Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Toy :)
well sadly my Aerostar is not doin so good and I don't think it would survive the winter so off i went today shopping for a replacement..
I just got back from buying this new toy and I'm gunna be receiving it Tuesday, its going be my dads ride since he primarily used the Aerostar and I use the Focus's

1999 F-150 XLT
V8 Triton
all power options
Cruise
Full Class 3 tow package
4x4

Just over 4k with tax's

[Image: F150.jpg]
Wagon #1- 01 SE Zetec Wagon (Harvest Gold) - Accident (Pillar Damage) Being transplanted into Wagon 2
Wagon #2- 01 SE Zetec Wagon (Harvest Gold) - (Being Parted) New Body for Wagon 1
Wagon #3- 02 SE Zetec Wagon (Twilight Blue)
Feral,Oct 2 2009, 06:18 PM Wrote:well sadly my Aerostar is not doin so good and I don't think it would survive the winter so off i went today shopping for a replacement..
I just got back from buying this new toy and I'm gunna be receiving it Tuesday, its going be my dads ride since he primarily used the Aerostar and I use the Focus's

1999 F-150 XLT
V8 Triton
all power options
Cruise
Full Class 3 tow package
4x4

Just over 4k with tax's

[right][snapback]295341[/snapback][/right]

What - no Dodge? :lol:

Body looks to be in excellent condition for a ten year old truck - 4.6 right? and how many km?
2008 Fusion SEL MTX - DD1 * 2009 Fusion SEL - DD2 * 2007 Focus ZXW - R*I*P * 2004 Focus ZTW CD Silver - sold * 2004 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2003 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2001 Focus ZTW Gold - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Black - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Gold R*I*P

2003 Focus ZX5 infra-red Track Rat - R*I*P
2003 ZX5 CD Silver Track Rat - retired, but still in the driveway

New track rat: 2000 ZX3, Atlantic Blue * JRSC with lots more to come

* New Zetec crate motor - NFG - thanks Topspeed *
Nice pick-up! :) I steal my in-laws '98 F150 every chance I get... :lol:
Ryan and the Silver Sedan
++++++++++++++++++++++++
2008 Mazda5 GS/Copper Red Mica/2.3 MZR 5AT/22% Tint
[Image: 49951.png]
2011 Ford F150 FX4 Supercrew/Race Red/3.5 TT EcoBoost
ZTWsquared,Oct 2 2009, 08:15 PM Wrote:
Feral,Oct 2 2009, 06:18 PM Wrote:well sadly my Aerostar is not doin so good and I don't think it would survive the winter so off i went today shopping for a replacement..

1999 F-150 XLT
V8 Triton
all power options
Cruise
Full Class 3 tow package
4x4

Just over 4k with tax's

[right][snapback]295341[/snapback][/right]

What - no Dodge? :lol:

Body looks to be in excellent condition for a ten year old truck - 4.6 right? and how many km?
[right][snapback]295357[/snapback][/right]

Bleh, dodge

whats funny is there was a Dodge Ram in the same lot for sale and after he saw my jacket he said I'm not even going to bother bringing up the ram...
while I was out goin to the bank someone came in and wanted to buy the F-150 when I returned the dude was waiting for us and offered me $1000 cash to walk away from the Ford so he could buy it, I said sorry already sold, he turned around and told the rep that he will take the ram in a dejected voice XD (the ram wasn't even a V8 or 4x4)

[Image: DSCF2016.jpg]
(on another note while at Dixie Ford sampling there used car stock I had a bunch of people including the manager ask me where I got that jacket from.. it seems that particular jacket was givin to Ford Employees only, <.< >.> my Brother in law used to be the G-Sales manager at Dixie a number of years ago for a number of years and he got it then lol)

just shy of 200k and yeah its the 4.6 Triton

its got a small rust spot (surface) thats gunna be fixed (hence the wait to get it)

reldridge,Oct 2 2009, 08:28 PM Wrote:Nice pick-up! :) I steal my in-laws '98 F150 every chance I get... :lol:
[right][snapback]295358[/snapback][/right]

hehehe im gunna steal this any chance I get prob is it will be a different color when I return, 2 tone mud sounds about right
Wagon #1- 01 SE Zetec Wagon (Harvest Gold) - Accident (Pillar Damage) Being transplanted into Wagon 2
Wagon #2- 01 SE Zetec Wagon (Harvest Gold) - (Being Parted) New Body for Wagon 1
nice iv always liked the f150s

the only thing i can worn you a bought is that year range is bad for something screwing up in the exhaust manifold and it makes a hell of a racket and is like $700 plus for a new one
In Europe FORD is pronounced "\kwa-le-te\"

2008 f250 6.4 powerstroke/twin turbo/crew cab/XLT/4x4 Edge programmer, Cat and Dpf delete, mbrp exhaust. 650hp 850ft/tq.....
2002 red SVT sport'in European Appearance package rims, AEM cai, #4111 of 4788, ranger 12v plug cover, 4500k HID HI/LO, eibach springs, H&R 15mm wheel spacers. sold Sad
2000 yellow zx3 sold
1994 mazda mx3 sold
1992 ford festiva (RIP)
I have a 98. Man $4000 is a very good price for that truck.

