Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Performance Shops
Could anybody recommend any good tuning shops in Barrie or Toronto that do work on Focus SVT?
Are you looking for a shop to get parts, or a shop to install parts and do the tuning?
Current
09 F150 SCREW 4X4 XTR

Former
Show
Hella Magic Module Tail Lights, 17" Ford Racing EAP rims, 5% Rear, 20% Front Tint, Panasonic CQ7401 Deck, 2 MB Quart 10's, Alpine Components, Phoenix Gold 500.1 Amp
Go
Steeda Cold Ram Air Intake MBRP Exhaust (Gen 2), FK Coilovers, Hedman Header (Install Pending),FC Hi-Flo Cat (Install Pending),EBC Greenstuff Pads

there is a steeda dealer in milton, i got my xcal2 programmed there.
Ya steeda is an option. They've got a pretty good selection of parts, not all of them are in stock tho. As far as tuning and installs, i haven't heard anything about installs, but i have heard they're not the most experienced focus tuners. Not much choice tho in the toronto area.
Current
09 F150 SCREW 4X4 XTR

Former
Show
Hella Magic Module Tail Lights, 17" Ford Racing EAP rims, 5% Rear, 20% Front Tint, Panasonic CQ7401 Deck, 2 MB Quart 10's, Alpine Components, Phoenix Gold 500.1 Amp
Go
Steeda Cold Ram Air Intake MBRP Exhaust (Gen 2), FK Coilovers, Hedman Header (Install Pending),FC Hi-Flo Cat (Install Pending),EBC Greenstuff Pads

actually I am looking to supercharge or turbocharge (not sure yet which way is best) my Focus and I need someone to do it right
Got a mechanic you trust?

If so I'd prolly take the car there, won't cost you as much as the tuning shops would cost to install it. You can call steeda, i'm not sure what they'd charge you for install and tuning on a kit. I know they do sell a turbo kit for the focus.
Current
09 F150 SCREW 4X4 XTR

Former
Show
Go

yes, I have a mechanic, but he won't get into this type of stuff
We have Boost Motorsports here in Hamilton, if that's not too far out of your way.
'14 Escape 2.0t
2012 5dr Ti : Traded
are they good focus tuners?
Gabriel,Oct 4 2006, 06:42 PM Wrote:are they good focus tuners?
[right][snapback]210140[/snapback][/right]
no such thing in this area
TEAM PITA Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.

One day I will rule the world. For now, I have to settle for this place.
thing is, my car is still under warranty and I don't want to do anything that would make me regret
Gabriel,Oct 4 2006, 06:44 PM Wrote:thing is, my car is still under warranty and I don't want to do anything that would make me regret
[right][snapback]210142[/snapback][/right]
well that is a chance you have to take. Good luck with a warranty claim on a blown engine with SC. I doubt that will fly.
Leave it stock until your warranty is up.
Just start looking and gaining info now for the future.
TEAM PITA Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.

One day I will rule the world. For now, I have to settle for this place.
it's probably what I have to do til next spring, search for someone that knows Focus
thank you guys for the suggestions
FocusSport/VF kit wouldn't hurt (Zetec) or FocusSport also has a turbo setup for the Duratec here.

If your worried about a warranty, do as meford said, save up and wait. Or you can slowly build the motor up to accept the fi setup.

Cosworth Stage One kit:

Cold Air intake
Cast aluminum inlet manifold
Computer (ECU) reflash +27 horsepower
“Power By Cosworth” Badge included
All mounting hardware and instructions included

And so on... http://www.bishopsales.com/cosworth_racing_focus.html
'14 Escape 2.0t
2012 5dr Ti : Traded
euro_zx5,Oct 4 2006, 06:35 PM Wrote:We have Boost Motorsports here in Hamilton, if that's not too far out of your way.
[right][snapback]210139[/snapback][/right]

Didn't even know this was in hamilton. Website isn't very imformative.
Current
09 F150 SCREW 4X4 XTR

Former
Show
Go

Try DL Motorsports these guys know there stuff Trust me.....
you are going to have a hard time finding a good focus tuner anywhere in canada...

if you are looking at turbo or SC, your best bet is to get a kit that comes with tuning....

Xios turbo kits are a solid little kit for the money

for SC's, PW all the way and do not look back.
great tune right out of the box, can be installed by you if you can turn a wrench and have the required tools.

FS/VF kits, good kit but priced high for what you get now that the PW kit has dropped so much in price.

and as stated, if warrenty is a concern, wait.
if you are a few months away from the end of your warrenty, i wouldn't worry about it... any issues you would have from one of the above kits within the first year is usually install error or user error.
yeah, I think I'll wait til spring and then act.warranty is up in april or something like that.I was thinking at Powerworks...some suggested that turbo is better for small displacement engines
thanks zx3tuning
lol
lots of people suggest things they have no first hand EXP with. ;)