Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Crappy Tire 84th Birthday Flyer
I think the Stud Finder lazer level is a good deal.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY.
They have that deal often, but yes it is a good deal. That thing is pretty damn cool.
i have that finder, its ok but not that good
"Coming together is a beginning, staying together is progress, and working together is success."
--Henry Ford

00 Focus ZX3 Silver- Sold
01 Focus ZX3 Green- Sold
01 Focus ZTS Red- Sold
03 Focus ZTW Green Sold
04 Escape LTD Silver- Sold
05 Freestyle LTD Black-Sold
02 Honda CRV EX-L-Sold
02 VW Jetta GLS TDI Silver-Sold

11 VW Jetta TDI 6spd Mine Smile
10 VW Golf Highline DSG- wrote off Sad

What's a good one? The electronic one we have doesn't work for a s*** against our common wall in our semi. Recommendations anyone?
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
Went there this morning, picked up some awesome deals....
NOS2Go4Me,Sep 16 2006, 11:26 AM Wrote:What's a good one? The electronic one we have doesn't work for a s*** against our common wall in our semi. Recommendations anyone?
[right][snapback]207325[/snapback][/right]
What is the common wall in your semi made of? If it's an older home (per 1965) the common wall is most likely made of cinder block with a small strapping of 1X2 or 1X3 overlay and then either plaster or wallboard. Any of the studfinder's would have a hard time reading the stud location if this is the case.
TEAM PITA Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.

One day I will rule the world. For now, I have to settle for this place.
It was built about 26-30 years ago at best estimate. The common wall is definitely block... I can attest to that for the few nails I've bent so far :lol:

It's definitely drywall over it, that's for sure. The thing is, we're having a hell of a time finding any wood anchoring the drywall to the block AT ALL. It's like a minor miracle is holding the s*** up. Hmm. I might have to dissect a section in the basement to figure this out.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
If it's block then you definately only have strapping holding up the drywall. That's why you can't find a wood stud. The strapping should be every 24" on centre, so start from a corner and measure outward and you should be able to tap and find the strapping. Hope it's just for picture hanging and not something like a shelf you want to hold up. If it is something heavier, use a butterfly spring that you will have to drill into the block wall with a 3" or so screw. That will hold just about anything.
TEAM PITA Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.

One day I will rule the world. For now, I have to settle for this place.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Coder On Sale At Crappy Tire. ANTHONYD 4 1,593 09-22-2006, 11:57 PM
Last Post: BerinG
  Good Deals At Crappy Tire ANTHONYD 7 2,681 09-09-2006, 03:17 AM
Last Post: darkpuppet