Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Alot Of 2008 Focus Info
Post done by igor on gmi and blueovalnews
http://www.gminsidenews.com/forums/showt...hp?t=35640
Igor Rocks :D

Dear all.. I decided to put together a compilation of information, that proves that the new 2008 Ford Focus will be a significant mid cycle refresh. This should aso bring anyone interested in this vehicle up to speed with most recent information.

First, while major magazines consistenly capture Focus mules only with a different front clip, there were 3 blurry pictures posted by a Focaljet member that show that the 08 redesign will change quite a bit on the new car.
SOURCE OF THESE PICTURES: http://forums.focaljet.com/team-pit-...edan-pics.html
[Image: 07-18-06_1309.jpg]
[Image: 07-18-06_1310.jpg]
[Image: 07-18-06_1311.jpg]

There are quite a few notable chages, that indicate the extent of te redesign:
- rear licence plate moved from trunk lid to bumper
- antenna moved from front of the roof, to the rear
- the coverred C-pillar indicates changes in that area
- there are changed character lines (see below)

These changes seem to be a reliable indicator, that there will be exactly zero carryover sheetmetal - since the antenna will move, not even the roof will remain.

To see that the character line changed, see the 2 pictures below - the top one if the mule, the bottom one is 05/06/07 Focus. On the 05, you can see, that there is a character line running throught the door handles; this line has been there since 2000. On the mule, this line moved down below the door handles:
[Image: 07-18-06_1310.jpg]

[Image: ford_focus_zx4st_2006_exterior_4_346x270.jpg]

INK: http://www.blueovalforums.com/forums...ndpost&p=70461
Mule pics from: http://forums.focaljet.com/team-pit-...edan-pics.html

A new Character line usually implies a brand new look for a vehicle - so called re-skin oir a rebody, because if the line is different on the doors, it needs different quarer panels to integrate to, different Frond and rear to run to and from - simply put it will be an all new vehicle.

Second, the interior of the 08 Focus will be all new, and greatly improved. Again, Focaljet.com strikes the gold, when one of its members manages to have a slow and detailed walkaround of a parked camoed 08 Focus. Unfortunately, there are no pictures, but this is the description:

Quote:
As I pulled into work this morning I noticed a small car covered in black and white zebra camouflage. After punching in, I sauntered over to the small two-door vehicle. As I got closer to the car, I noticed the driver's side window looked like a ZX3's. A closer inspection confirmed my suspicions. I said to myself, "This is the rumored Focus coupe!" It looks really bad a$$, even through all the camo.
Some of the car's features include:

*Cream colored Ford Edge-style gauges.
*A sweet looking two-bar chrome grill.
*Chrome accents on the headlights and taillights.
*Chrome exterior door handles (NOT the current style).
*An awesome new interior with chrome door handles (again, an all-new design), vertical HVAC vents, a cool new gauge cluster, an all-new dash, all new seats, all new seatbelt adjusters, all new interior switchgear, the tach and the passenger's side airbag panel are emblazoned with "Focus,” and all-new door handles.

The ONLY carry-over parts I saw were the windshield wipers and the glass, everything else that I could see was new, even the control stalks and steering wheel.

Unfortunately I didn't have a camera handy, so I couldn't get any photos. Also, I couldn't see any of the center stack, it was covered and none of the plastic parts had texturing on them, but this car is going to be awesome. It looks nicer than the new Civic, the Mazda 3 and just about every other small vehicle on the road. The 08' Focus is not going to be another 2005 makeover disaster. I for one will be holding my breath.

LINK: http://forums.focaljet.com/team-pit-...upe-sited.html

Third, as the above post confirms (and as was mentioned previously by Automotive news) the 08 Focus will have a Coupe 2-door version. Automotive News mentioned, that this bodystyle will broaden the alreary broad scope of the Focus lineup (sedan, 3door hatch, 5door hatch, wagon), but there are several people online with insider information (the most vocal of the is Focaljet-1 - the founder of Focaljet.com) that insist that actually, the 08 Focus will have only 2 bodystyles - Sedan and coupe. Hatches and wagons might return on the all new 2010 Focus, but for now, it seems 08 and 09 Foci will have only Sedan and coupe versions.

There are still lots of questions left:
- engines (diesel, hybrid, turbo?)
- trannys (5-6speed auto?)
- any special versions (ST, SVT?)
- safety equipment (head curtain airbags)

There is no indication as of yet, of answers to these questions, so we will have to wait. It is likely, there will not be a new gas engines under the hood; the 2.0l and 2.3l duratecs are new, and competitive - however Ford might start using the Mazda version of these, that incorporates more VVT for higher HP rating, but skinnier low end torque. Also,after Ford re-tuned the 07 Focus for 27/37mpg, it is likely, they will go further in the 08 Focus aiming at 30/40 rating.

For now also 08 Focus will likely remian in the Wayne Assemply Plant in Michigan, but reliable word has it, Wayne will close and the 2010 Focus will be made in Mexico.

This is about it ...

Cheers
Igor
My Mom Says I'm Special
if you go to Car and driver.com they also have a picture of one and it looks similar to the 2005 gen with a new front end and the rest is the same.

http://www.caranddriver.com/carnews/10702/...ford-focus.html
I was the only member on this board with a Yellow Focus Sedan, and a 2002+ Euro Facelift on a sedan.
It's gonna be a greyman car....bland and boring...

Bring the European Foci to Canada and the states and give the asian carmakers a big f*** YOU!!!

:ph34r:
Bleeding Ford Blue again...
Drivesthebeast,Aug 15 2006, 04:58 PM Wrote:It's gonna be a greyman car....bland and boring...

Bring the European Foci to Canada and the states and give the asian carmakers a big f*** YOU!!!

:ph34r:
[right][snapback]202470[/snapback][/right]

Meh, people say that about the +05 Focus. I think there are enough of us out there that have proven you can really wake the car up for not a lot of $ True, it would be better if it were hotter out of the box, but I think it gives you more room to make the car yours

Just my two cents (plus GST/PST/HST where applicable)

NefCAnuck
I see the chrome grill in that pic.......great job Ford!!!!

Guess who wont be buying a focus............THIS GUY!
I drive a 2010 Golf that growls at people when it goes over 3000rpm.
Faster... sure, I'll take that. Chrome? No.

If I want chrome, I'll take the 3L Duratec at the same time and go Fusion SE.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  2008 Focus Recalled, Along With 2008 Nissan Xterra Frost__2001 4 1,799 12-08-2007, 11:14 AM
Last Post: Oscar The Grouch