Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Interesting Thing About The Stock Cd Player
Well I was messing around in my car cleaning or something and something interesting happened. I had just turned my car off turning the key all the way back to remove it and I hit the power button on the deck just after. What happened next surprised me. The stereo turned on and on the digital read out it read "1 HR". The stereo stayed on without the keys for an hour just like it said on the screen.

I am not sure if anyone else knew about this little trick but it should help those who like to park the car and listen to tunes and not worry about someone taking your ride.
Focus man, Focus........ Team Psychological Disaster
2008 Taurus X to be modded.
2002 ZX5 parted out. Forever known as the "SLOCUS".

2010 Dyno #'s 102.96HP/105.84TQ
2011 Dyno #'s 111.44HP/115.17TQ
Still The Weakest LinkBlush

Dial 1-800-AUTO-PARTS for your local speed shop.
uuum yep B)
don't like them lights to be on
2002 Ford Focus ZTS (Gave it away)
125whp/129wtq
2006 Subaru Impreza WRX with JDM 6 speed
207whp/273wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 2)13.9@99mph
320whp/330wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 3)
352whp/360wtq Dynojet
13.3@106mph
2004 Ford F-150 Lariat
2008 Honda CBR600RR "Silver Bullet" R.I.P.
2009 Honda CBR600RR "To Punish & Enslave"
2001 Honda CBR F4i Stunt bike "Burn the Rubber, not your soul"
2013 China 90cc dirt bike
Yeah, cool little feature. After 1 hour it turns off automatically as to not kill your battery.
Hrm, I'll have to try that, it'd save me having to futz with the key to get tunes while I'm waiting for people :huh:

NefCanuck
Ya i remember this feature when i had my stock deck, many many years ago.
Current
09 F150 SCREW 4X4 XTR

Former
Show
Hella Magic Module Tail Lights, 17" Ford Racing EAP rims, 5% Rear, 20% Front Tint, Panasonic CQ7401 Deck, 2 MB Quart 10's, Alpine Components, Phoenix Gold 500.1 Amp
Go
Steeda Cold Ram Air Intake MBRP Exhaust (Gen 2), FK Coilovers, Hedman Header (Install Pending),FC Hi-Flo Cat (Install Pending),EBC Greenstuff Pads

It's a nice feature to have at the Drive-In too.
Yup.. I remember complaining about the loss of that cool feature when I put the Pioneer deck in.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
yeah it's a feature I knew about when I go tmy first focus. plus if your focus comes with the mid grade radio package it will have AVC - Automatic Volume Control, I love this feature as the radio gets louder with the more speed you go. It's best when you have it at AVC +7 (max) as you can have the volume set at 3 and you think it's still at 3 at highway speeds.
I was the only member on this board with a Yellow Focus Sedan, and a 2002+ Euro Facelift on a sedan.
Not sure how but I've actually managed to drain my battery with that nifty little feature. :blink:

It could have something to do with the fact that it takes me 4 hours to clean my car :lol:
[Image: rtfm.jpg]
Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

Just tried it on the '05 6CD/MP3 deck, no joy :(

Oh well, it's not like I can't put the key into the ACC position (Even though Ford sees fit not to mark anything on the steering column about it :rolleyes: )

NefCanuck
NOS2Go4Me,Nov 3 2006, 12:25 AM Wrote:Yup.. I remember complaining about the loss of that cool feature when I put the Pioneer deck in.
[right][snapback]214430[/snapback][/right]

me too adam, me too :(
I would like to get the facory 6 disc stereo....
darkpuppet,Nov 3 2006, 10:00 AM Wrote:[Image: rtfm.jpg]
[right][snapback]214473[/snapback][/right]

:lol: Who reads the manual? :lol:
Focus man, Focus........ Team Psychological Disaster
2008 Taurus X to be modded.
2002 ZX5 parted out. Forever known as the "SLOCUS".

2010 Dyno #'s 102.96HP/105.84TQ
2011 Dyno #'s 111.44HP/115.17TQ
Still The Weakest LinkBlush

Dial 1-800-AUTO-PARTS for your local speed shop.
Sadly, I'm one of the knobs that do :lol: (First thing I did when I picked up the car, sat in the parking lot at the dealer and went through the manual front to back, I didn't want any suprises on the drive home :D )

NefCanuck
Iit works on my factory ford/blau mp3 hu as well as my stock indash single cd. When I first leaned about this cool trick back in 2001, I used it quite often. It is really nice.
My other ride is your Mom
Yeah, I knew about this from day 1 with the Focus, a majority of Corprate radios from Ford have this same feature.

The Shaker 500 in the Stang will run 10 mins, and the windows will also function with the car totally shut off, until you open the drivers door. In terms of how long it will run with the key at the first position...I don't know yet...I do know that it's longer than 20 mins...
Bleeding Ford Blue again...
yup my parents truck does it, but my cousin's 05 focus doesnt do this, its a mixed bag..
My other ride is your Mom
It doesn't work on the 07 single-disc MP3 unit either :(
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
another reason to RTFM ..

jacking up the mustang to swap wheels when the alarm went off... which in underground parking is FRIGGIN' LOUD. Scared the bejeezus out of me.
Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Stock 2000 Cd Player.. Fit? Chromey 4 1,626 09-26-2005, 08:09 AM
Last Post: Chromey
  Stock Cd Player Skipping dannyq 12 2,776 07-25-2004, 05:19 AM
Last Post: dannyq
  Stock Cd Player Wiring Harness Part # Raine 4 1,764 05-20-2004, 12:27 AM
Last Post: paolo