Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Canadians Do Know Loud!

LOOK AT THE NUMBERS THESE 2 SPEAKERS RAN!

JESUS.
:rolleyes:
Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

What a weird box... :lol: Sweet numbers though!
'14 Escape 2.0t
2012 5dr Ti : Traded
just a bandpass box thats not steet A,B or C legal in DB drag and its on a SPL190 meter which reds anywhere form 3-9 db less then the term pro meter. there are alot louder canadians around then that.
Turbo Kit For sale. Bills SUCK.
145 isn't that impressive. I hit 154db in my old Geo Metro (3 DVC 12" RF's) ported box with only a 500 watt amp running the subs. I guess running 2 subs, that is good but I've seen numbers better then that many many times before, at almost every comp I was in, running 2 or less subs with equal or less power.

Ugly ass box, very strange........
bigman,Sep 10 2006, 10:07 AM Wrote:just a bandpass box thats not steet A,B or C legal in DB drag and its on a SPL190 meter which reds anywhere form 3-9 db less then the term pro meter.  there are alot louder canadians around then that.
[right][snapback]206361[/snapback][/right]

1. It is not a bandpass enclosure; it is a simple bass reflex; the drivers are mounted inverted.
2. I have never (and do not know anyone who has) ever tested an AC190 to be 3-9dB lower than a termlab mic. They are typically within 1-2dB.
3. Yes, there are louder Canadians out there, but that is a nice score for those awful subs ;)

Neil
Saw a guy with a Saab 900 with 1 Infinity Kappa Perfect Ten and a Earthquake amp run over 140db, and destroyed some kid with a beretta with 6 12" kenwood db series subs...that was at a burlington radioactive spl drag at one of the cruisenights at burlington mall several years ago...
Bleeding Ford Blue again...
Its all about the set up....
154 lol yah right i done db drag for ever and never seen that lol

S2,Sep 11 2006, 04:50 AM Wrote:145 isn't that impressive.  I hit 154db in my old Geo Metro (3 DVC 12" RF's) ported box with only a 500 watt amp running the subs.  I guess running 2 subs, that is good but I've seen numbers better then that many many times before, at almost every comp I was in, running 2 or less subs with equal or less power.

Ugly ass box, very strange........
[right][snapback]206414[/snapback][/right]
It my not be fast but its LOUD
Seen the numbers in your signature, why are those so low, for that much power? What subs were you running?

EDIT
seen your other thread, your running 10" subs, that explains the lower numbers. Try 12" or 15" subs and see the difference.

-----------------------------------------------

I came in third that time.

Where are you going to these things? Just curious cause 150's are not that uncommon, there's always quite a few cars hitting that. This was a typical stereo shop DB drag..... it wasn't a sanctioned event.

At the time I had 3 - 12" RF DVC's in a ported box, and I was running symettry hooked up also. My whole car was RF, two component sets (4 5-1/4" I believe and 4 tweeters), two amps, symettry, cap, etc. I was also using a Clairion CD deck with a 'mute' button.....

Mic was on the windshield, subs in the back hatch directed up towards the back window.

I got some pics if you want, I'll just have to find them, not sure if I've hosted them anywhere yet. Remember the GEO METRO has a much shorter length so the subs are closer to the mic for example. I was using the IASCA test disk at the time, not sure which track but it was one of their SPL test tracks.

I 'may' have one of my old SPL printouts also, I haven't had the car for about 7-8 years now.

EDIT
I've had so many setups in the past, my normal one was a 500a2 for my sub amp at the time. During that comp, when I hit that, I was running a 1000a1.

I was hitting around 145db with my 500a2 IIRC
There was a couple trucks at that event hitting upwards in the 160's and that is just the local crap.

By what is written in your signature, I'm assuming your going to some big events so EXTREMELY SUPRISED that you haven't seen anything over that.... LOL
you said 7 to 8 years thats why, old mic spl170 hit abought 10-12 db loader then my term lab.

so that puts you rouund 140 now a days now it works out, and number, 150 is not easy ans you think now adays, in canada laudest in canada is team northen spl with 161.1 with a wall 4 15's and 20,000 wrms. i now this for a fact.

o and my numbers being so low if it was back 7 8 years ago i would be hitting around 157-160 off two ten kaption and an amercin bass 200.1 2300wrms
It my not be fast but its LOUD
Yeah I have been out of the comps for a while so thanks for the update. I kinda had a hunch something may have maybe changed cause those numbers are quite different.

Thanks for the update!