Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rogers Csr Knows More Than Tech?
paolo,Aug 24 2006, 12:14 AM Wrote:I agree darkpuppet, the level of inteligence of some of the contracted technicians who do outsourcing of the installs and repairs for rogers are clueless dumbasses is pretty low...

Did I tell you guys, One of those Install companies, was interested in recruiting me, it was either CCS or CanCable..  I even went on the road with them for an entire day to see how they install, and I kept telling them I am an actual rogers Employee so I know my sh!t.. they didnt think I was right. oh well, im glad I didnt bother working on that side of things.. When Rogers had their own in-house techs, it was much better..

Well, I for one dont think its fair for a company to have a bad image, when the people who are representing them are not even working for their company, theyre outsourced, but the consumers would not even know that and will make their own assumptions, which makes rogers look bad.. 

As for Rogers DPS, never tried it yet, but apparently, If I refer you to it, you will get a $50 discount I think... let me check my papers somewhere...  I HAVE seen the Rogers Telecom VOIP, which is a completey different service, i might want to give THAT a try since I have rogers Portible Internet (im a betatester for them) and would love to have a dialtone where ever there is cellservice..
[right][snapback]203794[/snapback][/right]

It's similar to what I saw when working for bell... Actual employees knew what was going on.. but the moment you contract out, it's a craps shoot.

I was impressed with the knowledge of the CSR and their willingness to help out. That's the way it should be. :)
Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

Yeah, back when I was a Telecom Technician we did contracted work for Bell & Sprint (CallNet), there was a lot of confusion going on... Glad I left that industry..
My other ride is your Mom
darkpuppet,Aug 24 2006, 12:48 AM Wrote:
nass,Aug 23 2006, 05:37 PM Wrote:So how do you like the Roger's home phone? Why did you go with that over something like Vonage?
[right][snapback]203733[/snapback][/right]

the whole reason I went with them is because Rogers offered the same monthly deal as Vonage, but with the added bonus of saving $30+ /mo on the other Rogers Bills.

But now that I have dry loop DSL, I could switch anytime I want to... so it's just a matter of seeing if I'm happy with Rogers.

But to be honest... if you're playing videogames online, would you want VOIP cutting in on your bandwidth?
[right][snapback]203800[/snapback][/right]

As long as your gateway/VoIP point of entry does proper QoS bandwidth proportioning... you're fine. I can easily go online and school folks in the game of my choice while Sara's on the phone to her Dad's in Sudbury or calling anywhere else. My Linksys VoIP router (from my VoIP provider) allows me to manually set aside a certain amount of bi-directional bandwidth (in kbps) and that's it. I think I cranked mine up to 256 kbps from the factory 192, but that's it. A standard call without compression is what... 96kbps?

I've never had a problem unless I was massively Torrenting... which mutilates connections anyways with huge numbers of dynamic ports open for transfers.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.