Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'm Just Proud
Fader,

the ride is lookin' good. May I suggest, when (if) you decide to do a tint make the tint even all the way around as opposed to black on the rears and back and light or no tint on the front..
This is my reasoning... Take a look at a car tinted like that, it looks a little awkward.
IMO, if you want to keep a clean appearance do a light tint (make it even) all the way around. Not only does it look clean, it looks classy as well.
My car is blacked out all the way around. Yes, it's illegal but it looks even and flows nicely.

Keep up the good work! Thanks for sharing.

A-T.
I had an SHM shorty antenna...reception was non-exsistant with stations that were on lower frequencies (they require longer antennas both to transmit, and for you to receive).

I have the ST170's, and the upper and lower RS grilles too, but now europeanparts is offering the same headlights in straight black now, instead of smoked/charcoal...if that interests you. They have a lot of little accent bits that might interest you. The pricing there was fair, Sascha answered all my questions promptly, and I hardly paid anything for shipping (choose Deutschland post...NOT express or air freight, as you'll get all the broker fees and taxes slapped on with them, whereas the snail mail won't).

I think you've done the right stuff so far, only other thing I would change is to colourmatch the rear hatch trim to the car...the chrome peice looks out of place, and will even moreso if you add dark aftermarket stuff to the car...

L8tr
Bleeding Ford Blue again...
Fader,Oct 28 2006, 12:48 PM Wrote:
Chromey,Oct 28 2006, 11:48 AM Wrote:Looks very clean, Dont screw that up, Please remember, NO RICE.

The MBRP Is the Best bang for your buck, I paired it up with a OBX Shorty and Downpipe... Great gains... VERY VERY loud.
[right][snapback]213689[/snapback][/right]
These days I'm more show than go and I like a nice mellow sound that hints at a little extra power. I don't think I'll be going for the header etc.

And forgive a dumb question. I understand that Rice refers to Asian imports, but how would you Rice a Focus?
[right][snapback]213697[/snapback][/right]

One thing you may also want to consider is an interior dash kit, but if you do, please buy a good kit, because you're stuck looking at a bad kit for a long time...

Here's mine (The centre console anyways, it is an 05 but there are earlier kits available where I got mine)

[Image: NewCentreConsole.jpg]

NefCanuck
NIce, how doe it sound???
kc focus,Oct 28 2006, 11:53 PM Wrote:NIce, how doe it sound???
[right][snapback]213746[/snapback][/right]

Well, the radio is the 6CD MP3 unit, a decent enough unit but bass output is weak. That speaker you see is for my GPS... which has saved me more times than I care to admit as I really am directionally challenged :blink: :ph34r:

NefCanuck
Alien-Tek,Oct 28 2006, 08: Wrote:Fader,

the ride is lookin' good. May I suggest, when (if) you decide to do a tint make the tint even all the way around as opposed to black on the rears and back and light or no tint on the front..
This is my reasoning... Take a look at  a car tinted like that,  it looks a little awkward.
IMO, if you want to keep a clean appearance do a light tint (make it even) all the way around. Not only does it look clean, it looks classy as well.
My car is blacked out all the way around. Yes, it's illegal but it looks even and flows nicely.

Keep up the good work! Thanks for sharing.

A-T.
[right][snapback]213731[/snapback][/right]
Thanks for the input, you make a good point and I'll have to rethink it.
Fader
2002 ZX5
MBRP Cat Back - K&N Typhon - KYB/AGX Shocks and Struts -Vogtland Springs, 1.5 inch drop - Primax 772's - Toyo TPT 205/50R16's - Nextar Navigation
Friends call me Fader.
G.F.T.L.S.T.R.
Drivesthebeast,Oct 28 2006, 10:16 PM Wrote:I had an SHM shorty antenna...reception was non-exsistant with stations that were on lower frequencies (they require longer antennas both to transmit, and for you to receive).

