Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Engine Is Out...
Pics to come later on!

Got the new engine, got the old one out last night. Axles on the focus are a PITA, but I got them out (thanks bluetoy). Took off the header and intake manifold off the new engine, going to slap on the 00 intake manifold and log header on tonight.

Tranny is also out, so I'm gonna take it to the tranny shop to get the dif put in, at least I can save some money on that install..lol.

Everything is going good so far, just wish it never happened. :( Learning a s*** load though, which is really cool. And the new garage is officially crisined! :P

And NOS....I checked for the SPI head, he's got plenty, but there full engines. You'd have to call ahead of time for them to take it off. If you want to go that route, I suggest you get a hold of me, and I will get my buddy to do the talking (get you the same pricing I was getting).

[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
any subaru engines at that place
naz,Jun 22 2006, 11:09 AM Wrote:any subaru engines at that place
[right][snapback]194672[/snapback][/right]

Really not sure. what are you looking for? Actually, you just got me thinking...lol

EDIT: Just called my guy, he's gonna check on Friday for a WRX 2.0 and STI 2.5. :D
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
Nate, I'll get back to yo shortly. Storage is an issue right now :|
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
Flofocus,Jun 22 2006, 02:06 PM Wrote:Pics to come later on!

Got the new engine, got the old one out last night.  Axles on the focus are a PITA, but I got them out (thanks bluetoy).  Took off the header and intake manifold off the new engine, going to slap on the 00 intake manifold and log header on tonight.

[right][snapback]194658[/snapback][/right]

Good stuff! Yeah, getting the drive shafts out are a pain .... I "modified" a wrecking bar to get mine off when doing a bad CV boot.
Flofocus,Jun 22 2006, 03:23 PM Wrote:
naz,Jun 22 2006, 11:09 AM Wrote:any subaru engines at that place
[right][snapback]194672[/snapback][/right]

Really not sure. what are you looking for? Actually, you just got me thinking...lol

EDIT: Just called my guy, he's gonna check on Friday for a WRX 2.0 and STI 2.5. :D
[right][snapback]194674[/snapback][/right]

read my mind! jdm wrx/sti 2.0 or legacy/forester turbo 2.5 are ok too
I think I missed something. What happened to your engine flo?
2005 Liquid Grey ZX3 RIP
http://members.cardomain.com/phantom66
Mods so far : Mazda 3 Wiper Arm, Shorty Antenna, Alpine CDA-9887 HU, 17" Enkei Evo6 Hyper Black Nexen N3000 215/45/17
2010 World Rally Blue Subaru Impreza WRX STi
spun a rod bearing......
I drive a 2010 Golf that growls at people when it goes over 3000rpm.
Flofocus,Jun 22 2006, 03:23 PM Wrote:EDIT:  Just called my guy, he's gonna check on Friday for a WRX 2.0 and STI 2.5.  :D
[right][snapback]194674[/snapback][/right]

so what's the word?