Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
House In Windsor Sold!
Well, it's finally done, we sold our house in Windsor, have a firm offer.

We had the crap scared out of us, we ended up getting two offers, one wanted us out by July 28th, but the mortgage approval condition was lifted. The second closes on August 30th, but had a condition for mortgage, 2 weeks to lift it. We took the second. The guy let the period lapse, we thought we were screwed, but he came back the next day with his financing.

So it's signed sealed and delivered now.

We're mostly looking up in Innisfil and Barrie. The house at the top of the short list has a 3 car garage, 3 years old, nicely decorated, vacant and quick possession. I'll have room to set up the shop, and park all my toys! B)

Congrats, must be a nice feeling to have the house unloaded.
Current
09 F150 SCREW 4X4 XTR

Former
Show
Hella Magic Module Tail Lights, 17" Ford Racing EAP rims, 5% Rear, 20% Front Tint, Panasonic CQ7401 Deck, 2 MB Quart 10's, Alpine Components, Phoenix Gold 500.1 Amp
Go
Steeda Cold Ram Air Intake MBRP Exhaust (Gen 2), FK Coilovers, Hedman Header (Install Pending),FC Hi-Flo Cat (Install Pending),EBC Greenstuff Pads

My advice, don't count your chickens before they hatch.

My house was sold end of March with closing June 30th. It was originally conditional on financing and home inspection, by the 5th banking day, didn't hear from them to get a home inspection, it took them until the last minute to get the financing, I thought it was fishy, but they cleared the conditions anyways. June 30th comes, they need another week to sort stuff out, we agree, then they need another 3 days, then another 4 days. Finally, we said "FACK YOU" and we had to sell it again, thank god we got another offer the same day, conditions were cleared yesterday and now we have a firm offer with August 25th closing.....

Which is PURE CRAP since I have been out of there since June 15th anyways :(

My agent told me in the 20 years she has been doing this, she has never seen this happen but who knows.

And now our lawyer is telling us we might not be able to keep the $2000 deposit that they gave. :(

good luck!
Congrats on getting your house sold, just keep records of everything and if it all goes to crap you have the records to back you up (Doubt it will, but that's my anal retentive record keeping nature talking :P)

NefCanuck
Congrats!
I was the only member on this board with a Yellow Focus Sedan, and a 2002+ Euro Facelift on a sedan.
Jay, yeah, things can always go bad. The buyer loses their job before the closing, the bank won't do the mortgage. If it was a blind layoff, it's not the buyer's fault, there's nobody to sue. And so yeah, the deposit doesn't go to the seller, which I think is pure crap.

I don't understand why there is a deposit if it doesn't go to the seller automatically.

Anyway, it's always a risk when selling a house. Things happen. Can't do anything about it, so no point staying up at night.