• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Turbo Focus
kamilk69,Oct 2 2006, 11:02 PM Wrote:[Image: P1050081.jpg]
[right][snapback]209880[/snapback][/right]
haha dude! you have the same floor and carpet as me! :lol: :lol:
2001 SE Sedan
gas mileage King of FocusCanada!

760.8km on 45L
BerinG,Oct 3 2006, 03:28 PM Wrote:oh ok.. well i have a t25 and hardkore had a t25 and he had smoke coming out the exhaust.. and it was the return line caus i had the same trouble at first where it would smoke like crazy when i stopped (flow of the return being blocked by the oil in the pan) .. i finally had a restrictor before the feed and now im changing the return to something bigger (5/8") ..

what is the size of your return line.. i guess you would know caus it would've smoked
[right][snapback]209936[/snapback][/right]

1/2 inch
[Image: forumn-stuffcopy.jpg]
Hey man, I know who you are! I've seen you around so many times! I have a Liquid Grey ZX5 w/ a pretty loud exhaust. It dont have much done to it on the outside, its mostly under the hood. Hope to see you around,

Matt
2004 Ford Focus ZX5 MTX75 - Liquid Grey -

15.7 @ 86mph

1994 Pontiac Trans AM 25th Anniversary 6 spd -

12.3 @ 110mph

2013 Ford Focus ST - Oxford White

1/4 TBD
[Image: image,Burnin1,black,blue.png]
kamilk69,Oct 3 2006, 12:08 PM Wrote:
BerinG,Oct 3 2006, 03:28 PM Wrote:oh ok.. well i have a t25 and hardkore had a t25 and he had smoke coming out the exhaust.. and it was the return line caus i had the same trouble at first where it would smoke like crazy when i stopped (flow of the return being blocked by the oil in the pan) .. i finally had a restrictor before the feed and now im changing the return to something bigger (5/8") ..

what is the size of your return line.. i guess you would know caus it would've smoked
[right][snapback]209936[/snapback][/right]

1/2 inch
[right][snapback]209944[/snapback][/right]

ok thats what i have right now also.. i guess technically there could be a restrictor on your oil inlet of the turbo.. which would prevent all this.. but anyway, i guess you would've seen smoke if it was too small.. mine was too small but i went with 5w30 instead of the 5w40 i had in the first place and it limited the smoke..

its just.. running the turbo at 8psi i doupt would be "too much" for the turbo.. it is only 8psi afterall .. maybe not be very effective boost but for over spooling? ah well.. you're changing it anyway..
ZX3T gone..
just another thought.. if the compressor wheel snapped off the axle, could it be possible that it was caused by compressor surge/stall?

Just something to make sure of... so you don't damage the new one as well.
Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

darkpuppet,Oct 3 2006, 12:56 PM Wrote:just another thought.. if the compressor wheel snapped off the axle, could it be possible that it was caused by compressor surge/stall? 

Just something to make sure of... so you don't damage the new one as well.
[right][snapback]209953[/snapback][/right]

Didnt even notice that.

Your running some sort of bypass valve or BOV arent you??
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
it wasnt the comressor side it was te exhast side, and yea there was a bov built right on the turbo housing it dumped air right back into the intake. perfect for drawthrough setup
kamilk69,Oct 3 2006, 02:17 PM Wrote:it wasnt the comressor side it was te exhast side, and yea there was a bov built right on the turbo housing it dumped air right back into the intake. perfect for drawthrough setup
[right][snapback]209967[/snapback][/right]
you mean that nipple on the compressor side? i thought that was just a vaccum/boost port for your wastegate (closer, no need to tap in the rest of the system) but nevermind.. i noticed that other "component" .. thoguht that was the wastegate but then noticed i in the back
ZX3T gone..
For a budget turbo set up i'll say not bad but plz don't run that header or manifold if you can call it that it wasn't made to make boost theres a log style manifold for sale in the Classifieds i think you should check it out and i think the 42 lbs injectors are pretty big for what your doing im running 33 lbs injectors running 13 psi no prob im looking for bigger ones now because im planning on more boost
DruZX3 You Tube Page
My Rides on Car Domain

