Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hesitation -
My 01 wagon started to hesitate today while i was driving with 2nd-4th gear about 1500-3000 rpm at constant speed. the idle is fine. while car in neutral, it seems to be fine when i kept the rpm at 1500-2500.
I had the the fuel pump/ fuel filter replaced about 2 years ago and fuel filter 1 year ago. i also check that harness which seems to be OK.

thanks.

any suggestion?

pretty sure that fuel filter should be replaced at least once a year. I'd check that out 1st since its a 20 min job and you can pick up the part at most CT's.
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
Flofocus,Aug 1 2006, 10:00 AM Wrote:pretty sure that fuel filter should be replaced at least once a year.  I'd check that out 1st since its a 20 min job and you can pick up the part at most CT's.
[right][snapback]200168[/snapback][/right]

i believe the fuel filter is recomended every 20k. ive been doing mine every 15k.
'05 Grand Cherokee LTD Hemi

'02 black ZX5 ****currently on jack stands my parents garage missing a transmission****
--FC/OBX 4-2-1 Race Header--FS Flex--MBRP catback exhaust--AEM CAI--Brembo Brakes with Hawk HPS pads--Toucan(ractive) 9mm Plug wires--FC Plug wire cover--Polished aluminum Ractive Strut Bar
Not installed: FK 60/40 Springs
ZX5focused,Aug 1 2006, 10:15 AM Wrote:
Flofocus,Aug 1 2006, 10:00 AM Wrote:pretty sure that fuel filter should be replaced at least once a year.  I'd check that out 1st since its a 20 min job and you can pick up the part at most CT's.

i believe the fuel filter is recomended every 20k. ive been doing mine every 15k.
[right][snapback]200172[/snapback][/right]

:o I thought I read in the service manual every 100K?

I am probably wrong though...
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
Flofocus,Aug 1 2006, 11:20 AM Wrote:
ZX5focused,Aug 1 2006, 10:15 AM Wrote:

[right][snapback]200172[/snapback][/right]

:o I thought I read in the service manual every 100K?

I am probably wrong though...
[right][snapback]200196[/snapback][/right]

i was having the same problem i talked to one of the techs at the dealer, he siad to check my maf wires, then check the fuel filter. i beleive its included in the recomended 20k service from ford.
'05 Grand Cherokee LTD Hemi

'02 black ZX5 ****currently on jack stands my parents garage missing a transmission****
--FC/OBX 4-2-1 Race Header--FS Flex--MBRP catback exhaust--AEM CAI--Brembo Brakes with Hawk HPS pads--Toucan(ractive) 9mm Plug wires--FC Plug wire cover--Polished aluminum Ractive Strut Bar
Not installed: FK 60/40 Springs
hmm I am having the same problems as I noticed recently... thought it was the feul pump...
I was the only member on this board with a Yellow Focus Sedan, and a 2002+ Euro Facelift on a sedan.
check fuel pump... don't go through the same misery as me!
2002 Ford Focus SVT CD Silver: Diablosport Predator performance tune, FC ORP plus Borla cat-back, FocusSport plug wires, FocusSport underdrive pulley kit, VF Engineering rear motor mount, K&N drop-in, FC short shifter, KW V1 coilovers, 17" Rota SubZeros w/ Yoko ES100's, shorty antena, tint, colour-matched trim[COLOR=gray]
hum... i only had about 40k after fuel pump recall and about 15k after last fuel filter replacement. they go out that fast? and i notice the fuel consumption is getting worse now. half a tank only gets about 180km.

appreciate all of your suggestion :lol:

theMeasure,Aug 1 2006, 09:23 PM Wrote:check fuel pump...  don't go through the same misery as me!
[right][snapback]200322[/snapback][/right]
Problem solved!

DPFE replaced

:lol: