Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chips And Scratches :(
Well, I've only had my baby for just under a month now, and already I've got a nice stone chip just above my drivers side rear wheel, and a few surface scratches on the same side... can I get a collective *sigh*... :(
Does a shorty anntena count as a mod?? Wink
2006 ZX5 UV red with SAP package

"Two things in life are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not so sure about the universe"
My 05 has some chips and dings too... not to mention a curbed rim from a beautiful winter with the p6's... :( So I feel your pain...
'14 Escape 2.0t
2012 5dr Ti : Traded
Bring it to your dealership!!! They were having priblems with red paint on previous models, it might still be an issue with them, might as well try!!
~~2000 Midnight Blue 5-speed ZX3~~

~*~Evo 3 Body Kit~*~17'' BSA Gunmetal Black rims~*~Cold Air Intake~*~Angel Eye Projector Headlights~*~7'' Yellow Fog Lights~*~Tinted Altezza Tails~*~PINK Underglow~*~

Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you respond to it.
i have so many chips in my bumper and hood, its quite despressing. dont even get me started on scratches either....i dislike black for the reason that it shows so many scratches.
'05 Grand Cherokee LTD Hemi

'02 black ZX5 ****currently on jack stands my parents garage missing a transmission****
--FC/OBX 4-2-1 Race Header--FS Flex--MBRP catback exhaust--AEM CAI--Brembo Brakes with Hawk HPS pads--Toucan(ractive) 9mm Plug wires--FC Plug wire cover--Polished aluminum Ractive Strut Bar
Not installed: FK 60/40 Springs
Touchup paint, Tremclad primer and a tiny bit of sandpaper with some q-tips handy makes for a great chip repair kit.

It's not show quality, but under most circumstances noone can tell... and it keeps the rusties away.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
Just drive faster....you can't see chips at 90 kmh.
jen_deans,Jun 26 2006, 09:22 AM Wrote:Bring it to your dealership!!! They were having priblems with red paint on previous models, it might still be an issue with them, might as well try!!
[right][snapback]195279[/snapback][/right]

Thanks for the tip... I'm going by Donnellys (the dealer) today to get a touch up paint kit, but I'm going to bring that issue up with them... if it really is a problem, better to fix it now!

"Two things in life are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not so sure about the universe"
Alright... little follow up here... I went to the dealer today to get the touch up paint. The parts guy didnt mention anything about problems with Ford red cars, so i am going to assume that everything is kosher for now. If I start noticing little mishaps that shouldnt be happening, I will jump the gun again and get in there. Oh, and on the same note, the guy felt so bad for me that my car was less than a month old and i already needed touch up paint that he gave me the paint and the clear coat for free!! :)

If you ever in guelph...swing by the microbunny detailing shop..and I'll fix it up for yah.
microbunny,Jun 26 2006, 06:22 PM Wrote:If you ever in guelph...swing by the microbunny detailing shop..and I'll fix it up for yah.
[right][snapback]195385[/snapback][/right]

lol... i might be down there in a few weeks actually...

Sorry Chris, this is one of the hardest parts of owning a new car. Not much you can do about it. Just wait until you get your first parking lot door ding. You'll want to kill somebody.

The only thing you can do to avoid stone chipping is this clear plastic coating they can put on, but it's expensive, like in the hundreds of dollars just to cover the front of your car.
My Sangria Red '05 sedan has stone chips just about everywhere that I've had to touch up <_< Maybe there is a problem with red Ford paint dunno...

NefCanuck
You guys ain't seen nothing unless you've had a WRX. They paint it with watercolour. :(

There is no clearcoat on my WRX, so even the slightest scratch goes right through to the primer.