The issue with these trucks is the exhaust manifold. The bolts in particular have been known to break and cause excessive noise and exhaust leaks. To fix the manifold, my son has told me, is a bitch. If the stud breaks off, then you have to tap the manifold. To do this you have to take the head off and the engine has to be partially removed. A major PITA. Mine had it but we fixed it.

As for the jackets, they were a promotional item when you bought a certain FORD truck about 2000. I think it was the wrangler or something cowboyish.

TEAM PITA Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.

One day I will rule the world. For now, I have to settle for this place.
Jmountney1,Oct 3 2009, 12:15 AM Wrote:nice iv always liked the f150s

the only thing i can worn you a bought is that year range is bad for something screwing up in the exhaust manifold and it makes a hell of a racket and is like $700 plus for a new one
[right][snapback]295369[/snapback][/right]

:) ill keep my eye on that.

meford4u,Oct 3 2009, 01:23 AM Wrote:I have a 98.  Man $4000 is a very good price for that truck.

The issue with these trucks is the exhaust manifold.  The bolts in particular have been known to break and cause excessive noise and exhaust leaks.  To fix the manifold, my son has told me, is a bitch.  If the stud breaks off, then you have to tap the manifold.  To do this you have to take the head off and the engine has to be partially removed.  A major PITA.  Mine had it but we fixed it.

As for the jackets, they were a promotional item when you bought a certain FORD truck about 2000.  I think it was the wrangler or something cowboyish.
[right][snapback]295373[/snapback][/right]

erf sounds like fun XD
did they by chance make stronger replacement ones or no ??? if they did I'd probably have them replace it before I buy it or ill do it when I do some upgrades to it including a flull 1/4 inch skid plate installation

hrmm new to me on the front it says "1994 Race for Indy championship"
either way XD I still love that jacket

errrr Dodge/Jeep made Wrangler XD the ford cowboyish name for the truck is a King Ranch which I was Eyeballing for myself
Come on bro, Dodge all the way........
2002 Ford Focus ZTS (Gave it away)
125whp/129wtq
2006 Subaru Impreza WRX with JDM 6 speed
207whp/273wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 2)13.9@99mph
320whp/330wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 3)
352whp/360wtq Dynojet
13.3@106mph
2004 Ford F-150 Lariat
2008 Honda CBR600RR "Silver Bullet" R.I.P.
2009 Honda CBR600RR "To Punish & Enslave"
2001 Honda CBR F4i Stunt bike "Burn the Rubber, not your soul"
2013 China 90cc dirt bike
meford4u,Oct 3 2009, 02:23 AM Wrote:I have a 98.  Man $4000 is a very good price for that truck.

The issue with these trucks is the exhaust manifold.  The bolts in particular have been known to break and cause excessive noise and exhaust leaks.  To fix the manifold, my son has told me, is a bitch.  If the stud breaks off, then you have to tap the manifold.  To do this you have to take the head off and the engine has to be partially removed.  A major PITA.  Mine had it but we fixed it.

As for the jackets, they were a promotional item when you bought a certain FORD truck about 2000.  I think it was the wrangler or something cowboyish.
Only if it was the Lightning ... jacket says Motorsport; if was a regular F-150 it would say Built Ford Tough.
2008 Fusion SEL MTX - DD1 * 2009 Fusion SEL - DD2 * 2007 Focus ZXW - R*I*P * 2004 Focus ZTW CD Silver - sold * 2004 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2003 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2001 Focus ZTW Gold - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Black - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Gold R*I*P

2003 Focus ZX5 infra-red Track Rat - R*I*P
2003 ZX5 CD Silver Track Rat - retired, but still in the driveway

New track rat: 2000 ZX3, Atlantic Blue * JRSC with lots more to come

* New Zetec crate motor - NFG - thanks Topspeed *
ZTWsquared,Oct 3 2009, 08:31 PM Wrote:
meford4u,Oct 3 2009, 02:23 AM Wrote:As for the jackets, they were a promotional item when you bought a certain FORD truck about 2000.  I think it was the wrangler or something cowboyish.
Only if it was the Lightning ... jacket says Motorsport; if was a regular F-150 it would say Built Ford Tough.
[right][snapback]295402[/snapback][/right]

and you guys call me a nerd :ph34r:
Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

darkpuppet,Oct 4 2009, 03:49 PM Wrote:
ZTWsquared,Oct 3 2009, 08:31 PM Wrote:
meford4u,Oct 3 2009, 02:23 AM Wrote:As for the jackets, they were a promotional item when you bought a certain FORD truck about 2000.  I think it was the wrangler or something cowboyish.
[right][snapback]295402[/snapback][/right]

and you guys call me a nerd :ph34r:
[right][snapback]295434[/snapback][/right]

you ARE a nerd.. :lol: every time I speak to you or see you your either doin work at work, doin work at home or thinking of work while driving XD

