Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Which Plugs And Wires To Use?
I am a proud owner of a 2002 Focus SE with 120km. I have the 2.0 SOHC engine matched with an automatic transmission. I want to do a tune up and wanted to know which spark plugs and wires work the best for my engine without breaking my bank. Also when should i change my timing belt? I owned a s***ty Civic and needed to change it around 120km. Thank you ALL so much for the help.
For plugs and wires, just stick with stock Ford stuff, unless you are modifying the SPI drastically. You won't gain anything on the SPI by going to fancy plugs and wires, unless you do some other stuff (intake, exhaust, turbo...).

Ryan
Ryan and the Silver Sedan
++++++++++++++++++++++++
2008 Mazda5 GS/Copper Red Mica/2.3 MZR 5AT/22% Tint
[Image: 49951.png]
2011 Ford F150 FX4 Supercrew/Race Red/3.5 TT EcoBoost
if your doing your timing belt then yes I'd say do it on your SPI, but they can last a lot longer on the zetec engine (up to 200,000 kms) I did mine at 220,000.

most general info on the schudeled tune up will be in the owners book under "servicing your focus"
I was the only member on this board with a Yellow Focus Sedan, and a 2002+ Euro Facelift on a sedan.
Ok that is all good to know. So which plugs and wires should i get from Canadian tire? I see quite a few brands to choose from.
2002 focus,Sep 10 2009, 06:07 PM Wrote:Ok that is all good to know.  So which plugs and wires should i get from Canadian tire?  I see quite a few brands to choose from.
[right][snapback]294115[/snapback][/right]

On my 2002 (2.0 zetec), I went with NGK plugs and some regular wires (Brand is called Standard Ignition or "Blue Streak" from a local auto parts place).

I know Canadian Tire carries NGK, Bosch, Champion and Delco plugs, along with Bosch or Champion wires.
IMO, can't go wrong with either brand of wires. For the plugs, NGK V-power or Delco.

2002 Focus ZX5: SVT Air Box/Snorkel with K&N, SVT Catback, KYBs, DBA slotted rotors/EBC Ultimax
2000 Saturn SL: daily driver
1995 SVT Cobra
go to ford and get plugs you cant go wrong with them. I had ngk ones from canadian tire(whatever ones they list in the book) and they were to short and the car ran really crappy
zetec crew #200
If you can chop your own wood you will warm yourself twice
Zetec: Its always on

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Plugs And Wires BradfordZX3 30 6,286 08-11-2005, 03:33 AM
Last Post: BradfordZX3