Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rant
Remember a while back (like a year and a half ago) I had a rant about losing my job, a "drinking and driving" charge, and something else I can't remember now? (I think it had to do with RBC bank)

I have another similar one.

1) My birthday present for myself being a track day, broke my car, need a new engine. $1500.

2) Spending my birthday weekend, scanning pictures for my Mom and Aunt, seriously 10 hours of scanning pictures for some slideshow. That's like a billion pictures I scanned.... how many f***ing picture can you possibly put in a slideshow without giving people epilepsy? Now I have to photoshop 90% of them cuz they're all faded old pictures.... that'll take another million hours....

3) Speeding Ticket for 92 in a 60, and I swear I was doing 70, then the plates apparently not matching the car, or any car for that matter. WTF? they're the same plates that have always been on the car, they match when you go to get the car's sticker, which is like brand new, how could they not match now? Then I wasn't able to find the ownership, because my Dad made a photocopy of it cuz he bought out the lease and he's waiting for the real copy. I of course wasn't looking for a photocopy, I was looking for the proper ownership.... the cop let me off on everything but the speeding ticket... which I guess is nice... she seemed nice enough and probably would have let me off with a warning if everything else didn't go wrong, or atleast reduced it.

4) Still no job, got laid off a while ago

I guess the radar doesn't lie or something, so yeah I guess I was speeding. But man things never seem to go a little wrong for me, they have to dive bomb me.

So that means my already crazy expensive insurance because of my "drinking and driving" charge, is going to go up. It's already $6800/yr....

I deserve no pitty... I'm going to bed.... f***

-Aka

PS: the Focus plus driving to my Moms house = Really bad luck

Edit: Also I should stop driving on that road, both my tickets have happened within 1/4 km of eachother.

Edit2: And for those who ask, cuz I know you will, "drinking and driving" charge, year and a half ago, I had a coors light, waited 3 hours, then drove home, but I only had a G2, got stopped at a RIDE, and fined for it. I really thought 3 hours would have been enough...

Edit3: And to add to it, I get home and the ferret has knocked over coke cans and spilled coke all over my floor, and then took the bag of sour patch kids on my desk and spread it everywhere... I really f**king hate that animal, but it's my Dads....
Silver '05 Saabaru 9-2X Aero
first of, Happy birthday. You are a year older, hopefully a bit wiser and hopefully you won't make the mistakes that you had done in the past.

Sometimes i think life throws you these challanges to make you stronger. I would say have a couple of dreams and try not to get upset.

As for the Ferret, just BBQ the bloody animal.

"Coming together is a beginning, staying together is progress, and working together is success."
--Henry Ford

00 Focus ZX3 Silver- Sold
01 Focus ZX3 Green- Sold
01 Focus ZTS Red- Sold
03 Focus ZTW Green Sold
04 Escape LTD Silver- Sold
05 Freestyle LTD Black-Sold
02 Honda CRV EX-L-Sold
02 VW Jetta GLS TDI Silver-Sold

11 VW Jetta TDI 6spd Mine Smile
10 VW Golf Highline DSG- wrote off Sad

good luck man - things will turn around eventually !!. I agree kill the *uckin ferret !! Not much meat on it - I wouldn't waste the gas !!
Strive for that moment when you're only a slice of pizza and a hooker away from paradise.
Life is hard. I think you have figured that out.

Now do something about it. You make mistakes. You learn from them. You move on.

The old saying "Life is what you make it" applies here.

So go out and get the life you want and quit bitchin about it on the internet.

No sympathy here.
TEAM PITA Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.

One day I will rule the world. For now, I have to settle for this place.
Tough Love from Dr Meford :)

when it rains it pours eh Aka. Sorry to hear about all the bad luck recently, but keep your head up and try to turn that negative energy into positive energy and go out and kick some ass.

Oh and happy birthday :)
***want to buy***
MBRP................ check
SCT Xcal2 ........ check
VF mounts
Adj. Dampers ... check
Meford's Mom.... sale pending
Sorry for being a whiny b**ch. I was just angry. Looking at each thing individually, they're not that big a deal, I think it's just the combination of it all, added to my mother always always pissing me off no matter what, just made me overly angry.

I just needed to vent I guess....

Spending 10 hours scanning pictures isn't that big a deal, it's just I had had previous plans to actually go and have fun, and had I done that, I wouldn't have been on that damn road and gotten the ticket. Hadda woulda coulda shoulda whatever....

And I'd LOOOOOOOOOOVE to kill the ferret, once it fell off th balcony (4 stories) and some how survived... everyone thought I'd thrown it off... I had nothing to do with it! But I was happy it fell.
Aka,Jun 11 2006, 01:38 PM Wrote:Sorry for being a whiny b**ch. I was just angry. Looking at each thing individually, they're not that big a deal, I think it's just the combination of it all, added to my mother always always pissing me off no matter what, just made me overly angry.

I just needed to vent I guess....

Spending 10 hours scanning pictures isn't that big a deal, it's just I had had previous plans to actually go and have fun, and had I done that, I wouldn't have been on that damn road and gotten the ticket. Hadda woulda coulda shoulda whatever....

