Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 4.43 Average
FINISHED!!>>>my OFFICIAL build thread
Tongue 
ok first of all I AM NOT BUYING ANYWAYS TURBOD ENGINE so dont even ask or offer i am building this on my own to gain my own knowledge. now that that is said..

the focus took a dive, with in 4 days last week it was hell. got a ticket for failure to display 2 plates when both were CLEARLY displayed
day later i stripped my timming belt and broke my tensioner , pully, and replaced the serpentine belt, repaired that and a day later my battery took a dive and my valve cover gasket blew and she started spewing oil... was a rough few days so i got fed up with it and parked her for the winter and got the other car out.. end of rant.

my questions are

im shooting for 240-300hp
iv got a nother motor already waiting for me to go pick it up just havent had time
so my question is what can i do to achieve this power and still be safe and not have to worry abotu stuff breaking

so far i have a new valve cover coming and fidanza cam gears on the way
also got gates racing blue timming belt and serpentine belt coming as well

should i wory about upgrading the pistons and valves???
turbo cams??

im also rebuilding the tranny with LSD fidanza flywheel and not to sure what cluth to go with yet i want a clutch that will be nice enough to DD but can still hadle that type of power..perhaps centerforce??

any positive feedback is welcome thanks so much
2000 dark violet pearl zx3: eagle rods, je pistons, fidanza cam gears, arp studs, ford racing highlift valve springs, svt front/rear disc conversion, prothane total kit, fc 65mm throttle body Tial gt3071r, tial mvs wastegate, tial Q bov, top speed "street" manifold,down pipe and dump tube, greddy boost controller, siemens deka #61 injectorz, stage 4 bully clutch way to much more to list
Instagram @o_so_slo
240-300hp is quite a jump from one to the other....

are you planning ong going Turbo? S/C? or All motor?

I did run across a guy lately who told me he knows where to get PWSC still if you plan on going that route

I am sitting at 220hp w/ PWSC on a stock motor. So a motor build is in my future as well
2002 pitch black ZX3
Mach HIDs, 02 RS upper grille, Cervini's body kit, DTM drop mirrors, D2 coilovers, purple focussport strut tower bar and chrome rear bar, purple FC tb, Powerworks supercharger, optima yellow top, SVT ceramic coated header,Random Tech SVT/Zetec hi-flow cat , bosal flex, vibrant cat back with custom dual tips, b&m short throw shifter, pro-fit fuel door, shorty antenna, race-pedals.com "focus" pedals, clear 3rd brake light, SVT hvac controls, Transfer Racing billet hvac knobs, RS shift knob, RS Sparco E-brake handle, Mazda3 rear wiper, CarZone 3 piece roof wing, 17" Keskin KT4 wheels

Classic Painting
SL8RZZX3,Oct 12 2009, 11:35 AM Wrote:240-300hp is quite a jump from one to the other....

are you planning ong going Turbo? S/C? or All motor?

I did run across a guy lately who told me he knows where to get PWSC still if you plan on going that route

I am sitting at 220hp w/ PWSC on a stock motor. So a motor build is in my future as well
[right][snapback]295869[/snapback][/right]

im going turbo

the 240-300 is just a gerneral range ill be happy sumwhere in that area i dont wanna be under 240hp tho
2000 dark violet pearl zx3: eagle rods, je pistons, fidanza cam gears, arp studs, ford racing highlift valve springs, svt front/rear disc conversion, prothane total kit, fc 65mm throttle body Tial gt3071r, tial mvs wastegate, tial Q bov, top speed "street" manifold,down pipe and dump tube, greddy boost controller, siemens deka #61 injectorz, stage 4 bully clutch way to much more to list
Instagram @o_so_slo
if your going to do a rebuild I would suggest getting rod, pistons, bearings, so that you can handle the power level that you want. clutch, I'm not too sure what to suggest, either Spec Stage 2+ or Clutchmaster FX300. Those clutches should be good for a DD, and be able to handle to power you want.
'03 Focus SVT
FocusGuy7476,Oct 12 2009, 12:20 PM Wrote:if your going to do a rebuild I would suggest getting rod, pistons, bearings, so that you can handle the power level that you want. clutch, I'm not too sure what to suggest, either Spec Stage 2+ or Clutchmaster FX300. Those clutches should be good for a DD, and be able to handle to power you want.
[right][snapback]295873[/snapback][/right]

sounds good ill look into some at work tomorrow

also has anyone heard of crane cams??? were a supplier of crane cams or should i just buy crower or comp
Instagram @o_so_slo
good person to ask would be ZX3 2NV.
Your trans will need to be tough too, inorder to handle all of that power plus a diff wont hurt either. Good rubber and brakes to stop the breat too.
But if you want that power build it from the crank up. don't go cheap or you'll pay heavy on repairs and further upgrading.
Currently - 2014 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE 4X4 Work Truck. Needs a Super Charger
2012 F150 Eco Boost Work Truck < Died several times and now it's some farmer problem.
No Longer Sleeping/In Surgery Having A Heart Transplant - 2005 Focus ZX5 Sonic Blue Modified
Sold - 1992 Astro Van CS Sky Blue Stock
Sold - 1994 Excel 2DR HB Teal First Car

Scorcher000,Oct 12 2009, 01:30 PM Wrote:good person to ask would be ZX3 2NV.
Your trans will need to be tough too, inorder to handle all of that power plus a diff wont hurt either. Good rubber and brakes to stop the breat too.
But if you want that power build it from the crank up. don't go cheap or you'll pay heavy on repairs and further upgrading.
[right][snapback]295879[/snapback][/right]

yea im not building cheap
already got plans for a trans rebuild already been thought of

and the engine im gonna be pricing our pistons and rods tomorrow and go from there

thanks for all the help so far guys
Instagram @o_so_slo
so im going built block and pretty well stock head.....as for the tranny im getting torsen LSD clutchmasters fx300 and fidanza flywheel

for boost so far im thinking 60lb injectors
if you guys think i can go to a smaller ijector let me know....im not going for more then 300hp here
Instagram @o_so_slo
does anyone here no where to get motocraft spark plugs in canada???
im not paying under $12 for the plugs and $35 shipping to get over to canada from CFM its quite the rip off
Instagram @o_so_slo
I believe LENTECH out of the Ottawa area has a killer auto tranny for you
[center]TEAM PITA™ Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.[/center]
drunkinmonkey,Oct 13 2009, 06:50 PM Wrote:does anyone here no where to get motocraft spark plugs in canada???
im not paying under $12 for the plugs and $35 shipping to get over to canada from CFM&nbsp; its quite the rip off
[right][snapback]295931[/snapback][/right]

Carquest - Autolite 103's. Cost is under 15 bucks.
Sold:2001 SE 2.0L SPI w/60mm TB, Steeda Shorty Intake.

Active: 2007 SES Hatch, Motegi MR7 Rims with 215/45ZR17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport Tires, debadged, black painted calipers and drums, RS Knob, CFM Short Throw, Billet E-Brake, CFM Focus pedals, MBRP Exhaust, XCal2, FS Front and Rear Strut Tower Bars, Diamond Plate Floor Mats and Sills, Alpine MP3 Deck, Alpine V-Power 300w Amp, Pioneer IMPP Sub, AlpineType-S door speakers, VF Engineering Rear Motor Mount, F2 RS Spoiler, Tokico D-spec shocks, HTP Cross Brace, EBC Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads, Russell SS Brake Lines, RS Wheel, SVT Blue Seats, Vibrant 2.5" Race Highflow Cat, CFM UDP. Rear SVT bumper to come.

Active: 2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited TJ [LJ], Volant CAI, 32" BFG Mud Terrains, and a whole bunch of goodies. Big Grin
drunkinmonkey,Oct 13 2009, 06:50 PM Wrote:does anyone here no where to get motocraft spark plugs in canada???
im not paying under $12 for the plugs and $35 shipping to get over to canada from CFM&nbsp; its quite the rip off

I picked up my 1 step colder motorcraft plugs for $12 from canadian tire. They should be able to source them for ya.
Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

I just picked up Copper tipped Motorcrafts from my dealer today for $11. Those are the ones you want for boost/nitrous. So you say you're doing a fully built block? Im assuming you are getting everything balanced since you're changing the pistons and rods. What about bearings?

Also for turbocharged cars the stock cams seem to work best unless you go with a custom grind. Don't forget to replace the oil and water pump when you're getting towards the end of your build. This is cheap insurance for what could happen to you're new motor if one or both happens to fail.
2004 Ford Focus ZX5 MTX75 - Liquid Grey -

15.7 @ 86mph

1994 Pontiac Trans AM 25th Anniversary 6 spd -

12.3 @ 110mph

2013 Ford Focus ST - Oxford White

1/4 TBD
[Image: image,Burnin1,black,blue.png]
darkpuppet,Oct 13 2009, 08:27 PM Wrote:
im not paying under $12 for the plugs and $35 shipping to get over to canada from CFM  its quite the rip off

I picked up my 1 step colder motorcraft plugs for $12 from canadian tire. They should be able to source them for ya.
[right][snapback]295945[/snapback][/right]

awesome thanks so much
i shall go tomorrow and purchase said plugs
Instagram @o_so_slo
Just get the ones from the dealer they ware what most ppl use.

Part # AZFS-22-FE

I guess if you do get em from canadiantire, just try to get the plug compatible with the above part.
im not paying under $12 for the plugs and $35 shipping to get over to canada from CFM  its quite the rip off

I have a few sets 4 or 5 I think that I've never used I'll let them go for $15 a set. The CFM ones are the best for boost I never used anything else.

