Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rolling Stones To Rock Regina?
Rolling Stones to rock Regina?
Last Updated Sun, 11 Jun 2006 15:24:58 EDT

The Rolling Stones may play a concert at Regina's Taylor Field on the Thanksgiving weekend, a report says.

"It seems almost a certainty," writer Gerry Krochak reported in the Regina Leader-Post on the weekend.

Krochak, a musical columnist for the Leader-Post, said there have been persistent rumours about a show that may be set for Oct. 7 or 8.

He said unnamed organizers from Regina and band officials "are working very hard to make this happen."

If the show is confirmed, there will be an official announcement in July, Krochak said.

The band is preparing for a European summer tour. Citing multiple sources, Krochak said there would then be three or four dates in Canada.

Other possible sites that have been touted include Vancouver, Halifax and Windsor, Ont.

Krochak said that although Regina is a small city and the stadium wil be packed if 45,000 fans turned up, the Stones concert held a hugely successful concert in another smaller city — Moncton, N.B. — in September 2005.

The group has never played in Saskatchewan and a Regina concert would draw fans from Alberta, Manitoba and the northern United States.

I was the only member on this board with a Yellow Focus Sedan, and a 2002+ Euro Facelift on a sedan.
sweet, I'll be there to see them if they show.
'03 Focus SVT
Pfffft that's one show I really wouldnt care to go to. I've already got my tickets to see Slayer in Winnipeg next month, and then Red Hot Chili Peppers in Saskatoon in August or whenever they're coming. Now those will be some good shows.
not your style of music, steve?
'03 Focus SVT
FocusGuy7476,Jun 11 2006, 08:46 PM Wrote:not your style of music, steve?
[right][snapback]192615[/snapback][/right]

Not exactly.. I dont really see what the big deal is. I'm also not a big fan of these huge arena shows.. It's really sweet when a (fairly) popular band plays at a small club, there's more of a connection with the audience. I guess you cant really do that when you're some sort of mega superband with millions of obsessive fans though.

As for big concerts, Tool is supposed to be doing an extensive North American tour this summer.. hopefully they'll have some Canadian dates and I'll get to see them live.