Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mbrp Ordered, Install Date July 6 In Huntsville
As the subject line says. I finally got sick of the local MBRP distributors not returning my calls so I went to the source. I go up to Huntsville July 6 to go get the system installed. I'll let y'all know how it goes when I get back to town after the 6 hours on the road :ph34r:

Probably have every Peel Region cop sniffing my ass like a demented dog :rofl:

NefCanuck
I have yet been pulled over with the MBRP,OBX 4-1, Not cat.

Remember it dosent say Civic on the back or our cars.
It's suprisingly mellow. Maybe a few will spin down and make a mini-meet of it?

That's a Thursday... doh. What time?
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
Chromey,Jun 23 2006, 06:08 PM Wrote:I have yet been pulled over with the MBRP,OBX 4-1, Not cat.

[right][snapback]195026[/snapback][/right]

True dat, though I have the Steeda CAI so if I'm over 3k in revs I'm already not sounding "stock" and the MBRP does change the exhaust note too :lol:

The Fast & The Furious: The Disabled Parking Follies :rofl:

NefCanuck
NOS2Go4Me,Jun 23 2006, 07:11 PM Wrote:It's suprisingly mellow. Maybe a few will spin down and make a mini-meet of it?

That's a Thursday... doh. What time?
[right][snapback]195029[/snapback][/right]

Install is scheduled for 1pm. I wasn't about to fight traffic to get to the 400. Once I get on the 400 though going north it should be delightfully boring :P and the ride back should be just as numbing until I hit the GTA (But that's what the 407 is for ;) )

NefCanuck
Highway 11 is smooth sailing all the way up tp huntsville...
Bleeding Ford Blue again...
Way to go man. Can't wait to hear it. I was going to get it soon as well but the funding is VERY tight at the moment.

You will have a clear shot up and down Hwy 11. I am making the trip on the long weekend so I will be fighting the traffic and you will be laughing all the way.
Focus man, Focus........ Team Psychological Disaster
2008 Taurus X to be modded.
2002 ZX5 parted out. Forever known as the "SLOCUS".

2010 Dyno #'s 102.96HP/105.84TQ
2011 Dyno #'s 111.44HP/115.17TQ
Still The Weakest LinkBlush

Dial 1-800-AUTO-PARTS for your local speed shop.
Gotcha... I'll just wave from a distance :D

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
I've got a basically stock exhaust except for an MBRP and, while considerably louder than stock, hasn't drawn any attention from anybody (except my wife's folks).
DadsToy,Jun 23 2006, 08:53 PM Wrote:I've got a basically stock exhaust except for an MBRP and, while considerably louder than stock, hasn't drawn any attention from anybody (except my wife's folks).
[right][snapback]195044[/snapback][/right]

I don't have to worry about it when I visit my father. He's practically deaf thanks to 30+ years of heavy machinery including bulldozers with ZERO ear protection :rolleyes:

NefCanuck
I've got the MBRP and a steeda short ram intake and i haven't been bothered by anyone to this point.
Current
09 F150 SCREW 4X4 XTR

Former
Show
Hella Magic Module Tail Lights, 17" Ford Racing EAP rims, 5% Rear, 20% Front Tint, Panasonic CQ7401 Deck, 2 MB Quart 10's, Alpine Components, Phoenix Gold 500.1 Amp
Go
Steeda Cold Ram Air Intake MBRP Exhaust (Gen 2), FK Coilovers, Hedman Header (Install Pending),FC Hi-Flo Cat (Install Pending),EBC Greenstuff Pads

I got a race header, no cat and high flow exhaust, even when I "drop the hammer" and notice a cop they don't seem to bother me.

I don't think you need to worry about the loudness provided you drive like a sensible adult.
The MBRP on it's own isn't loud, so no worries there...
The Duratec isn't much louder than the SPI, stock for stock... so you ought not to have to worry. I can cruise at 3000-3500 (the loudest points for my car) and still not rattle the popo.

Nicely Done Daniel,

Just don't get a Header and drive down mavis at high RPM's :lol:

I got a ticket with my MBRP on the SVT. But i fought it and won, so i wouldnt worry.
05 Altima SE-R
98 Grand Cherokee 5.9: Flowmaster; K&N
05 300C 5.7: Sold
99 Civic SIR: Sold
03 Focus SVT: Sold
01 Focus ZX3: Sold
scoobasteve,Jun 24 2006, 10:25 AM Wrote:Nicely Done Daniel,

Just don't get a Header and drive down mavis at high RPM's  :lol:

I got a ticket with my MBRP on the SVT. But i fought it and won, so i wouldnt worry.
[right][snapback]195106[/snapback][/right]

Heh, so the CAI & the MBRP at say 3,500rpm should be cool down Mavis? LOL

Heh it would be fun to run into an uptight Peel Region Cop, esp. when he sees the parking permit in the window :rofl:

NefCanuck
Chromey,Jun 23 2006, 04:08 PM Wrote:I have yet been pulled over with the MBRP,OBX 4-1, Not cat.

[right][snapback]195026[/snapback][/right]

+1

Same setup, no problems.
White 2001 ZX3
17" FRPP White Rally Wheels, KW Cup Kit (1.6"Wink, Progress 22mm Rear Sway, Short Ram Intake w/K&N Cone, Steeda 65mm TB, Ported 2k Manifold, FRPP 9mm Wires, MAC UDP, Clear Markers, OBX 4-1 Shorty Header, OBX ORP, FS Flex, 2nd Gen. MBRP Exhaust, FS/SCT Multi Chip

My Focus
My Photography
Congrats on the install date! If you had waited a day later (and didn't have to work on the 7th) I could head up there early and put it on for ya. hehe

I wouldn't worry about the cops, I've never had any problems, be it in Canada or the US. Heck, I got pulled over for speeding (luckily, the cop was nice, so gave me an "obstructed license plate" violation instead). He even commented on how decent it sounded. (and why I needed aftermarket exhaust on a focus, until he saw the SCCA sticker in the window)
The new: 2013 Tangerine Scream ST
The old: 2005 ZX4 - MBRP 2.25", Marcy Motorsport CAI. SCT Tuning, Eibach Pro-System
--
Team PITA
torradan,Jun 27 2006, 08:22 AM Wrote:Congrats on the install date!  If you had waited a day later (and didn't have to work on the 7th) I could head up there early and put it on for ya. hehe

I wouldn't worry about the cops, I've never had any problems, be it in Canada or the US.  Heck, I got pulled over for speeding (luckily, the cop was nice, so gave me an "obstructed license plate" violation instead).  He even commented on how decent it sounded. (and why I needed aftermarket exhaust on a focus, until he saw the SCCA sticker in the window)
[right][snapback]195487[/snapback][/right]

Heh, thanks anyways, I needed an excuse to take a day off work :P

Yeah actually the way things are looking the car is going to be close enough on mileage that I'll probably end up dropping it off at Ford the next day for its next service, which should be loads of fun for my wallet <_< (I'd better keep an eye on the mileage too, the car jockey that takes the car in might just realize that he can have some fun in my car :lol: )

Of course the power door lock on my door decided to go on strike so even if they nail me for service, I get to nail them right back on warranty work :P

NefCanuck
WTF is with the cops in Peel region, or other parts of the GTA? They should just go and eat a D...

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Mbrp Install Q's reldridge 13 3,263 05-19-2007, 03:38 AM
Last Post: reldridge
  Mbrp Install Question. SmokeBCBuDZ 5 1,934 02-16-2007, 11:10 PM
Last Post: 02_svt_guy