As for building a motor

drunkinmonkey, Wrote:so far i have a new valve cover coming and fidanza cam gears on the way

turbo cams??[right][snapback]295931[/snapback][/right]

That shows that you have not done your research But I will keep my comments positive. Cam gears and a Blue Timming belt are not going to add horsepower to your build. Are you asking if you should upgrade the pistons :unsure: because that should be at the top of your list aswell as rods. As for the head just get the stock one ported. Something that you should conisder is a aftermarket Crank to go with the pistons and rods. I went with the Ford Racing One and it wasn't cheap.

Something thats are usally forgotten that I would 100% suggest Are Upgrading the coils and wires, Proper Piston rings, ARP stud kit, SVT fuel Pump and a throttle body. As for the turbo kit go with a bar and plate intercooler not a tube and fin!!!

One thing no one has mentioned as of yet is tunning which way do you want to go with tuning software. I went with SCT which was great but for around 300 whp It needs a full stand alone. So good luck with your build if you need suggestions im more than willing to help since Ive been threw all of this before.
DruZX3 You Tube Page
My Rides on Car Domain

2001 Ford Focus ZX3 - Daily Driver
2008 Lincoln MKX Limited Edition - Grocery Getter
2007 Suzuki GSXR 600 - Rode and Sold
2004 Jeep Liberty Renegade - Offroaded and Sold
2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited X - R.I.P. Electrical Fire
2000 Ford Focus ZX3 - Traded in Now DrunkinMonkeys Car
2003 Ford Taurus Wagon - Inherited Drove and Sold
2000 Ford Focus ZX3 Turbo - Award Winning 336 WHP - Parted and Scraped
1990 Ford Festiva - My 1st Car

[Image: ZX3PixelCarEngineVIEW.png]
ZX3_2NV,Oct 14 2009, 12:16 PM Wrote:

I have a few sets 4 or 5 I think that I've never used I'll let them go for $15 a set. The CFM ones are the best for boost I never used anything else.

As for building a motor

drunkinmonkey, Wrote:so far i have a new valve cover coming and fidanza cam gears on the way

turbo cams??[right][snapback]295931[/snapback][/right]

That shows that you have not done your research But I will keep my comments positive. Cam gears and a Blue Timming belt are not going to add horsepower to your build. Are you asking if you should upgrade the pistons :unsure: because that should be at the top of your list aswell as rods. As for the head just get the stock one ported. Something that you should conisder is a aftermarket Crank to go with the pistons and rods. I went with the Ford Racing One and it wasn't cheap.

Something thats are usally forgotten that I would 100% suggest Are Upgrading the coils and wires, Proper Piston rings, ARP stud kit, SVT fuel Pump and a throttle body. As for the turbo kit go with a bar and plate intercooler not a tube and fin!!!

One thing no one has mentioned as of yet is tunning which way do you want to go with tuning software. I went with SCT which was great but for around 300 whp It needs a full stand alone. So good luck with your build if you need suggestions im more than willing to help since Ive been threw all of this before.
[right][snapback]295992[/snapback][/right]

pistons and rods are top priority on my list acually i have already priced rods out at my work and will be ordering soon...spark plugs i got today the exact ones your sellin gand got 8 plugs for $20 from ford (thats 2 sets)...pistons i already have looked as well ported has also already been taken care of... as for wires i already got taylor thundervolts and as for ARP hardware i got that aswell
Instagram @o_so_slo
this build be going on till im happy with it weathe rit be april (when i bring it out usually ) or october of next year who knows im in no rush to get it done... a list of parts and has already been made...and i hope you guys can give me positive and helpful feed back when i need it

after rods and pistons
the injectors
BOV
wastegate
fuel pump
MAF tube and other such things will be ordered...not high priority right now tho
keep checking back
Instagram @o_so_slo
It's been proven that aftermarket coil+wires don't do anything.
2002 Ford Focus ZTS (Gave it away)
125whp/129wtq
2006 Subaru Impreza WRX with JDM 6 speed
207whp/273wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 2)13.9@99mph
320whp/330wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 3)
352whp/360wtq Dynojet
13.3@106mph
2004 Ford F-150 Lariat
2008 Honda CBR600RR "Silver Bullet" R.I.P.
2009 Honda CBR600RR "To Punish & Enslave"
2001 Honda CBR F4i Stunt bike "Burn the Rubber, not your soul"
2013 China 90cc dirt bike
I removed my livewire coil + wires and opted for stock coil + good wires, my car ran the same and I had an extra $150 in my pocket.

I'd say save your money, but if you've already bought em, its not going to hurt anything.

For injectors I found that 60# siemens injectors worked out good for me, and TONS of room to move and I was ~250crank. I would recommend a boost a pump allong with upgrading the fuel pump if you plan on using the same fuel setup your car is running now. It is the easiest and cheapest way.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Winter build thread: GFXjamie GFXjamie 131 79,058 06-20-2014, 10:42 PM
Last Post: GFXjamie