And I'd LOOOOOOOOOOVE to kill the ferret, once it fell off th balcony (4 stories) and some how survived... everyone thought I'd thrown it off... I had nothing to do with it! But I was happy it fell.
[right][snapback]192541[/snapback][/right]

Yowtch, what a run of bad luck you've got going there, but think of it this way, it could always be far worse. Scanning pictures for 10 hours? :blink: suprised you didn't just walk away after hour 5 (Or showed *them* how to do it and bailed...)

As to yer ferret problem, no ideas here mate, I can't counsel someone to committ ferricide :P

NefCanuck
i know its kinda bs to 'look on the bright side' but sometimes that's all you can do. =)

one great example of that is you have a 6800/yr insurance and you are still in a position where that is affordable and you can still drive! i know if my insurance was ever that high i would have to park the car and bike for a couple of yrs
Well I could have showed them how to do it, but I was NOT going to leave MY scanner and MY laptop in their incapable hands. I'd never get it back the same way I left it... it's unfortunate that I can't trust them with electronics.

I left a pair of speakers at my moms when I moved out, left them in my bedroom. She's now using one of them as a stand for her TV, with the speaker flat against the table, she wanted the TV up a bit higher so she ruined my speakers.... which she'd ruined once before, and I replaced the woofers...

Then I let her drive my car after buying it, you may recall this story. She basically sat on the redline/revlimiter in first all the way down their street. I think I should blame her for my engine failure at the track, because I'll bet it has something to do with this incident. And yes, she does know how to drive standard, so I don't know wtf she was thinking.

Anyway, as for the ferret, I'm still cleaning up it's mess... the more I move things in my room, the more mess I find. I don't know how such a small animal can cause such a mess, I mean it's everywhere. Some how there's coke on my headphones even, and they were above the coke, coke doesn't spill UP when you knock a can over.

I suppose it's my fault for leaving my door open, as well as forgetting about a half full can of coke on my desk. Oh well...

Oh, as for life throwing me challenges, I'm all for a challenge, I just wish it would even them out a bit, throw some here, some there. Not lump them together. Let me finish with one or two before the next few. Would help out a lot.

Now to start a project to get my mind off things. Linux webserver and Windows Vista here I come!
i'm curious dude.. what happened to your motor?
naz,Jun 11 2006, 07:32 PM Wrote:i know its kinda bs to 'look on the bright side' but sometimes that's all you can do. =)

one great example of that is you have a 6800/yr insurance and you are still in a position where that is affordable and you can still drive!  i know if my insurance was ever that high i would have to park the car and bike for a couple of yrs
[right][snapback]192556[/snapback][/right]
The only reason I pay it is because I love to drive, and because I need to continue to be insured to get rid of it. I suppose I could park there car and be a secondary on my Dads car again. But I love to drive, and that's the price I have to pay unfortunately, which may now rise because of the ticket, at which point I might just HAVE to park there car. This is only affordable because I don't have to pay for where I live, I used to, and then it would not have been affordable at all. I was hoping I could continue this way for another year and a half, until it was off my insurance, and then I could start concidering my options.

Originally I was quoted at $3300/yr, that would be far more managable, would have allowed me to save more money to deal with the engine problem. Also continuing to have a job would have helped, and really that's half my own fault, not the getting laid off, but not having a job now, I could have tried harder, applied for more things, instead of wondering around in my car trying to take artsy pictures everywhere with my fancy pants camera. (though that was fun, and I loved every minute of it).
don't beat yourself up over your old choices too much dude.. that is too much wasted time and energy..
naz,Jun 11 2006, 07:42 PM Wrote:i'm curious dude.. what happened to your motor?
[right][snapback]192561[/snapback][/right]
Broke it at Toronto Motorsport Park. It's believed that I had a spun rod bearing or something. And being the knowledgable person I am about cars (not) I decided to try and gimp my car home, and yeah that did NOT work. The engine needs to be rebuilt now, or replaced. $1500.

To be honest, I've tried to think of what I was doing wrong at the track, aside from driving the car hard, and I don't think it's anything specific that I did. I believe that the previous owner didn't take car of the engine well, I tried to, even with my hard driving style, so I know I certainly didn't make it better, but I don't think I made it much worse. I think what my Mom did when I bought the car is far worse than anything I ever did to it.

A friend told me it probably happened due to the hard braking and cornering, all the oil sloshing to one side and not being picked up by the pump for say, a half second, and at 5000-6000 rpm that's quite a few revolutions without oil. Though I then found out that there's a baffle in the engine to help prevent such an event, so it probably wasn't that.

He suspects I was low on oil, though I checked and it said full, or that I hit the rev limiter, which I DID do, for a split second, but that wasn't when it happened, I'd done that on a misshift (shifted into 3rd, but really it was in neutral), and that was an hour and a half prior, though it could have still been it.

