Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Iphone Cuts Out Every 2-3 Min While Streaming A2dp
On my '010 while connected wirelessly via Blue Tooth A2DP Audio Stream to my deck, the music will cut out every 2-3 or sometimes 5-6 mins while playing a song (usually a DJ C-Lo Mixtape) or album on my iPhone 3G.

Now, when I connect the iPhone via the USB Cable to the usb port imput in the car, and select usb in, the music never skips. But, I can't jog through songs via the iPhones ipod controll any more with this method, where as the A2DP i can jog/shuttle easily via the iphone but not the car stereo controlls, yeah i know its one or the other, but not both.

Anyways, to make a long story short, with the new proposed law, coming into effect oct 1, 2009, it is now required that if i want to talk on my phone through my car's stereo handsfree, i need to pair it Via Blue Tooth, becaus the ipod/iphone usb cable does not support this functionality. so i need bluetooth anyways to talk while driving, so i might as well use blue tooth to control the audio play back too, no? otherwise this is confusing, help a brother out.
My other ride is your Mom
Just a question paolo:

Have you experimented to see if the phone will still pair up to SYNC via bluetooth while being connected via USB cable?

I can't see why it wouldn't work, unless Apple says "Thou Shalt Not"

NefCanuck
yep canuck, it can be connected that way, i usually do that to charge the iphone since a2dp drains battery like a mofo. but once i plug in the cable, the iphones screen turns into "ACCESSORY CONNECTED" and i can't adjust the seek controlls via the touch screen any more. which kinda sucks.

I just flashed my iPhone to the new 3.1 FW and i will be testing it to see if the problem persists.
paolo,Sep 19 2009, 12:49 PM Wrote:yep canuck,  it can be connected that way, i usually do that to charge the iphone since a2dp drains battery like a mofo.    but once i plug in the cable, the iphones screen turns into "ACCESSORY CONNECTED"  and i can't adjust the seek controlls via the touch screen any more.  which kinda sucks.

I just flashed my iPhone to the new 3.1 FW and i will be testing it to see if the problem persists.
[right][snapback]294567[/snapback][/right]

If it's connected that way, do the SYNC voice commands (IE: Genre, Artist, Album, Playlist) also work properly?

NefCanuck
Does it have anything to do with Airport mode?

A while back my brother had his iPhone on my docking speakers and the sound distorted periodically. He turned Airport mode on and problem solved. This might interfere with your incoming calls though.

(I don't have an iPhone so if I have Airport mode on/off reversed my apologies!)
My wagon thinks it's faster than your wagon ...
umm, you mean airplane mode not air port mode? lol

yeah i never tried that yet. i mean i dont really need the sim card in my iphone cus i use my black berry bold instead, but i will try to either take out the iphones sim and/or turn on airport umm i mean airplane mode.

-paolo
iphone bluetooth is mainly made for headset..
there had been issue when playing music through bt..
BLACKBOX(DASHCAM) | LED | HID | REMOTE STARTER + SECURITY | 12 VOLT ACCESSORIES | CAR ENTERTAINMENT | PERFORMANCE UPGRADE | MAINTENANCE REPAIR
[Image: banner_468x60_zps1c433cb9.gif]
info@motormaniac.ca | 905.508.3737
If you are calling after hours, please leave a pm or detailed voice mail and we will get back to you as soon as possible.