Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Got My Door Dinged By A Ferrari
stupid douche in a yellow f430 left some of his mad skillz yellow paint on the door of my wrx in the movie theater parking lot on friday.

no not nothing, just a yellow car next to me, and yellow paint that wasn't there on my car before on the door.

my gf was so heat she wanted me to slam my door open into his car. i figured i'd give the person the benefit of the doubt and leave a nice note with my email addr.

of course no email from the guy. ass. maybe i should have f'ed up his ride..

oh well. hopefully karma does actually work out eventually.. my experience has been that nice guys always get screwed over.. maybe someday i'll learn to actually be a f***tard too
you should have used a new email address ( make up up on the note then go home and create it ) tell him you'll give him 5 days to contact you. If he doesn't then his car is fair game next time you see it.
***want to buy***
MBRP................ check
SCT Xcal2 ........ check
VF mounts
Adj. Dampers ... check
Meford's Mom.... sale pending
I hope you took his info down... that sucks, got any pics of the damage?
'14 Escape 2.0t
2012 5dr Ti : Traded
it'll buff right out...

seriously..

:)
Sort of doubtful the guy would willingly contact you, seeing as he had the balls to park next to you, give you a door ding, and leave his car there without any note on your car. So he knows he hit your car and chose not to do anything about it then, I doubt he'll go out of his way to do anything about it now. That's pretty s***ty though.. I hate parking lots.
I always park away if possible. I already have a sizeable ding in the front driver's fender that's semi-inconspicuous, depending on the lighting and angle.

Unless you've got a plate number (although I know nothing of US motor vehicle laws), I figure you're screwed.

And I'd own the WRX over the Ferrari any day of the week. Sucks to hear that, man.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
i do have his plate #. dunno what i'd do with it though. i think it would actually buff out in this case.. i don't feel any break in the paint or dent..just yellow paint on silver car. its really nothing i'm just anal car owner i guess.

my integra was as low as that car, with long doors too. i never dinged anyone.. ever. i do try to park far but the lot was so full i had no choice

oh well. i guess its just a car and s*** happens.. i just wish ppl were more considerate. esp with a ferrari you'd think he is an enthusiast also who would understand these things
Sucks, but the only other option was to wait there until the dingbat showed up and you explained to him what he did. I've done that occasionally with people who "accidentally" park in disabled parking spaces sans permit. They might try to walk away and leave their car in teh space but I find a flipped open cellphone works wonders ;)

NefCanuck
naz,Jul 2 2006, 08:57 AM Wrote:.......maybe i should have f'ed up his ride....
[right][snapback]196157[/snapback][/right]

Should have just returned the favor by sharing your paint with his door.
I had a guy a while ago hit my door, he was kind enough to leave his info though, kind of, his note went a little like this. "I'm sorry I hit your door, some people saw me do it and so I'm leaving this note so they think I'm giving you my phone #, name etc. But I'm not. Have a nice day."
That sucked ass.

As for what NefCanuck said about disabled parking spots, I pulled into the grocery store and a kid had parked in the one right by the door, my mom is disabled and all the rest of the spots were taken. I asked resonably nicely if he had a permit, he looked at me like I had an alien coming out my forehead, I asked again, he turns away and cranked up his stereo. I just said ok andwalked back to my car, told mom's to step out and I'd be with her in a minute, she goes "Oh God" thinking I'm kick the bejesus out of the kid, gets out and goes toward the store at a slow rate. I pull in as tight as I can to his front bumper, put up the permit on the mirror, get out and walk away locking my doors and setting my alarm. Kid is all freakin out now, screaming profanities at me and stuff. I turn back around and say to him "Don't worry, we'll only be about an hour or so, relax and listen to some tunes." I walked over took my phone out and took a picture of his license plate and of him in case he rammed my car. We walked into the store and I asked for the manager to call a tow truck which he gladly did, they paged me when the tow truck arrived, I moved my car and the tow truck promptly moved in and hooked him up. Charged te $125 to get it dropped. :lol:
No name, Cheap and Slutty.

