Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Very Serious Issue
i'll definitly going to keep everyone updated as to what happens. i do want an investagation to happen. but i'm in the middle of moving to calgary (gone by saturday) and i need to have everything ready by than, especially my car becasue my company is shipping it there for me, and if i don't get it on the truck on time, than i will have to pay outta my own pocket. anyways, i'm definitly going to file with transport canada (thanks P-51) and see where it goes from there. do i, or will i need photos of the broken peice as well as the broken pieces to make the case with transport canada better?
request to keep the pieces, since its not a warranty item you aer allowed to keep the part. also try and have the service tech or manager write up a detail report on the issues, not the jiberish stuff they put on the work order.
'05 Grand Cherokee LTD Hemi

'02 black ZX5 ****currently on jack stands my parents garage missing a transmission****
--FC/OBX 4-2-1 Race Header--FS Flex--MBRP catback exhaust--AEM CAI--Brembo Brakes with Hawk HPS pads--Toucan(ractive) 9mm Plug wires--FC Plug wire cover--Polished aluminum Ractive Strut Bar
Not installed: FK 60/40 Springs
KEEP THE PARTS AND TAKE PICS!
Stick it to teh man! Seriously though definatley persue this thing with TC. WHAT IF THAT HAPPENED ON THE HIGHWAY????
Rather unfortunate it's gotta go down this way. I wish you had more time because there is no way you should pay to have this fixed now. You're gonna get screwed.

Whatever you do, take lots of pics, of your wheels, etc... Need to document you didn't hit anything.

Before you pay to fix it, I would call TC, and talk to a person. Stress the urgency of the situation, they may start looking into it right away.

Explain how dangerous this is, and that the dealer is claiming your car was damaged/abused, and TC should investigate before they touch it.
it's to late, i already told them to have it fixed, cause i really need the car shipped to calgary. but either way, i will still contact TC and see what they can do. i will take pics of the wheels, broken LCA's and everything else they changed. i will also, take shots of the difference between the old non reinforeced LCA and the new one, which i hope they installed with the reinforcement plate.
ok, i got my car back. it's all fixed and feels like new and no noises like before. anyways, so i talked to the service manager, and he told me that the part they installed looked exactly the same as the part that broke, so...... i didn't get the "updated" part with the reinforced plate that was suppose to be welded on. i really don't know what to do now, i asked if i can get it replaced and he told me that, when he punches my VIN into the system that what ever part # that shows up, they have to use. so i'm SOL. also, about reporting to transport Canada, he also told me that when he files a report to FOC, it automatically generates a report to TC as well. but i'm still going to file my own report.
so, my car is about to be shipped off to calgary tomorrow and i tried to take some pics of the car and broken parts as well, so hopefully it will come in handy, also i only have 1 pic of the broken LCA when it was still on my car so i hope that will be enough for TC.
The bill came to $645 + rental car (which i thought was covered) $200, so something that was totally NOT my fault, and i had to dish out $845, especially when i bought an extended warranty which i thought would come in handy at a time like this. What good is a warranty when they can't even prove that i caused a problem and all they say is, it's your fault and stick it up my a$$. can i get my money back for the extended warranty? i bought it when i first bought my car and my normal warranty ends in august 2006.
anyways, thanks to everyone here, you've been great help and i feel that this really helps the focus community when each of us stick together when there's a problem. thank you.
Snap an "after" pic showing the pre-03 part being on the car. Snap a pic of the "new" LCA if possible. Then, armed with your earlier pic, contact a lawyer. There's a lot of death waiting to happen in this case.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
That is a pile of BS not covering it under esp.... wtf that should have been covered... poor customer service on that dealers part
2005 ZX4 SOLD! ST; 1992 Mustang 5.0L S/C

[Image: lakemitchellsml.jpg][Image: burnout1sml.jpg]
Sorry man, you sorta let this happen to yourself. I know you had to ship the car but... it'll be pretty hard to fix this up now.

As for refunding the ESP, good luck with that.

I bought it on my first car, factory warranty was 3/60, and I paid $1000 to extend it to 5/100. I wrote the car off with 62,000 on it. So I went in and asked for the cost of the 38,000km that I didn't use in return. They told me I'd actually used 62% of the 100,000km warranty. I argued the point, but they claim the extended warranty starts at 0, not when the factory warranty ends. Plus, there's a 30% admin fee, so... I got nothing.

Golden Rule:

Unfortunately, he who has the gold, makes the rules.

My only option would be to take them to court. Same as you now.