Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Swimming Pool
So i'm working in my car, and decide to clean it up a bit, take out my spare tire and WTF....i could have had a Trout farm in my spare tire well....i haven't got a clue where it's coming from.....

anyone else have or had this problem.....

I'll just break out the fishing poles and catch a few while waiting for a reply
"The weak shall inherit...........NOTHING"
Mods so far:
- 2 Inch Drop, Focus Sport Cold Air Intake, Street Glow 4 light strobe system,MBRP Cat back exhaust, 35% tint on front windows, 5% all around the rear. 1 Million Color Flowlighting Underglow kit, Inside and out. SPEEDHUT custom indiglo Guages, Sirius Satellite Radio, Pioneer DH6800 Deck, 15" Solo-Baric L7 Sub,Enkei 17 inch rims, Belltronic Radar Detector
I have that problem but it's my fault because when I install my rear body kit and drilled hole and water come in there...Try putting silicone..that what I did..and it worked.
2000 Ford Focus Roush Turbo & 2004 Focus sedan
Not sure what it is from but there might be a plug there that you can drain it!! Had this in my last car, but wasn't a focus, and I had no idea where it came from.
Skirt, Volant Intake, HID projectors, Eibach Suspension, SVT rims
drill a drainage hole
2001 SE Sedan
gas mileage King of FocusCanada!

760.8km on 45L
find the leak, don't mickey mouse it. unless you want to keep the fish alive? :ph34r:

I have water in my spoiler or even trunk lid. I just noticed and it's got me puzzled?
***want to buy***
MBRP................ check
SCT Xcal2 ........ check
VF mounts
Adj. Dampers ... check
Meford's Mom.... sale pending
make sure your rear lights have good seal. Best way to find out is to hose down the car and then take the inside liner out and see where the leak is coming from.

"Coming together is a beginning, staying together is progress, and working together is success."
--Henry Ford

00 Focus ZX3 Silver- Sold
01 Focus ZX3 Green- Sold
01 Focus ZTS Red- Sold
03 Focus ZTW Green Sold
04 Escape LTD Silver- Sold
05 Freestyle LTD Black-Sold
02 Honda CRV EX-L-Sold
02 VW Jetta GLS TDI Silver-Sold

11 VW Jetta TDI 6spd Mine Smile
10 VW Golf Highline DSG- wrote off Sad

slim..

its the 05's...they leak somewhere in the hatch...possibly from the taillights or brake lights.

I had about an inch of water that I vac'ed out on saturday.//so funny that you mentioned this..

I also got condensation under the mat in the hatch too!!

nass,May 29 2006, 11:21 PM Wrote:find the leak, don't mickey mouse it. unless you want to keep the fish alive? :ph34r:

I have water in my spoiler or even trunk lid. I just noticed and it's got me puzzled?
[right][snapback]190317[/snapback][/right]

I had a HUGE fight with Ford about that.

It was my first conquer when I got the car. They told me the spoiler was supposed to sound like that. :blink: I told them no it's not, replace it...how can you stand there tell me my trunk is supposed to sound like a waterfall when I open it. They tried blaming me by saying I washed the car too much :lol:

After a call to the service manager and Ford Mo Co, they mysteriously called me one night to let me know they had a nice freshly painted grabber green spoiler at the shop for me if I wanted it.
microbunny,May 30 2006, 04:49 AM Wrote:slim..

its the 05's...they leak somewhere in the hatch...possibly from the taillights or brake lights.

I had about an inch of water that I vac'ed out on saturday.//so funny that you mentioned this..

[right][snapback]190343[/snapback][/right]

Hmmm...time to rip the hatch apart....sit inside and have buddy spray my car till it leaks....

I would hate to think that i may have to put silicone all around my tail lights...thats really nice huh, 2005, and i have goopy crap all over my tail lights...

not happy... :angry:
"The weak shall inherit...........NOTHING"
Mods so far:
- 2 Inch Drop, Focus Sport Cold Air Intake, Street Glow 4 light strobe system,MBRP Cat back exhaust, 35% tint on front windows, 5% all around the rear. 1 Million Color Flowlighting Underglow kit, Inside and out. SPEEDHUT custom indiglo Guages, Sirius Satellite Radio, Pioneer DH6800 Deck, 15" Solo-Baric L7 Sub,Enkei 17 inch rims, Belltronic Radar Detector
Slimsride,May 31 2006, 01:15 AM Wrote:
microbunny,May 30 2006, 04:49 AM Wrote:slim..

[right][snapback]190343[/snapback][/right]

Hmmm...time to rip the hatch apart....sit inside and have buddy spray my car till it leaks....

I would hate to think that i may have to put silicone all around my tail lights...thats really nice huh, 2005, and i have goopy crap all over my tail lights...

[right][snapback]190590[/snapback][/right]

If it helps you start somewhere...I'm pretty sure mine leaks from the drivers side only cause the carpet covering the wheel well was damp.

The drain holes in my hatch look to be welded into the floor..not just a rubber stopper like alot of cars!
ANTHONYD,May 30 2006, 01:04 PM Wrote:
nass,May 29 2006, 11:21 PM Wrote:find the leak, don't mickey mouse it. unless you want to keep the fish alive? :ph34r:

[right][snapback]190317[/snapback][/right]

I had a HUGE fight with Ford about that.

It was my first conquer when I got the car. They told me the spoiler was supposed to sound like that. :blink: I told them no it's not, replace it...how can you stand there tell me my trunk is supposed to sound like a waterfall when I open it. They tried blaming me by saying I washed the car too much :lol:

After a call to the service manager and Ford Mo Co, they mysteriously called me one night to let me know they had a nice freshly painted grabber green spoiler at the shop for me if I wanted it.
[right][snapback]190388[/snapback][/right]

but did they find the problem? I guess that water evaporates in the heat but it still concerns me how it gets in there.... plus all that added weight no wonder I am slow :(
***want to buy***
MBRP................ check
SCT Xcal2 ........ check
VF mounts
Adj. Dampers ... check
Meford's Mom.... sale pending
Slimsride,May 31 2006, 01:15 AM Wrote:Hmmm...time to rip the hatch apart....sit inside and have buddy spray my car till it leaks....
[right][snapback]190590[/snapback][/right]
I wouldn't do that until you give up on a warranty repair ... trying your own thing first might just void the warranty you should be relying on to get Ford to fix it.
2008 Fusion SEL MTX - DD1 * 2009 Fusion SEL - DD2 * 2007 Focus ZXW - R*I*P * 2004 Focus ZTW CD Silver - sold * 2004 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2003 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2001 Focus ZTW Gold - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Black - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Gold R*I*P

2003 Focus ZX5 infra-red Track Rat - R*I*P
2003 ZX5 CD Silver Track Rat - retired, but still in the driveway

New track rat: 2000 ZX3, Atlantic Blue * JRSC with lots more to come

* New Zetec crate motor - NFG - thanks Topspeed *
I don't have that problem on my ZX3 or atleast that I've noticed and I open my hatch pretty reguarlly. Never really check the tire well but the carpet is never wet back there.
2005 Liquid Grey ZX3 RIP
http://members.cardomain.com/phantom66
Mods so far : Mazda 3 Wiper Arm, Shorty Antenna, Alpine CDA-9887 HU, 17" Enkei Evo6 Hyper Black Nexen N3000 215/45/17
2010 World Rally Blue Subaru Impreza WRX STi