MMM Daddy Like
Dude, that sucks. But, I'd say his Furrari is fair game next time you see it....even tho I don't condone that sort of behaviour usually, this sort of thing really p's me off...specially since it happened to me recently as well, tho it will buff out.

As for this.......
focusracer,Jul 3 2006, 02:09 PM Wrote:As for what NefCanuck said about disabled parking spots, I pulled into the grocery store and a kid had parked in the one right by the door, my mom is disabled and all the rest of the spots were taken. I asked resonably nicely if he had a permit, he looked at me like I had an alien coming out my forehead, I asked again, he turns away and cranked up his stereo. I just said ok andwalked back to my car, told mom's to step out and I'd be with her in a minute, she goes "Oh God" thinking I'm kick the bejesus out of the kid, gets out and goes toward the store at a slow rate. I pull in as tight as I can to his front bumper, put up the permit on the mirror, get out and walk away locking my doors and setting my alarm. Kid is all freakin out now, screaming profanities at me and stuff. I turn back around and say to him "Don't worry, we'll only be about an hour or so, relax and listen to some tunes." I walked over took my phone out and took a picture of his license plate and of him in case he rammed my car. We walked into the store and I asked for the manager to call a tow truck which he gladly did, they paged me when the tow truck arrived, I moved my car and the tow truck promptly moved in and hooked him up. Charged te $125 to get it dropped. :lol:
[right][snapback]196244[/snapback][/right]

PWNED.

Absolutely awesome. I'd have loved to have seen that. Excellent resolution to an a$$.

Scorp.
Bring a black magic marker with you everywhere...

You write your information on his windshield with that black magic marker in nice big letters .. also noting you have his licence plate number and will do a reverse lookup for his name/address in a couple days if not contacted.

He would.
Dan, Your friendly neighbourhood asshole. Wink
I do installs and build FG stuff, pm me if you need help with anything. Im cheap.
It must have been the other ferrari yellow car.. lol
That really does suck!! He does have nuts to leave his car there though.. I'm sure you'll see him around again... ;)
~~2000 Midnight Blue 5-speed ZX3~~

~*~Evo 3 Body Kit~*~17'' BSA Gunmetal Black rims~*~Cold Air Intake~*~Angel Eye Projector Headlights~*~7'' Yellow Fog Lights~*~Tinted Altezza Tails~*~PINK Underglow~*~

Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you respond to it.
damn door dings, it happens too often with my car. What door on your car got dinged?. If it was your drivers door than it was prob the dude/chiks s**t for brains date and the driver most likely didn't even know about it. How do you buff out a dent without going to a pdr?.
tdot-zx3,Jul 4 2006, 01: Wrote:will do a reverse lookup for his name/address in a couple days if not contacted.

[right][snapback]196273[/snapback][/right]

how would i go about doing such a lookup?

i'm trying hard to remind myself its just a car

I'd call the DMV... say that the driver hit your car... or something. and see if you can get contact information.
05 Altima SE-R
98 Grand Cherokee 5.9: Flowmaster; K&N
05 300C 5.7: Sold
99 Civic SIR: Sold
03 Focus SVT: Sold
01 Focus ZX3: Sold
scoobasteve,Jul 4 2006, 09:40 PM Wrote:I'd call the DMV... say that the driver hit your car... or something. and see if you can get contact information.
[right][snapback]196360[/snapback][/right]

i dont think MTO will give out that information. you might be able to report a hit and run, but still once the cops look at the ding and the damage, they might give you a hard time for wasting their time.

If you are really anal about it and you want to find this guy, go to MTO and get a sellers package, you need the licence plate number and also year and model of the car. It will cost you $20.00

or you can just find a cop freind that has access to records :D

"Coming together is a beginning, staying together is progress, and working together is success."
--Henry Ford

00 Focus ZX3 Silver- Sold
01 Focus ZX3 Green- Sold
01 Focus ZTS Red- Sold
03 Focus ZTW Green Sold
04 Escape LTD Silver- Sold
05 Freestyle LTD Black-Sold
02 Honda CRV EX-L-Sold
02 VW Jetta GLS TDI Silver-Sold

11 VW Jetta TDI 6spd Mine Smile
10 VW Golf Highline DSG- wrote off Sad

lol hes in the states...