Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 4.43 Average
FINISHED!!>>>my OFFICIAL build thread
drunkinmonkey,Oct 14 2009, 07:02 PM Wrote:this build be going on till im happy with it weathe rit be april (when i bring it out usually ) or  october of next year  who knows im in no rush to get it done... a list of parts and has already been made...and i hope you guys can give me positive and helpful feed back when i need it

after rods and pistons
the injectors
BOV
wastegate
fuel pump
MAF tube and other such things will be ordered...not high priority right now tho
keep checking back
[right][snapback]296043[/snapback][/right]

What brand names are you looking for? and don't forget the cooler and turbo. If your going with custom tubing and manifold, Check vibrant there local and have great products and prices your shop might even be a dealer for them. If not call them direct or check out garage16.ca
DruZX3 You Tube Page
My Rides on Car Domain

2001 Ford Focus ZX3 - Daily Driver
2008 Lincoln MKX Limited Edition - Grocery Getter
2007 Suzuki GSXR 600 - Rode and Sold
2004 Jeep Liberty Renegade - Offroaded and Sold
2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited X - R.I.P. Electrical Fire
2000 Ford Focus ZX3 - Traded in Now DrunkinMonkeys Car
2003 Ford Taurus Wagon - Inherited Drove and Sold
2000 Ford Focus ZX3 Turbo - Award Winning 336 WHP - Parted and Scraped
1990 Ford Festiva - My 1st Car

[Image: ZX3PixelCarEngineVIEW.png]
eagle rods
probe pistons
turbonetics or tial wastegate
greddy bov
comp or garrett turbo
toms kit
2000 dark violet pearl zx3: eagle rods, je pistons, fidanza cam gears, arp studs, ford racing highlift valve springs, svt front/rear disc conversion, prothane total kit, fc 65mm throttle body Tial gt3071r, tial mvs wastegate, tial Q bov, top speed "street" manifold,down pipe and dump tube, greddy boost controller, siemens deka #61 injectorz, stage 4 bully clutch way to much more to list
Instagram @o_so_slo
drunkinmonkey,Oct 15 2009, 08:09 PM Wrote:eagle rods
probe pistons
turbonetics or tial wastegate
greddy bov
comp or garrett turbo
toms kit
[right][snapback]296126[/snapback][/right]

Garrett Turbo FTW! *thumbsup*
Sold:2001 SE 2.0L SPI w/60mm TB, Steeda Shorty Intake.

Active: 2007 SES Hatch, Motegi MR7 Rims with 215/45ZR17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport Tires, debadged, black painted calipers and drums, RS Knob, CFM Short Throw, Billet E-Brake, CFM Focus pedals, MBRP Exhaust, XCal2, FS Front and Rear Strut Tower Bars, Diamond Plate Floor Mats and Sills, Alpine MP3 Deck, Alpine V-Power 300w Amp, Pioneer IMPP Sub, AlpineType-S door speakers, VF Engineering Rear Motor Mount, F2 RS Spoiler, Tokico D-spec shocks, HTP Cross Brace, EBC Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads, Russell SS Brake Lines, RS Wheel, SVT Blue Seats, Vibrant 2.5" Race Highflow Cat, CFM UDP. Rear SVT bumper to come.

Active: 2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited TJ [LJ], Volant CAI, 32" BFG Mud Terrains, and a whole bunch of goodies. Big Grin
haha it'll be one of them..know i can garrett for cheaper ...so i'll prolly go with them
2000 dark violet pearl zx3: eagle rods, je pistons, fidanza cam gears, arp studs, ford racing highlift valve springs, svt front/rear disc conversion, prothane total kit, fc 65mm throttle body Tial gt3071r, tial mvs wastegate, tial Q bov, top speed "street" manifold,down pipe and dump tube, greddy boost controller, siemens deka #61 injectorz, stage 4 bully clutch way to much more to list
Instagram @o_so_slo
eagle rods - :banger: Great pick
probe pistons - No comment Ive heard good and bad so kinda evens itself out. Im running JE, But they were pretty hard to find.
turbonetics or tial wastegate - Go with tial
greddy bov - :thumbsdownsmileyanim: I would suggest Turbosmart
comp or garrett turbo - Garrett or Turbonetics ftw
toms kit - what do you mean Toms kit like manifold and intercooler piping?
DruZX3 You Tube Page
My Rides on Car Domain

ZX3_2NV,Oct 16 2009, 08:29 AM Wrote:eagle rods - :banger: Great pick
probe pistons - No comment Ive heard good and bad so kinda evens itself out. Im running  JE, But they were pretty hard to find.
turbonetics or tial wastegate - Go with tial
greddy bov - :thumbsdownsmileyanim: I would suggest Turbosmart
comp or garrett turbo - Garrett or Turbonetics ftw
toms kit - what do you mean Toms kit like manifold and intercooler piping?
[right][snapback]296141[/snapback][/right]

HKS SSBOV is good too.

Active: 2007 SES Hatch, Motegi MR7 Rims with 215/45ZR17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport Tires, debadged, black painted calipers and drums, RS Knob, CFM Short Throw, Billet E-Brake, CFM Focus pedals, MBRP Exhaust, XCal2, FS Front and Rear Strut Tower Bars, Diamond Plate Floor Mats and Sills, Alpine MP3 Deck, Alpine V-Power 300w Amp, Pioneer IMPP Sub, AlpineType-S door speakers, VF Engineering Rear Motor Mount, F2 RS Spoiler, Tokico D-spec shocks, HTP Cross Brace, EBC Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads, Russell SS Brake Lines, RS Wheel, SVT Blue Seats, Vibrant 2.5" Race Highflow Cat, CFM UDP. Rear SVT bumper to come.