2001 Ford Focus ZX3 - Daily Driver
2008 Lincoln MKX Limited Edition - Grocery Getter
2007 Suzuki GSXR 600 - Rode and Sold
2004 Jeep Liberty Renegade - Offroaded and Sold
2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited X - R.I.P. Electrical Fire
2000 Ford Focus ZX3 - Traded in Now DrunkinMonkeys Car
2003 Ford Taurus Wagon - Inherited Drove and Sold
2000 Ford Focus ZX3 Turbo - Award Winning 336 WHP - Parted and Scraped
1990 Ford Festiva - My 1st Car

[Image: ZX3PixelCarEngineVIEW.png]
ZX3_2NV,Oct 4 2006, 03:17 AM Wrote:For a budget turbo set up i'll say not bad but plz don't run that header or manifold if you can call it that it wasn't made to make boost theres a log style manifold for sale in the Classifieds i think you should check it out and i think the 42 lbs injectors are pretty big for what your doing im running 33 lbs injectors running 13 psi no prob im looking for bigger ones now because im planning on more boost
[right][snapback]210013[/snapback][/right]

dude, i doubt a log manifold would flow better then what i got, those headers are perfect for making boost they are the jba headers. and i know guys that max out 42lbs injectors on 12psi, you must be doing something wrong.
ZX3_2NV,Oct 3 2006, 11:17 PM Wrote:For a budget turbo set up i'll say not bad but plz don't run that header or manifold if you can call it that it wasn't made to make boost theres a log style manifold for sale in the Classifieds i think you should check it out and i think the 42 lbs injectors are pretty big for what your doing im running 33 lbs injectors running 13 psi no prob im looking for bigger ones now because im planning on more boost
[right][snapback]210013[/snapback][/right]

how much HP is that making?

I thought the 33's should run out around 220WHP... and at 13PSI, I would expect you make closer to 240-250. (I think.. I have to go dig up my tuning notes...)...
Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

kamilk69,Oct 4 2006, 03:35 AM Wrote:dude, i doubt a log manifold would flow better then what i got, those headers are perfect for making boost they are the jba headers. and i know guys that max out 42lbs injectors on 12psi, you must be doing something wrong.
[right][snapback]210016[/snapback][/right]

that is still the stock header that i see in your pics there.

everything looks good, killer for an 18 year old.
'03 Focus SVT
it looks like the mock up used the stock header, but if you watch the video, he has the jba shorties in there.
'05 Grand Cherokee LTD Hemi

'02 black ZX5 ****currently on jack stands my parents garage missing a transmission****
--FC/OBX 4-2-1 Race Header--FS Flex--MBRP catback exhaust--AEM CAI--Brembo Brakes with Hawk HPS pads--Toucan(ractive) 9mm Plug wires--FC Plug wire cover--Polished aluminum Ractive Strut Bar
Not installed: FK 60/40 Springs
update new turbo

old crappyness

[Image: P1050425.jpg]

new and better hottness

[Image: P1050443.jpg]
[Image: P1050441.jpg]
[Image: P1050440.jpg]
Out of a Nissan eh? What exactly did it come out of? And don't forget to post some install pics eh!
'14 Escape 2.0t
2012 5dr Ti : Traded
the comressor housing is just out of a nissan, its a t3 60 trim .63exhast .48comprssor, and it has a larger mercedes wheel on the ehast side, but over all its a garret, WOOOOT. i should be finished everything tomorow,
Yeah 42's are overkill but in a turbo setup thats probably what you want since adding boost is probably going to happen esp. on a homebrew turbo.

You could have gotten away with 30# injectors, its all tunning. If your going by what steeda is telling you, take everything with a grain of salt. Meister doesn't know everything.
is that a log styyle manifold I see?!?! :P
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
great i love ford, the new turbo runs great. but now my tranny is f***ed. i cant put the car into any gear from a stand still only when the car is turned off, and when rolling the car wont go into any gear properly and wont come out of gears properly, i think god hate me. :)
could be something you did.

And I am refraining from commenting on your car at this time

Best of luck.
TEAM PITA Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.

One day I will rule the world. For now, I have to settle for this place.