Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Very Serious Issue
so i dropped my car off at the dealership and they told me that it is not covered inder warranty casue my car is lowered. but obviously it's not, so i tell them and they go and say to me, well we will have our techs check it out and if it is, than it will not be covered. i'm thinking in my head that, duh, well there's no spring on the one side so it's kinda obvious that it's lower than normal. anyways, i'm waiting for them to see whats giong on today. hope everything goes well.
_________
What a bunch of tools! Good luck with this.
so ford got back to me, they said they won't cover it under warranty becasue they think that i hit a curb or used it in an unapropriate manner. the thing is, i told them to check, cause i don't have any scratches or any thing wrong with my rims, if there was than, ok, i'd understand their issue, but there are NO marks on my rims, they are still like brand new. i only took it to the track once, and that was almost 2 years ago. i don't know what to do now. they want $650 for the repairs and i don't have that money right now either. can someone help me please......
Is there another dealer you can have it towed to? Preferably an SVT certified dealer. Or maybe take it up with the service manager?
Seen the same thing happen to a member on Fj a few years ago...thats freaky. :blink:
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
what are they saying needs to be fixed???
'05 Grand Cherokee LTD Hemi

'02 black ZX5 ****currently on jack stands my parents garage missing a transmission****
--FC/OBX 4-2-1 Race Header--FS Flex--MBRP catback exhaust--AEM CAI--Brembo Brakes with Hawk HPS pads--Toucan(ractive) 9mm Plug wires--FC Plug wire cover--Polished aluminum Ractive Strut Bar
Not installed: FK 60/40 Springs
they said that the 2 lower control arms and spring bushing on the passenger side needs to be replaced and the labour which all costs $650. can someone tell me who i can contact about this that is high up on the food chain.
2 lower control arms??? im assuming its the control arm and the trailing arm

did you go to the highest person at the dealership already???
'05 Grand Cherokee LTD Hemi

'02 black ZX5 ****currently on jack stands my parents garage missing a transmission****
--FC/OBX 4-2-1 Race Header--FS Flex--MBRP catback exhaust--AEM CAI--Brembo Brakes with Hawk HPS pads--Toucan(ractive) 9mm Plug wires--FC Plug wire cover--Polished aluminum Ractive Strut Bar
Not installed: FK 60/40 Springs
i talked to the manager of the service department and he told me to contact ford of canada. so i did that. when i spoke with FOC they said that since there is NO damage to the rims and tires there is a "SLIGHT" chance that it might be under warranty, they said they (dealer) never heard of this happening in their lifetime, so it's "MOST LIKELY" my fault. but the dealer will contact ford in dearborn, MI and talk to some people there. i know that the 03's - 04's have that extra plate welded for reinforcement, and mine doesn't (02)... does that mean that they should cover it because SVT/Ford knew that there is a chance the part could fail, so that is why they updated the new part?
Holy crap.

Phone the authorities...this needs to be investigated.

A.S.A.P.!
don't you have a 'svt hotline' or something? make some serious notice!! i'm sure some members on here (gapboypcs comes to mind) have a number or two of someone in the ford/svt corporate food chain

i would start calling lots of people and documenting all calls. maybe start a blog and call the media too.

i'm sure if you kick up enough of a dust cloud someone at ford will stick that $650 repair onto their expense account just to avoid any more negative publicity
if i wanted to contact the media, how would i do this?
so i just got off the phone with SVT, and they told me that there is NOTHING they can do, lot of help they are. they didn't even point me in the right direction. all i asked was that he call up my dealership and let them know that just maybe, the reason it broke is because of the difference from the 03-04's, reinforment plate, and he wouldn't even do that. who else can i call about my issue?
Siverman?
write to jim kenzie, he's a car guy auto journalist
Pointing out the fact that they reinforced the arms on the 03-04 SVT's is an excellent thing to do. Any 2nd year engineering student knows that's a terrible design in the first place. Critical suspension arm with two mid-span bending loads, with one of them applied at the thinnest section, with a hole in it!

They didn't reinforce that arm in 03 for nothing.
Go to this page:

http://www.tc.gc.ca/roadsafety/tp/tp2822/page2_e.htm

Print it out. Highlight bullets 1 and 8. Tell them you are starting a defect investigation, and that this is Ford Motor Company's problem. Ask them if they want to be involved too.

Then follow the rest of the links on that page to launch a complaint.
Let me know if it's at Summit, cause I was just there. I asked the sales dude I was talking to if they had your car, and he thinks so. I told him to tell the service manager he should just fix it. This is going to TC, and they don't want to get involved. See if anything happens...
it's not at summit. it's actually all the way east, Donway Ford. thanks so much P-51, i talked to the dealership this morning and they told me that if there is to be an investigation than it would be up to me to push it further, also i mentioned that i will open up a case with transport canada and asked if they wanted to participate in it becasue it is a very serious problem that can either injure or even worse, kill someone if this issues is not resolved. also, i'm going to be stuck with the bill in the mean time, and when/if there is an investigation into this, i will be refunded my money. but thanks so much again for everyones help, gotta love the focus community, big thumbs up!
Please let us know how this goes.

I don't want that kind of crap happening to my car.