Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Car Is Leaning
My car is leaning to the drivers side. Its always been slightly tilted to the left but I've noticed it more since I put on my eibachs. What could be causing this. I'd estimate about a 1" to 1.5" difference from one side to the other.
dabigmandan,Sep 3 2006, 04:04 PM Wrote:My car is leaning to the drivers side. Its always been slightly tilted to the left but I've noticed it more since I put on my eibachs. What could be causing this. I'd estimate about a 1" to 1.5" difference from one side to the other.
[right][snapback]205238[/snapback][/right]
When you bought the Eibachs did you buy them new or used?

Did you make sure the gap was even on both sides between the end of the springs and the spring stops? Top and bottom?

Did you transfer the rubber bumpers (the ones that wrap around the spring coils) on both sides equally?

Is the strut fully down into the spindle on the high side?

Just a few suggestions.
TEAM PITA: Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.
*Magnetic Metallic 2015 Focus ST* *Red Candy Metallic 2012 F150 SuperCrew*
*Supercharged Roush Phase 2 Kona Blue 2012 Mustang GT*
OAC_Sparky,Sep 3 2006, 05:30 PM Wrote:
dabigmandan,Sep 3 2006, 04:04 PM Wrote:My car is leaning to the drivers side. Its always been slightly tilted to the left but I've noticed it more since I put on my eibachs. What could be causing this. I'd estimate about a 1" to 1.5" difference from one side to the other.
[right][snapback]205238[/snapback][/right]
When you bought the Eibachs did you buy them new or used?

Did you make sure the gap was even on both sides between the end of the springs and the spring stops? Top and bottom?

Did you transfer the rubber bumpers (the ones that wrap around the spring coils) on both sides equally?

Is the strut fully down into the spindle on the high side?

Just a few suggestions.
[right][snapback]205243[/snapback][/right]

They were used when I bought em and as for answering your other questions.... I have no idea. I had them installed by a reputable shop in the area so I can only assume that the job was done properly.
You don't say if the lean is equal on the whole side, or just at the front or back, but you systematically have to go through it.

Your next step is, depending on how handy you are, is to determine the source of the lean.

The best way to measure is by removing both tires and carefully supporting both sides on the lower control arms on jackstands. This will eliminate any perceived lean that could be caused by the driveway/road or the rear suspension. Check to make sure both sides are assembled the same, use a tape measure to compare. Also check the swaybar links, and the angle that the bar comes off the link (a bent swaybar can cause a lean).

If all's well repeat on the rear.
TEAM PITA: Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.
*Magnetic Metallic 2015 Focus ST* *Red Candy Metallic 2012 F150 SuperCrew*
*Supercharged Roush Phase 2 Kona Blue 2012 Mustang GT*
I'm assuming this lean is there WITHOUT you in the car?

Sorry.... had to point out the painfully obvious! :P
White 2001 ZX3
17" FRPP White Rally Wheels, KW Cup Kit (1.6"Wink, Progress 22mm Rear Sway, Short Ram Intake w/K&N Cone, Steeda 65mm TB, Ported 2k Manifold, FRPP 9mm Wires, MAC UDP, Clear Markers, OBX 4-1 Shorty Header, OBX ORP, FS Flex, 2nd Gen. MBRP Exhaust, FS/SCT Multi Chip

My Focus
My Photography
Could also be from previous use or your use, I know my car is about 1/4" lower on my drivers side because that's where I sit and I don't have a passenger very often. Maybe the previous owner was large and in charge like myself :D
No name, Cheap and Slutty.

MMM Daddy Like
Casper,Sep 5 2006, 05:02 PM Wrote:I'm assuming this lean is there WITHOUT you in the car?

Sorry.... had to point out the painfully obvious!  :P
[right][snapback]205523[/snapback][/right]

As I was scrolling through the thread I was thinking the same thing.
:D :D :D :D