Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Official Nhl Thread!
Ottawa is a great team.. and they were... up until the final were they fell apart. Say all you want, I got to enjoy hockey alot longer than most people.. I have no retaliation comments that your fishing for, sorry. It was a good run were we got our asses hadned to us in the end.. Too Bad, but Ill be there next year screaming my ass off opening day.

Congrats to Anaheim though, they played awesome... Giggy and Teemu finally get their cup..
2001 ZX3..
Mods - Coming Soon
Tinited with Skull decal on front bumper passenger side.
Damn Ottawa.... Where were thier heads... The score should have been 4 - 2 for Ottawa in the 3rd period. At one point in the 3rd I thought we had a chance to come back. Until I watched Emery slide the puck into the net, and then I think it was Volchenkov (or however you spell it) who redirected the next one in the next to make it 2-4 Ducks... Oh well.... Ottawa played great hockey unitl this series. Where is the team that beat Detroit ? Ottawa did not deserve to win the cup because of thier performance in the finals, but ya know what ???? I will be there rooting and cheering for them at the start of next season!

Go Sens Go.... Go Sens Go.... Go Sens Go....

Good job Anaheim for taking it to us, as they played very well as a team.
Skirt, Volant Intake, HID projectors, Eibach Suspension, SVT rims
From a Leaf Fan, Congratulations to the Anaheim Ducks for winning The Stanley Cup, Congratulations to the Ottawa Senators for being in the Stanley Cup finals, they didn't choke, they were beat by a better team, and Congratulations to all of our Ottawa Senator fans on FC for their maturity in realizing that hockey is a game, and as us Leaf Fans know, way too often, life goes on after the defeat.
Proud member of the CDan nation.
2000 White ZTS: retired
2012 Frosted Glass SEL: active
K&N Filter.....
Worst Stanley Cup Final EVAR!!!!!!!!!1111111111111
The look on Heatley and Allfredson was totally worth it.

Have a good summer you Pylons.

:lol:
Ottawa made it farther than the Leafs did this season, of that there is no doubt.

Ottawa however decided that they could only beat the Ducks by resorting to tactics that were reminscent of the Flyers of the '70's and they got shown the door damn quick because of it :(

Aneheim played for the most part like they wanted to win and did so.

Emery for the most part is blameless in this loss... Hell, if the Leafs could pry him outta Ottawa I'd sure call it an upgrade ;)

NefCanuck
Emery had no chance on any of the goals scored. Most of them were tipped if I recall correctly.
NefCanuck,Jun 7 2007, 03:13 PM Wrote:Ottawa made it farther than the Leafs did this season, of that there is no doubt. 

Ottawa however decided that they could only beat the Ducks by resorting to tactics that were reminscent of the Flyers of the '70's and they got shown the door damn quick because of it :(

Emery for the most part is blameless in this loss... Hell, if the Leafs could pry him outta Ottawa I'd sure call it an upgrade ;)

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]240845[/snapback][/right]
No offense, but if any Ottawa Senator becomes a Leaf, I'm changing my allegiance to the Sabres. Shame on you, once they've worm an Ottawa jersey, they're mud. ;) ;)
K&N Filter.....
oldeguy,Jun 7 2007, 03:57 PM Wrote:
NefCanuck,Jun 7 2007, 03:13 PM Wrote:Ottawa made it farther than the Leafs did this season, of that there is no doubt. 

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]240845[/snapback][/right]
No offense, but if any Ottawa Senator becomes a Leaf, I'm changing my allegiance to the Sabres. Shame on you, once they've worm an Ottawa jersey, they're mud. ;) ;)
[right][snapback]240865[/snapback][/right]

Hey, we rehabilitate prisoners, not shoot 'em...

A few weeks in a T.O. uniform and maybe Emery even learns how to drive! :lol:

NefCanuck
ANTHONYD,Jun 7 2007, 03:14 PM Wrote:The look on Heatley and Allfredson was totally worth it.

[right][snapback]240817[/snapback][/right]
Didnt Alfredsson score our only 2 goals ??........i dont know but I have a feeling you were watching something else.. :unsure:
2001 ZX3..
Mods - Coming Soon
PDW,Jun 8 2007, 09:17 AM Wrote:
ANTHONYD,Jun 7 2007, 03:14 PM Wrote:The look on Heatley and Allfredson was totally worth it.

Didnt Alfredsson score our only 2 goals ??........i dont know but I have a feeling you were watching something else.. :unsure:
[right][snapback]240901[/snapback][/right]
Us Toronto fools, I mean fans, see things differently when it comes to Ottawa. I hate to say it, but I had a good feeling when watching, a sense of contentment that Ottawa didn't win. It's odd, afterall, I have a son who lives in Ottawa, and I like the city, just not the hockey team, or it's players.
K&N Filter.....
wow.... is this tread ever going to die, now that it's all over I mean.
I was the only member on this board with a Yellow Focus Sedan, and a 2002+ Euro Facelift on a sedan.
Frost__2001,Jun 8 2007, 02:29 PM Wrote:wow.... is this tread ever going to die, now that it's all over I mean.
[right][snapback]240910[/snapback][/right]
are you kidding. not with the free agency and the draft coming up...
2001 ZX3..
Mods - Coming Soon
Frost__2001,Jun 8 2007, 10:29 AM Wrote:wow.... is this tread ever going to die, now that it's all over I mean.
[right][snapback]240910[/snapback][/right]
Hockey is a year round topic. In toronto there is a radio show every noontime,all year long
K&N Filter.....
Big News from Leaf LaLand.
Sundin back for another year. So?
K&N Filter.....
PDW,Jun 8 2007, 09:17 AM Wrote:

[right][snapback]240901[/snapback][/right]

The look on their faces when the cup went around the ice on the shoulders of the ducks.... Not his performance :rolleyes:

So he scored 2 goals.... good for him... it wasn't enough :lol:
I like Sundin, I really do. But he needs to go. Or, they had better bring guys in that can skate with him. It's such an incredible waste of talent.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
oldeguy,Jun 13 2007, 10:18 AM Wrote:Big News from Leaf LaLand.
[right][snapback]241271[/snapback][/right]

Without the Leafs landing some serious talent to help him, this is going to be $5.5M sent down the sinkhole. As much as I love Sundin as a hockey player in a Leafs uniform, seeing him waste away in Toronto while the GM fiddles away breaks my heart :(

NefCanuck
NefCanuck,Jun 13 2007, 11:30 AM Wrote:
oldeguy,Jun 13 2007, 10:18 AM Wrote:Big News from Leaf LaLand.
[right][snapback]241271[/snapback][/right]

Without the Leafs landing some serious talent to help him, this is going to be $5.5M sent down the sinkhole. As much as I love Sundin as a hockey player in a Leafs uniform, seeing him waste away in Toronto while the GM fiddles away breaks my heart :(

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]241275[/snapback][/right]
Have you ever noticed how Sundil scores most of his goals? off the wing. He should be told that he is now a winger. Leafs have too many centres and no wingers.
K&N Filter.....

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Official Election Thread 2001 ZTS 22 8,980 10-17-2008, 03:13 AM
Last Post: NefCanuck