Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Leading In Australia
A Focus is leading the Australian Rally. we should be excited.
Proud member of the CDan nation.
2000 White ZTS: retired
2012 Frosted Glass SEL: active
K&N Filter.....
Yeah I checked the results yesterday and today. Marcus Gronholm (Ford) unfortunately rolled his car on the first stage. He has managed to climb back to 7th place.
Strive for that moment when you're only a slice of pizza and a hooker away from paradise.
dlb,Oct 28 2006, 10:39 AM Wrote:Yeah I checked the results yesterday and today.  Marcus Gronholm (Ford) unfortunately rolled his car on the first stage.  He has managed to climb back to 7th place.
[right][snapback]213679[/snapback][/right]
Personally, I think it's more important to win a Constructor's Championship than a Driver's Championship. Both would be great, but drivers change more than manufacturers. Having a racing champion vehicle should translate to sales.
( Although, it would be REALLY smart of Ford to bring the European Focus over here. )

Some guys are looking at Subaru Impreza Sti's, whatever the cost.
Ford could do the same with the Focus.
K&N Filter.....
I agree with you their - a couple of Group "N" cars are slightly ahead of Marcus so tomorrow he should be able to make it to 5th. He needs some problems, and retirements to make up any additional spots. The chances of Ford bringing a "performance Focus" to NA are probably slim at best ? Why ?
Strive for that moment when you're only a slice of pizza and a hooker away from paradise.
dlb,Oct 28 2006, 11:27 AM Wrote:I agree with you their - a couple of Group "N" cars are slightly ahead of Marcus so tomorrow he should be able to make it to 5th.  He needs some problems, and retirements to make up any additional spots.  The chances of Ford bringing a "performance Focus" to NA are probably slim at best ?  Why ?
[right][snapback]213688[/snapback][/right]
We'll pay $30,000, or so, for a Mustang, because of the past history. I don't know how much a Shelby Mustang is going for though.

I was discussing with my son today, who wouldn't mind a Subaru Sti, that how many of us would pay $35,000 for a Focus. If you go out and buy an Impreza TS, it's in around the 25,000, I think. The only option I know of is an Automatic Transmission. Ford should do the same with the Focus, start low, for the economy crowd and work up to the all wheel drive turbo WRC champion. From what I have read on this site, everyone is spending a lot of money to modify their cars to get all these go fast items. Why not get it from the beginning.

Ford should be doing what it is successful at, racing, and market it. The Focus, in Rally, the Fusion in NASCAR, the Ford engines in Champ Car.

I think Ford thinks that the average Canadian and American are too dumb to want GOOD cars, that have some excitement.
K&N Filter.....
oldeguy,Oct 29 2006, 12:35 AM Wrote:Ford should be doing what it is successful at, racing, and market it. The Focus, in Rally, the Fusion in NASCAR, the Ford engines in Champ Car.

I think Ford thinks that the average Canadian and American are too dumb to want GOOD cars, that have some excitement.
[right][snapback]213728[/snapback][/right]

have a really good point there, but none of those racing teams have the shareholders best interest in mind. it may be good advertising for the ford name when they win.

'03 Focus SVT
FocusGuy7476,Oct 28 2006, 08:53 PM Wrote:
oldeguy,Oct 29 2006, 12:35 AM Wrote:Ford should be doing what it is successful at, racing, and market it. The Focus, in Rally, the Fusion in NASCAR, the Ford engines in Champ Car.

have a really good point there, but none of those racing teams have the shareholders best interest in mind. it may be good advertising for the ford name when they win.
[right][snapback]213729[/snapback][/right]
If I'm a shareholder, I would like a profit made on my shares, so, wouldn't it be a good idea to larket what the company is good at? besides losing billions of dollars?

It used to be that racing cars and winning on Sunday, brought them in to the showroom on Monday. It worked once, it can work again. Yes, have a safe, family car, a safe, economy car, a safe luxury car, but, being safe and exciting......... it's kinda like sex
K&N Filter.....
oldeguy,Oct 29 2006, 01:18 AM Wrote:
FocusGuy7476,Oct 28 2006, 08:53 PM Wrote:

[right][snapback]213729[/snapback][/right]
If I'm a shareholder, I would like a profit made on my shares, so, wouldn't it be a good idea to larket what the company is good at? besides losing billions of dollars?

It used to be that racing cars and winning on Sunday, brought them in to the showroom on Monday. It worked once, it can work again. Yes, have a safe, family car, a safe, economy car, a safe luxury car, but, being safe and exciting......... it's kinda like sex
[right][snapback]213733[/snapback][/right]

no such thing in the world of marketing as safe and exciting, the entire win on sunday sell on monday only works if you can watch the race.
'03 Focus SVT