Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Focus Recalls List
I've been looking for a list of Focus recalls. I've found one here. I don't know if it is 100% complete. It covers the years 2000-2005 and the recalls are listed by model year.
Fader
2002 ZX5
MBRP Cat Back - K&N Typhon - KYB/AGX Shocks and Struts -Vogtland Springs, 1.5 inch drop - Primax 772's - Toyo TPT 205/50R16's - Nextar Navigation
Friends call me Fader.
G.F.T.L.S.T.R.
just ask AnthonyD. He's the King of Kancel and the recall King.
TEAM PITA Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.

One day I will rule the world. For now, I have to settle for this place.
so far so good for the 2004 focus....only one recall (for canada) and it was only the door latches.

I had a 2001 focus before on lease and it had fuel pump and CEL issues.
Seems the 2004 batch came out fairly solid.
Be the change you want to see in this world.
cornflakes,Nov 2 2006, 10:17 PM Wrote:Seems the 2004 batch came out fairly solid.
[right][snapback]214414[/snapback][/right]

Except of course for the rear seat heat ducts you only think you got ..... but didn't.
2008 Fusion SEL MTX - DD1 * 2009 Fusion SEL - DD2 * 2007 Focus ZXW - R*I*P * 2004 Focus ZTW CD Silver - sold * 2004 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2003 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2001 Focus ZTW Gold - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Black - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Gold R*I*P

2003 Focus ZX5 infra-red Track Rat - R*I*P
2003 ZX5 CD Silver Track Rat - retired, but still in the driveway

New track rat: 2000 ZX3, Atlantic Blue * JRSC with lots more to come

* New Zetec crate motor - NFG - thanks Topspeed *
hmmm really? What was that all about? I guess it was good i didn't know lol.
cornflakes,Nov 3 2006, 02:39 AM Wrote:hmmm really?  What was that all about?  I guess it was good i didn't know lol.
[right][snapback]214438[/snapback][/right]

Go here to see what Ford didn't put in your '04 Focus (even though it was standard equipment)

Then go here to see what can result from all that hot air blowing freely under your console and dash
2008 Fusion SEL MTX - DD1 * 2009 Fusion SEL - DD2 * 2007 Focus ZXW - R*I*P * 2004 Focus ZTW CD Silver - sold * 2004 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2003 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2001 Focus ZTW Gold - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Black - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Gold R*I*P

wow interesting. I haven't noticed my cd console or cup holders being too hot, but they probably are. I guess it's good to have 2 cup warmers now lol.

But yeah, isn't there anything we can do about it? Are they difficult things to install? Could I go into ford dearlership and ask them to install the heat ducts since it was supposed to be there but they forgot to install it?

Could I install or make my own heat ducts? I don't know if it is difficult or not.....any diagrams or pictures?
cornflakes,Nov 3 2006, 12:26 PM Wrote:But yeah, isn't there anything we can do about it?
Yes ... I initiated a CAMVAP challenge and Ford caved ... they paid to have new ducts installed - so I've got 'em now.

cornflakes,Nov 3 2006, 12:26 PM Wrote:Are they difficult things to install?
Yes ... 2.5 hours by a Ford trained technician ... involves basically removing the front half of your interior.

cornflakes,Nov 3 2006, 12:26 PM Wrote:Could I go into ford dearlership and ask them to install the heat ducts since it was supposed to be there but they forgot to install it?
My dealer was fully on my side and it didn't help - Ford not only denied the warranty claim, they forbade the dealer to install at his own cost (he was willing to do so) citing a "liability" issue.

cornflakes,Nov 3 2006, 12:26 PM Wrote:Could I install or make my own heat ducts?  I don't know if it is difficult or not.....any diagrams or pictures?
If you've got a plastic injection moulding machine in your basement, then you probably could.

i tried looking for pictures of this "rear seat heat duct" but can't seem to come up with one. What does it look like? It sounds like it has something to do with the rear seats but you mentioned the front console/panels..... i'm confused. How does one know if they have rear seat heat ducts in the first place? (without discovering the cup holders are warm).

Is there some way to verify this? If i don't have them i would be interested in going to my dealership and hassle them about putting them in lol.

here are some pictures i found when i typed in "rear seat heat ducts" ....

[Image: malibu0091.jpg]
[Image: 6244.jpg]
[Image: malibu0131.jpg]

lol....yup they look like rear seat heat ducts to me.
The rear seat heat ducts are #20 and 21 in the pic below -- probably doesn't help you much because these look more like '05+ which is a different design, but it's all I could find.

Heated or cooled air originates from the blower motor under your dash - goes into a plenum chamber (also under your dash) and from there goes through the rear seat ducts and into the space below the two front seats.

If you put your blower on high and set the control to "floor" you should feel a substantial flow of air underneath the seat - it will be exiting an oval plastic duct sticking out from a slit in the carpet. No air flow and no oval piece = no duct.

That oval plastic is connected all the way forward to the plenum under the dash. When they deleted those pieces, they did not block off the openings in the plenum - and instead all the air flow that should be going to the rear seat simply goes under the dash and under the console, when on the floor setting.

[Image: Heatducts.jpg]

interesting. So is there anyway i can allieviate the heat build up by turning on my fan at either the floor setting or other settings? Will that help circulate the heat build up out of the front panel console?
cornflakes,Nov 4 2006, 04:15 PM Wrote:interesting.  So is there anyway i can allieviate the heat build up by turning on my fan at either the floor setting or other settings?  Will that help circulate the heat build up out of the front panel console?
[right][snapback]214589[/snapback][/right]

I take it you checked and found no ducts ... there's really only three things you can do:

1) reduce the heat / temperature setting
2) reduce the air flow to the "floor" setting (send to dash or defrost)
3) reduce the fan speed when on floor setting

i havent checked yet but i will tomorrow.....cool, good to know...i usually dont have my fan on higher than setting 1 anyways.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Where Can I Find A List Of Recalls? Fingers 8 2,084 06-24-2005, 12:33 AM
Last Post: NefCanuck
  List Of Recalls FocusGuy7476 2 1,399 06-17-2004, 03:17 PM
Last Post: Raine