Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Advice On Suspension
Hi Mitch,

I am looking to tighten up my suspension on my SVT.
I would like to drop the car a maximum of 1.5".
I would also like to stiffin it up a bit.
Not real sure I need to change out the Sway bars the stock SVt seem to work well.
Do I need cast and camber kits or will my Stock SVt one work?

Also I would like to put a clutch and Fly wheel in the car.
I don't have any crazy mods on the agenda right now but would like to ensure i have options open. With the power works kit going down in price it seems monthly It may be something I would like to look into maybe next year or so but not committed.

Let me know What you think.
Thanks
Flying through the twisties
SUNDOWN
are you looking for just springs or a spring/shock combo?
do you have any current suspension mods?

i've siad it in a few threads but i have been having great responce from SVT and Focus owners with the H&R cup kits. the "Touring" cup kit is a 1.4-1.6" drop on the average ZX3 and about 1" on the SVT.

the Big drop cupkit is about 2.5" on the average ZX3 and about 1.75-2" on most SVTs. here is a pic of the big drop cupkit on a SVT i did not that long ago...

[Image: IMG_0262%20(Medium).JPG]
with the big drop kit, you will need to roll the fenders slightly to eliminate the rub in the front you will get from the offset on the SVT or EAP wheels and 215/45/17 tires.

$900cnd plus GST & shipping will get you into either.
you would not need to upgrade the sway bars to "tighten it up". however a rear sway bar upgrade would do a lot to make the car feel more "neutral" at or near the limit, a desirable feature if you AutoX or take the car out to track days.
i just replied to another thread, the H&R rear sway bar would cost you $267.95 tax and shipping in.

I'd probably go for a rear strut bar before the rear sway bar but i can always work out a complete package for you.

you do not need a camber kit for any suspension kit unless you are having serious issues with camber wear from not propperly rotating your tires when needed. you will however need a "toe" adjustment in the front and rear. Most good alignment shops around me charge about $60-80cnd for this.

let me know what you would like to do.