Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cool Motorcycle Trinket...
found This neat product

Quote:SportVue’s innovative design has two small, lightweight components: A Head-Mounted Display (HMD)  mounts to your helmet visor and a  Motorcycle Sending Unit (MSU) that mounts to your motorcycle.

[Image: product15_1.jpg]

The HMD viewing angle can be rotated in the housing and the entire unit slides up and down in the mount. This design allows the visor to be opened on any full-face or convertible helmet with the display attached. In the event of an accident, a specially designed clip will allow the HMD to separate before causing any injury to the rider. The HMD is powered by readily available AAA batteries.

The MSU receives your speed signal from a hall effect sensor mounted near either the front or rear wheel. In addition, other inputs include an RPM pulse, power, ground and radar detector. The MSU processes the data, calculates gear position and transmits the data to the HMD via 2.4 GHz wireless link. The HMD presents the data in real-time within your normal field of view. It is focused well in front of you, requiring little or no focal time. You see and instantly grasp speed, RPM and gear information. When your radar detector receives a warning signal, RADAR will flash in the HMD and alternate with your current speed like this. All data is continually updated at 5 Hz.

* See radar alert - speed - gear-rpm even while cornering
    * Will not interfere with forward vision*
    * Powerful helmet mount-track tested to over 180 MPH
    * Wireless, lightweight, adjustable display
    * Three (3) light settings for day/night use
    * Programmable shift indicator
    * Fits late model bikes and full face helmets
    * Twenty (30+) hours on AAA batteries
    * Shows either MPH or KPH
    * Connects to the Audio Out port on your radar detector

[Image: product14_1.jpg]
Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

that is AWESOME! I wish we could use radar detectors here <_<
~~2000 Midnight Blue 5-speed ZX3~~

~*~Evo 3 Body Kit~*~17'' BSA Gunmetal Black rims~*~Cold Air Intake~*~Angel Eye Projector Headlights~*~7'' Yellow Fog Lights~*~Tinted Altezza Tails~*~PINK Underglow~*~

Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you respond to it.
jen_deans,Aug 16 2006, 11:39 AM Wrote:that is AWESOME! I wish we could use radar detectors here  <_<
[right][snapback]202624[/snapback][/right]

alot still do.....im plannin to get one as well...i can't myself too many times going at least 20 over the speed limit
2002 Ford Focus ZTS (Gave it away)
125whp/129wtq
2006 Subaru Impreza WRX with JDM 6 speed
207whp/273wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 2)13.9@99mph
320whp/330wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 3)
352whp/360wtq Dynojet
13.3@106mph
2004 Ford F-150 Lariat
2008 Honda CBR600RR "Silver Bullet" R.I.P.
2009 Honda CBR600RR "To Punish & Enslave"
2001 Honda CBR F4i Stunt bike "Burn the Rubber, not your soul"
2013 China 90cc dirt bike
Yea, I had one but it never worked properly, now with all the radar detector-detectors that are out I'm going to wait until next time I'm in the US and get the radar detector-detector-detector.. ?? (you know what I mean! :))
~~2000 Midnight Blue 5-speed ZX3~~

~*~Evo 3 Body Kit~*~17'' BSA Gunmetal Black rims~*~Cold Air Intake~*~Angel Eye Projector Headlights~*~7'' Yellow Fog Lights~*~Tinted Altezza Tails~*~PINK Underglow~*~

Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you respond to it.
jen_deans,Aug 16 2006, 12:32 PM Wrote:Yea, I had one but it never worked properly, now with all the radar detector-detectors that are out I'm going to wait until next time I'm in the US and get the radar detector-detector-detector.. ?? (you know what I mean! :))
[right][snapback]202634[/snapback][/right]

lol yea...if u can't beat them, join them
2002 Ford Focus ZTS (Gave it away)
125whp/129wtq
2006 Subaru Impreza WRX with JDM 6 speed
207whp/273wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 2)13.9@99mph
320whp/330wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 3)
352whp/360wtq Dynojet
13.3@106mph
2004 Ford F-150 Lariat
2008 Honda CBR600RR "Silver Bullet" R.I.P.
2009 Honda CBR600RR "To Punish & Enslave"
2001 Honda CBR F4i Stunt bike "Burn the Rubber, not your soul"
2013 China 90cc dirt bike
i wonder how they calibrate the speed/rpm calculation to determine the gear? i guess you can input in gearing info..
naz,Aug 16 2006, 10:01 PM Wrote:i wonder how they calibrate the speed/rpm calculation to determine the gear? i guess you can input in gearing info..
[right][snapback]202726[/snapback][/right]

I'm not sure, but that's a way to do it... posted figuring it may be something you might be interested in...

darkpuppet,Aug 17 2006, 03:13 AM Wrote:
naz,Aug 16 2006, 10:01 PM Wrote:i wonder how they calibrate the speed/rpm calculation to determine the gear? i guess you can input in gearing info..
[right][snapback]202726[/snapback][/right]

I'm not sure, but that's a way to do it... posted figuring it may be something you might be interested in...
[right][snapback]202734[/snapback][/right]

thanks!! :) you know whats funny.. i haven't seen this on a MC specific forum yet!
naz,Aug 17 2006, 11:50 PM Wrote:thanks!!  :)  you know whats funny.. i haven't seen this on a MC specific forum yet!
[right][snapback]202848[/snapback][/right]

that's 'cause FC shows everyone the love...