :ph34r:

NefCanuck
I don't care for satt radio, eventually I too want the ipod connector. But until then, burnable cd's are great... and with my deck, browsing folders is a breeze... it should be even easier on your hu.
'14 Escape 2.0t
2012 5dr Ti : Traded
Well, I've had XM since the day it was launched in canada. I love it, regular radio sounds like crap in comparison, plus I love listening to stand up comedy on the way home after a long work day. I have a RoadyXT unit now, but I'll be getting a sat radio interface for my pioneer 6800 soon
Sirius will play content that you totally forgot about as time went by. Take for example songs like "The Gas Face" by 3rd Base...I used to LOVE that song back when I was in grade 6 or 7, and many others....Spinback on sirius plays that stuff all day, and other channels will play songs you liked "back in tha day" that you may not have remembered to DL to your comp.

That's one advantage to think about. Also, if you get an account for your car, it's whatever...$14 bux per month, but every subsequent account you get after that is only $7 per month...something else to consider.

Also, you don't NEED an iPod or special connector for aftermarket decks....just get a Y-cable with male RCA tips at one end, and a stereo mini plug on the other, and jack it straight into ANY mp3 player and the Aux input of your deck...

Oh yeah, and here goes my 1000th post.....for the 2nd time....woot woot 4me... :ph34r:
I listen to Sirius all day.

I drive to work with it.

I also have the home kit that I have hooked up in my office at work with the sound coming through my computer speakers. When someone comes in, or the phone rings, I just turn down the speakers.

When I go home I disconnect the unit and put it in my car.

Then at home I can listen to Sirius online with my subscription password.
vintage 2000 malibu blue ZX3 ***SOLD***
2013 performance blue ST

TEAM P.I.T.A.
dBlast,Nov 17 2006, 07:49 PM Wrote:I listen to Sirius all day.

I drive to work with it.

I also have the home kit that I have hooked up in my office at work with the sound coming through my computer speakers.  When someone comes in, or the phone rings, I just turn down the speakers.

[right][snapback]216493[/snapback][/right]

i was looking today at them, and the new one from sirius is portable, mounts to your car, or into your house... was trying to see if it hooks up witha fm transmitter, but the wife was pressuring me to "put it down"
Silver 2000 zx3: Cai w/ K&n X-Stream filter, Steeda Wires (blue), Ngk plugs, Steeda Badges, Carbon taillights, Tint 20/30, blue glow And steeda Springs sirius sat radio, 2.5" Custom mandrel bent catback
I have a US XM account since 2002 , I just signed up last night a 2nd one for my daily driver . Really love it and with the US account you get it online too , so home or at work I can listen to it. I don't think you can get it online with a Canadian account.

I don't have a FM antenna anymore on my cars , all I have is the XM puck where the factory antenna was and if I need to , I can still listen to FM and the reception perfect ( at least in and around the Montreal metro area ) .

[Image: 124289.jpg]

What I like about Satellite radio is that you can pick up the style of music you want instead to be forced to listen to what the put on and the worst is listening to publicities.. :rolleyes:
Martin !
...V8 RX7...

...[Image: stan.gif]
I listen to XM radio at work all the time and like it.. One of my co-workers has Sirus installed in his truck. The best thing is when you are on long out of the city or even out of the province trips, you can keep listning to the same broadcast. That is something you CAN'T do with regular AM/FM radio. Plus you buy the home cradle and you can listen to it in your dorm/appartment/house too.
My other ride is your Mom
My co-worker has it and he's told me he hasn't listened to the radio since and probably wont ever again. :lol:

I want it in my dd fer sure.
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
SliverSteeda,Dec 3 2006, 06:33 PM Wrote:
dBlast,Nov 17 2006, 07:49 PM Wrote:I listen to Sirius all day.

I drive to work with it.

I also have the home kit that I have hooked up in my office at work with the sound coming through my computer speakers.  When someone comes in, or the phone rings, I just turn down the speakers.

[right][snapback]216493[/snapback][/right]

i was looking today at them, and the new one from sirius is portable, mounts to your car, or into your house... was trying to see if it hooks up witha fm transmitter, but the wife was pressuring me to "put it down"
[right][snapback]218519[/snapback][/right]

It's what I want for Xmas. :D
TEAM PITA Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.

One day I will rule the world. For now, I have to settle for this place.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sirius Sattelite Radio Raypro 11 4,288 06-19-2008, 09:52 AM
Last Post: konafocuswrc