Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Exhaust Tickets
They had a blitz on in Vancouver the past week, and quite surprisingly a lot of bikers were getting pulled over and ticketed for noise violations, new bylaw states, I believe, that anything over 110db is ticketable. I'm personally torn on this, because my car is fairly loud but I'm not an asshat with it, but the kid a couple houses down, revs wide open every time he leaves the house at all hrs of the day or night, not to mention stereo noise, I can hit easily mid 130dbs without pushing my system but I don't very often but that little bugger sits with his car running and stereo cranked that literally my house vibrates for 10 minutes at a time. The biggest problem wioth him is he has zero respect for anyone, ask him to turn it down, he turns it up, not to mention that he's slinging dope out of the place, funny how the police are having a blitz on noise from vehicles but to get them to attend to an all night drug buying party and they ask you to go out and get the license plates of the cars...
No name, Cheap and Slutty.

MMM Daddy Like
i have a suspicion that 'discretionary' tickets are added on when you are stopped for driving like an assclown.
Not always, when I got nailed for my windows, I was doing 50km/h in a 60 zone, he passed me turned around and pulled me over.

MMM Daddy Like
well as i said before there is no way of testing eshuast noise in canada, un less you live in boucherville quebec. there is a testing place there as i was told by the opp. in ontario we have no such faciality. so unless the cop is a hearing guru then they cannot prove it is to loud. the ticket reads no\improper muffler. not unnessasary noise. so i will win regardless. i too have been given a ticket for my windows beat that one because the cop check how dark they were in the shade.
sonic blue svt on windsheild blue neon Brullen cat back 2.5" spec stage 3 plus clutch aluminum flywheel steeda sts 157 whp
Out here in BC they have portable dB meters. In some areas, like White Rock beach, if the cop can simply hear your stereo outside your vehicle he can fine you, that's why I usually just turn mine off when I hit the beach area. 1st fine - $150, 2nd - $300, 3rd $600, next time = MVI from what I've been told. Back in the day when I was younger and stupider I got to the $600 mark in one summer, not to mention 2 MVI's for having hydraulics and using them while in motion once and starting a fire in my truck bed the other time when a line blew and a battery arched and ignited the fluid, hydraulics fluid smoke like a mofo :P Kinda hard to deny it was me <_<

MMM Daddy Like