I have the ST170's, and the upper and lower RS grilles too, but now europeanparts is offering the same headlights in straight black now, instead of smoked/charcoal...if that interests you.  They have a lot of little accent bits that might interest you.  The pricing there was fair, Sascha answered all my questions promptly, and I hardly paid anything for shipping (choose Deutschland post...NOT express or air freight, as you'll get all the broker fees and taxes slapped on with them, whereas the snail mail won't).

I think you've done the right stuff so far, only other thing I would change is to colourmatch the rear hatch trim to the car...the chrome peice looks out of place, and will even moreso if you add dark aftermarket stuff to the car...

L8tr
[right][snapback]213735[/snapback][/right]

You're right about the chrome trim on the rear....that will get changed when I paint the car next spring.
Can you give me the url for "europeanparts", Google can't seem to find it.
Thanks,
Fader
2002 ZX5
MBRP Cat Back - K&N Typhon - KYB/AGX Shocks and Struts -Vogtland Springs, 1.5 inch drop - Primax 772's - Toyo TPT 205/50R16's - Nextar Navigation
Friends call me Fader.
G.F.T.L.S.T.R.
Try these:

http://www.zx3tuning.com/

http://www.european-parts.net/

http://www.batinc.net/focus.htm
vintage 2000 malibu blue ZX3 ***SOLD***
2013 performance blue ST

TEAM P.I.T.A.
Fader,Oct 28 2006, 12:08 PM Wrote:
NikiterZTS,Oct 28 2006, 01:04 PM Wrote:just wanna add something...if you want a "lil" touch to your focus, things like shorty untenna and Mazda3 rear wiper would look nice
cheers
[right][snapback]213701[/snapback][/right]
I guess I'll have to check out a Mazda 3.....what is special about the wiper?
And how much reception do you sacrifice with a shorter, and I admit better looking, antenna.
Thanks,
Fader
[right][snapback]213703[/snapback][/right]

I live in your area, and I picked up a shorty antenna for 10 bucks off ebay a few months ago from a retailer named Jhongs. So far, I haven't sacrificed any reception (I'm out near Kars area), and in fact, I seem to get some stations better (don't ask why, cause I don't know).

And I must say, like what you've done with the focus :)
Does a shorty anntena count as a mod?? Wink
2006 ZX5 UV red with SAP package

"Two things in life are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not so sure about the universe"
Looking good! Nice to see a sweet Focus representing Grenville County! :D

Ryan
Ryan and the Silver Sedan
++++++++++++++++++++++++
2008 Mazda5 GS/Copper Red Mica/2.3 MZR 5AT/22% Tint
[Image: 49951.png]
2011 Ford F150 FX4 Supercrew/Race Red/3.5 TT EcoBoost
Keep in mind with the Euro Stuff you can go further with it like I did if your wanting something different. I can say that the European Foglights from the 2002+ are far better then the american ones by a long shot as they light up the roads, and lines on the roads perfectly in most bad weather conditions, and in dry conditions, plus they are made of glass not plastic. But if you go the route I did with the 2002+ look you have to change the front bumper completely.

[Image: 000_0252.jpg]
[Image: 000_0256.jpg]

Keep in mind if you get the European healight switch you can have fun with it like I did, as I have rear working fogs, and the city light is fun to use when in traffic.

[Image: 000_0251.jpg]
I was the only member on this board with a Yellow Focus Sedan, and a 2002+ Euro Facelift on a sedan.
habmann,Oct 27 2006, 03:36 PM Wrote:Nice looking car. Needs tint.............and a drop.
[right][snapback]213623[/snapback][/right]

I second that motion
"The weak shall inherit...........NOTHING"
Mods so far:
- 2 Inch Drop, Focus Sport Cold Air Intake, Street Glow 4 light strobe system,MBRP Cat back exhaust, 35% tint on front windows, 5% all around the rear. 1 Million Color Flowlighting Underglow kit, Inside and out. SPEEDHUT custom indiglo Guages, Sirius Satellite Radio, Pioneer DH6800 Deck, 15" Solo-Baric L7 Sub,Enkei 17 inch rims, Belltronic Radar Detector