Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Turbo Focus
When your at my point and Dasilva Racing can't tune it with 71 lbs injectors and im not gonna tune it myself so i can blow it up only option is to go to Turbo tom or focus sport for tuning or another system that someone in toronto can tune
DruZX3 You Tube Page
My Rides on Car Domain

2001 Ford Focus ZX3 - Daily Driver
2008 Lincoln MKX Limited Edition - Grocery Getter
2007 Suzuki GSXR 600 - Rode and Sold
2004 Jeep Liberty Renegade - Offroaded and Sold
2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited X - R.I.P. Electrical Fire
2000 Ford Focus ZX3 - Traded in Now DrunkinMonkeys Car
2003 Ford Taurus Wagon - Inherited Drove and Sold
2000 Ford Focus ZX3 Turbo - Award Winning 336 WHP - Parted and Scraped
1990 Ford Festiva - My 1st Car

[Image: ZX3PixelCarEngineVIEW.png]
ZX3_2NV,Jan 29 2008, 11:46 AM Wrote:When your at my point and Dasilva Racing can't tune it with 71 lbs injectors and im not gonna tune it myself so i can blow it up only option is to go to Turbo tom or focus sport for tuning or another system that someone in toronto can tune
[right][snapback]257020[/snapback][/right]

So how come they couldn't tune it? They didn't have the value file for the 71lb injectors (downloadable from the SCT site), or that they couldn't calculate the load tables you were looking for?

The injectors themselves should be the easy part.. the load tables would be a little more complicated, but they're not exactly something that couldn't be figured out by comparing to similar loads to high-HP other cars..

Your better bet may be to get in touch with Randy at focussport. He's a proven tuner with a good reputation and could get you on your way... he's supported a lot of us PRP owners through all our trials and tribulations.
Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

Yaa I have contacted him before he has told me its my MAF that is restricting me since i have it between the intercooler and TB and it should be infront of the turbo but hey I got no filter or pipe there.
DruZX3 You Tube Page
My Rides on Car Domain

ZX3_2NV,Jan 30 2008, 04:08 PM Wrote:Yaa I have contacted him before he has told me its my MAF that is restricting me since i have it between the intercooler and TB and it should be infront of the turbo but hey I got no filter or pipe there.
[right][snapback]257131[/snapback][/right]

Ideally, the MAF works best in a draw-through configuration (air filter --> MAF --> bypass outlet --> turbo inlet).

However, the real trick is make sure that the MAF only measures the amount of air going into the engine.. and you may be able to get by in a blow-thru configuration, if you run a bypass (recirc instead of blow-off) so long as you can stall the air sufficiently before the MAF.

So I think it could be pulled off so long as the MAF was put as close to the TB as you can to give sufficient buffer between the bypass inlet in the intake tract.

Closer to the TB would also minimize any backwards airflow from the pressurized intake tract when the blow-off goes.

Can't say I know too many focuses that run such a setup.. most people have found their success with a draw-thru config.

See I do have my MAF close to the TB and i have my BOV between the intercooler and the turbo take a quick look theres not much i can do sorry for Hijacking ur thread kamilk69 but maybe this info can help you out aswell

[Image: P1000800.jpg]
[Image: P1000732.jpg]
DruZX3 You Tube Page
My Rides on Car Domain

looking nice, i bet your going to be taking the headlight out at the track arent your, heheh
[Image: forumn-stuffcopy.jpg]
nope custom velocity stack
[Image: track.jpg]
[Image: P1000065.jpg]
DruZX3 You Tube Page
My Rides on Car Domain

you should give Joel at WPracing in windsor a call man. i bet he would love to tackle your car.
Turbo Kit For sale. Bills SUCK.
does he tune with SCT ive never heard of him before, pm me some details im interested
DruZX3 You Tube Page
My Rides on Car Domain

ZX3_2NV,Jan 31 2008, 11:20 AM Wrote:See I do have my MAF close to the TB and i have my BOV between the intercooler and the turbo take a quick look theres not much i can do sorry for Hijacking ur thread kamilk69 but maybe this info can help you out aswell

[Image: P1000800.jpg]

[right][snapback]257185[/snapback][/right]

From what I see in this pic, I think the blow-thru arranement could be tuned for... I would probably prefer a bit longer straight run leading to/from, but it's not too bad.

Where you might find issue is with the MAF housing.. it looks like a rather large tube being fed by a smaller diameter tube, and dumping into a smaller tube..

This will likely cause problems as the smaller tube leading into the larger tube is going to cause turbulence heading to the MAF sensor -- and it'll cause inconsistent readings...

You'll notice that OEM MAFs tend to be a smaller inner diameter than the intake tract leading in and out. And this is where it would be simpler for a suck-thru arrangement... as the intake end could be near infinity (air filter diameter much larger than MAF), and the exit from the MAF isn't as dependent. However, because you're pushing air through the MAF, you want to make sure it enters nice and evenly for the entire cross section of the MAF, and encounters no constrictions leaving the MAF.

Even then, you may have an issue where the car will pop rich during off-throttle and then lean out as the needle drops, which could be remedied by decreasing the ICV decay rate (dashpot IIRC), but your revs won't drop as quickly... but nothing a little tuning couldn't mitigate.

random note.. don't use your helmet to prop your hood open like that. the heat isn't good for the impact absorbing material, and the pressure from the hood isn't the greatest for the shell either

guess it doesn't matter you prob just wear it for show at the drag strip. personally there is no friggin way i would treat a helmet that i would use on my head for road racing my MC in that fashion
or you could all do what I did and get a pectal and say FU maf.. hahahha bitches
[Image: forumsig.jpg]

I could List my mods.. my times and even my future mods here.. but there the same as yours.. with a little less conversation and a lot more action!
wpracing.ca is his website and yes he uses SCT. me and zed_not_zee and attest for him. he is big in the mustang around here. tuned my car and had zero problems what so ever. call him and leave a MSG. 1-519-819-1091
Turbo Kit For sale. Bills SUCK.
hey ZED_not_zee how do u like the Pectel is it the version one how much power you putting down and was it wpracing that tuned it because i'm not aware of any tuners in t dot that know the pectel
DruZX3 You Tube Page
My Rides on Car Domain

only know one person on here who's tuned his own pectel... the results were impressive... nice little package if you know what you're doing.