Active: 2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited TJ [LJ], Volant CAI, 32" BFG Mud Terrains, and a whole bunch of goodies. Big Grin
toms kit.. manifold all the pipping and intercooler
Instagram @o_so_slo
got the motor today courtesy of zed not zee
will get that cleaned up and post some pics later on
Instagram @o_so_slo
^^im glad that this build is actually moving somewhere
2002 Ford Focus ZTS (Gave it away)
125whp/129wtq
2006 Subaru Impreza WRX with JDM 6 speed
207whp/273wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 2)13.9@99mph
320whp/330wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 3)
352whp/360wtq Dynojet
13.3@106mph
2004 Ford F-150 Lariat
2008 Honda CBR600RR "Silver Bullet" R.I.P.
2009 Honda CBR600RR "To Punish & Enslave"
2001 Honda CBR F4i Stunt bike "Burn the Rubber, not your soul"
2013 China 90cc dirt bike
haha me too...it will be a slow build but will be updated frequently, so keep checking back
Instagram @o_so_slo
thinking about it i might buy all the turbo stuff first and get that all out of the way then that can help with what i put in the engine..........i can get that money pretty quick for that i should have it in about a month timeor so
Instagram @o_so_slo
drunkinmonkey,Oct 17 2009, 06:39 PM Wrote:thinking about it i might buy all the turbo stuff first and get that all out of the way then that can help with what i put in the engine..........i can  get that money pretty quick for that  i should have it in about a month timeor so
[right][snapback]296209[/snapback][/right]

so my dad just volunterred to help with the engine build haha.... not much will happen for about 2 months as our garage also serves as a wood shop...so when my dad finishes his orders i get to play in the garage:D...so i'll take this time to get the block and head all ported and bored out and such, as well as ordering the parts.....will be a little slow at the beggining...stay tuned for parts updates

anyone who wants to help volunteer aswell is more then welcome when the build is underway
Instagram @o_so_slo
ordered taylor 8.2 thunder volts today and booked my port and polish...port and polish is next month
Instagram @o_so_slo
took some quick pics of everything i got from zed not zee
nothings been cleaned yet havent had time to cleananything or take the block apart yet...

[Image: IMAGE_023.jpg]
[Image: IMAGE_037.jpg]
[Image: IMAGE_024.jpg]
[Image: IMAGE_025.jpg]
[Image: IMAGE_026.jpg]
[Image: IMAGE_027.jpg]
[Image: IMAGE_028.jpg]
[Image: IMAGE_029.jpg]
[Image: IMAGE_030.jpg]
[Image: IMAGE_031.jpg]
[Image: IMAGE_032.jpg]
[Image: IMAGE_033.jpg]
[Image: IMAGE_034.jpg]
[Image: IMAGE_035.jpg]
[Image: IMAGE_036.jpg]

well there you go thats what ill be working with
Instagram @o_so_slo
hey guys besides boost/vac and air/fuel what are the other most important gauges for turbo....i got the autometer catolog fromwork today and was looking at a bunch of the gauges...they got gauges iv never even heard of before lol

im also thinking of getting oil pressure water temp pyrometer

what do you guys run? whats nessecary and what isnt
Instagram @o_so_slo
drunkinmonkey,Oct 23 2009, 12:11 AM Wrote:hey guys besides boost/vac and air/fuel what are the other most important gauges for turbo....i got the autometer catolog fromwork today  and was looking at a bunch of the gauges...they got gauges iv never even heard of before lol

im also thinking of getting oil pressure water temp pyrometer

what do you guys run? whats nessecary and what isnt
[right][snapback]296333[/snapback][/right]

I have an oil temp, but will be adding on a Oil Pressure, Fuel Pressure and Pyro when I get my center pod made.

I was running Boost/Vac, Oil pressure, Exhaust Pyrometer and air/fuel but since ur going for around 300 I would suggest a wideband instead of air fuel.
DruZX3 You Tube Page
My Rides on Car Domain

The yogurt tub full of nuts and bolts freaks me out.
Kudos to you guys who take these jobs on.

I wouldn't have the stomach.

If you are going for an Wideband, the AEM UEGO is pretty easy to install and hook up to an SCT. If you need help on the wiring, let me know.

Also remember that the head bolt that you have removed from the engine should not be re-used. Most all of todays engines use a torque to yield head bolt that streches slightly when initally installed. Get a new set of bolts.

Quote:Torque-to-yield bolts are exactly what they sound like. They stretch to the yield point as they are tightened. These bolts are commonly used where exact clamping loads are required on parts. You may find them used to hold cylinder heads, connecting rods, crankshaft main bearing caps, flywheels and front engine dampers. When a shop manual indicates that a bolt is to be discarded and new ones used, they are almost always torque-to yield bolts.

Buying new bolts every time one is removed seems expensive and a waste of time. After all, the old bolts still look good, but looks can be deceiving. Reusing the old bolts can cause expensive engine failure. During the tightening process, the bolts have been pulled to their elastic limit. The bolts actually stretch. Only new bolts can provide the even clamping force needed on today’s engines.
Focus man, Focus........ Team Psychological Disaster
2008 Taurus X to be modded.
2002 ZX5 parted out. Forever known as the "SLOCUS".

2010 Dyno #'s 102.96HP/105.84TQ
2011 Dyno #'s 111.44HP/115.17TQ
Still The Weakest LinkBlush

Dial 1-800-AUTO-PARTS for your local speed shop.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Winter build thread: GFXjamie GFXjamie 131 79,896 06-20-2014, 10:42 PM
Last Post: GFXjamie