Plus you saw that jacket at the last MM XD ..

hrmm that motor + your car = C YA
BAHAHAHAHAH on the phone right now with the Guy who I bought the truck from he fell into a hole (near literal) lol the truck did not pass safety and hes holding to his word the issues that were know outweighed the issues he didn't

he said for this much more ( about a grand) he will make sure the truck passes safty LEGIT and everything.. boy did we get a deal

Items we knew had to be fixed and he was going to issue before delivery
Tires - Bald - he will replace them
Muffer - noisy - he will replace (turns out the muffler is fine
Door hinge (driver) - sagging - he will repair/replace the hinge

Items that the Ministry found and hes stuck replacing
Tires - Bald
Exhaust Manifold - 5 broken studs (2 driver / 3 passenger)
Rear Brakes - drums were FAAAR beyond safe material thickness allowances and pads followed with the damage
Door Hinge - replaced
Taillight Harness - Damaged when someone tapped a second trailer harness and tied the wires together
half dozen bulbs out - replace

XD I feel sorry about the dealer but hey hes put his foot in his mouth and gunna repair it all and take the hit to make us happy

you guys hit the nail on the head calling bad exhaust studs and hes the one fixing it
glad to hear it worked out

Feral,Oct 5 2009, 07:12 PM Wrote:BAHAHAHAHAH on the phone right now with the Guy who I bought the truck from he fell into a hole (near literal) lol the truck did not pass safety and hes holding to his word the issues that were know outweighed the issues he didn't

he said for this much more ( about a grand) he will make sure the truck passes safty LEGIT and everything.. boy did we get a deal

Items we knew had to be fixed and he was going to issue before delivery
Tires - Bald - he will replace them
Muffer - noisy - he will replace (turns out the muffler is fine
Door hinge (driver) - sagging - he will repair/replace the hinge

Items that the Ministry found and hes stuck replacing
Tires - Bald
Exhaust Manifold - 5 broken studs (2 driver / 3 passenger)
Rear Brakes - drums were FAAAR beyond safe material thickness allowances and pads followed with the damage
Door Hinge - replaced
Taillight Harness - Damaged when someone tapped a second trailer harness and tied the wires together
half dozen bulbs out - replace

XD I feel sorry about the dealer but hey hes put his foot in his mouth and gunna repair it all and take the hit to make us happy

you guys hit the nail on the head calling bad exhaust studs and hes the one fixing it
[right][snapback]295501[/snapback][/right]
In Europe FORD is pronounced "\kwa-le-te\"

2008 f250 6.4 powerstroke/twin turbo/crew cab/XLT/4x4 Edge programmer, Cat and Dpf delete, mbrp exhaust. 650hp 850ft/tq.....
2002 red SVT sport'in European Appearance package rims, AEM cai, #4111 of 4788, ranger 12v plug cover, 4500k HID HI/LO, eibach springs, H&R 15mm wheel spacers. sold Sad
2000 yellow zx3 sold
1994 mazda mx3 sold
1992 ford festiva (RIP)
num nummmm that f**er is FASt lol I was doin dirty burnouts at every stoplight ( must remember no weight on the rear like the van)

mmmmmmmmm V8 Triton :D now if DP would drop one of these in his Stang it would fly... (in mind thought: now I could challange DP to a race LOL)

[Image: DSCF2028.jpg]

ooo shiney
[Image: DSCF2027.jpg]
I'll take that challenge... even stock, the V6 stang gets into the 14's on stock rubber.

and that'll be plenty of time to beat your truck :P
Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

is that before or after I 4x4 over your car to get to the starting line XD
Feral,Oct 8 2009, 02:31 PM Wrote:is that before or after I 4x4 over your car to get to the starting line XD
[right][snapback]295701[/snapback][/right]

He'd be long gone from the starting line by the time you got there :P

Hell, so would I most likely :lol:

NefCanuck
lol :) well I like mah truck any ricer honda's wanna play ill barrel roll them.. I have a full brush bar package ordered

and I would never barrel roll a Ford

Hey DP got any Bigger FC.Net Decals :) I wanna stick one on the truck
BWahahahahaha havin a little fun.. I dare anyone without 4x4 to come where I was XD middle of nowhere in Erin and im not talkin dirt roads or normal roads heheheh

Little 4 wheelin and oddly enuf where I went the truck didn't get that dirty

P.S. and yes I did notice the truck has a lifted rear, so I had the rear springs checked theres an added +half ton spring added to it (Probably why there was a 2 5/16inch Ball coupler on it when I bought it, they must of used it for heavy haulin)

it took the front end chained to the ground and my (RIP:10/19/2009)Aerostar chained hitch to hitch to remove the Class 3 hitch from the truck as my trailer is no longer needed + Im unable to use it due to the fact the trailer sits so low I can't SEE it from ANY angle ( Pic of the trailer below the truck)

LOL anyone wanna buy a 1 1/4 ton single (2 ton axle) 8' 8in x 4' 3" utility trailer XD

[Image: Image1.jpg]

[Image: 91aero5.jpg]