He also suspects it might not have been cooling properly, maybe my rad sucks? I had the heat blasting in the car at the time to try and prevent that, and always did a slow lap before coming off the track, cool brakes and such, and when I parked, didn't use the ebrake, opened the hood, and left the car running with the heat on to help. I tried to help it. Oh well though, live and learn.
you posted a while back of 'alternator whine' on your subaru right? are you absolutely sure it was the alternator? an old subaru loyale i used to have, it had bit of a 'high pitch whine' kind of sound when it first started.. i thought it was the alternator also.. i never cared to find out since it was a $200 beater, but i am almost certain it was a warning sign of rod bearing failure since i spun a rod bearing going 20mph at low rpm.. i heard that whine one more time and that then.. severe engine damage (the car made it up the flatbed truck ramp on its own power though!!!)

its probably not anything you did that was the exact point of failure, but rather the cumulative effect of many many thousands of miles of hard (abusive?) driving at the hands of many ppl.. i mean.. you dont know how many clutch dumps from redline.. how many autoX events with the engine bouncing off the rev limiter etc etc... its the risk of buying a car used, esp a car with some 'sporty' intention.. trust me i stay up quite a bit wondering about getting a used subaru myself

o well it happens.. time for a jdm wrx/sti swap :)
^^ that's what everyone says, swap it lol

I was thinking maybe just the same 2.5 SOHC with some new cams... cheaper, not near the power boost, but also, doesn't have the $6500 price tag that way.

My alternator DID die though about a month ago, it was only putting out 9v, my battery kept dying. They also told me I had a bad cell in my battery, but now that I have a new Alternator, the battery is fine.

The alternator whine I posted about though I think was titled wrong, it's something more to do with a bad ground on my car stereo than anything else (I'm told). (Was never fixed, no matter how many times I tried rewiring that stereo myself, but again, no expert)

I did have some alternator "whine" but it was usually when it was kicking in to charge the battery. Otherwise I believe the engine sounded "normal."

However you could be right, again I don't know much about cars, still learning.

Also, thinking about some of the things the previous owner had said, I think he mentioned going out in the snow just to have fun, but I was thinking about something else as he'd said it. So that obviously means donuts in a parking lot lol.

Hmm.. I've never 'launched' the car myself, I've never cared for doing it, but he may have. I prefer to start off slow in 1st, then once I hit 2nd I accellerate, it's a much longer gear than 1st.
Aka,Jun 11 2006, 06:39 PM Wrote:Now to start a project to get my mind off things. Linux webserver and Windows Vista here I come!
[right][snapback]192559[/snapback][/right]

Dear god, you want to run the Vista beta? :blink:

"Glutton you are for punishment yes" </Yoda>

NefCanuck
NefCanuck,Jun 11 2006, 10:23 PM Wrote:
Aka,Jun 11 2006, 06:39 PM Wrote:Now to start a project to get my mind off things. Linux webserver and Windows Vista here I come!
[right][snapback]192559[/snapback][/right]

Dear god, you want to run the Vista beta? :blink:

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]192603[/snapback][/right]

Well maybe he just figures, not much else can go wrong, so why not screw around with Vista.

Good luck with that btw.
Current
09 F150 SCREW 4X4 XTR

Former
Show
Hella Magic Module Tail Lights, 17" Ford Racing EAP rims, 5% Rear, 20% Front Tint, Panasonic CQ7401 Deck, 2 MB Quart 10's, Alpine Components, Phoenix Gold 500.1 Amp
Go
Steeda Cold Ram Air Intake MBRP Exhaust (Gen 2), FK Coilovers, Hedman Header (Install Pending),FC Hi-Flo Cat (Install Pending),EBC Greenstuff Pads

NefCanuck,Jun 11 2006, 10:23 PM Wrote:Dear god, you want to run the Vista beta? :blink:

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]192603[/snapback][/right]
lol, it's on a seperate machine, it should be ok. Though I have to say, the first time it tried to connect to the internet, EVERY OTHER MACHINE went offline.... now this may have been a coincedence.... But I see no reason trying it out, might as well see what it's going to be like before hand.

habmann,Jun 11 2006, 10:26 PM Wrote:Well maybe he just figures, not much else can go wrong, so why not screw around with Vista.

Good luck with that btw.
[right][snapback]192604[/snapback][/right]
lol yeah pretty much... I've already backed up all the stuff that really matters... so if somehow it manages to format my server over the network, I should be ok... unless the backups (which have been validated) some how fade away into non-existance...

Vista seems pretty, like really pretty. It's running ok on my AMD 1800+ with a 32 MB GeForce2 MX, and 1 GB of RAM (probably why it's running ok).

Haven't done much with it though. Put IRC on it lol...

Edit: Also, the way some of the menus and stuff is laid out seems a bit confusing. But that's probably because I'm used to XP and 2k3 x64 Server.
Aka,Jun 12 2006, 12:12 AM Wrote:Hmm.. I've never 'launched' the car myself, I've never cared for doing it
[right][snapback]192570[/snapback][/right]

yup i understand you completely on that one!
So get this, I installed drivers in Vista and.... I didn't have to restart. Serious. They just worked.

Also, I'm finding out (which I already knew) that my GF2 doesn't support a lot of the stuff vista wants to do, so I have normal boring slideshows and stuff. Also it's fairly slow on the machine I'm using.