Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This Is Why Street Racing Should Be Illegal
Why streetrace to begin with????

Are your penis' that small?
ANTHONYD,May 30 2006, 09:00 AM Wrote:Why streetrace to begin with????

[right][snapback]190385[/snapback][/right]

mine's small, but it ain't that small.
Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

darkpuppet,May 30 2006, 09:08 AM Wrote:
ANTHONYD,May 30 2006, 09:00 AM Wrote:Why streetrace to begin with????

[right][snapback]190385[/snapback][/right]

mine's small, but it ain't that small.
[right][snapback]190390[/snapback][/right]

TMI people!
Sold:2001 SE 2.0L SPI w/60mm TB, Steeda Shorty Intake.

Active: 2007 SES Hatch, Motegi MR7 Rims with 215/45ZR17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport Tires, debadged, black painted calipers and drums, RS Knob, CFM Short Throw, Billet E-Brake, CFM Focus pedals, MBRP Exhaust, XCal2, FS Front and Rear Strut Tower Bars, Diamond Plate Floor Mats and Sills, Alpine MP3 Deck, Alpine V-Power 300w Amp, Pioneer IMPP Sub, AlpineType-S door speakers, VF Engineering Rear Motor Mount, F2 RS Spoiler, Tokico D-spec shocks, HTP Cross Brace, EBC Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads, Russell SS Brake Lines, RS Wheel, SVT Blue Seats, Vibrant 2.5" Race Highflow Cat, CFM UDP. Rear SVT bumper to come.

Active: 2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited TJ [LJ], Volant CAI, 32" BFG Mud Terrains, and a whole bunch of goodies. Big Grin
Hey, I like to drive fast, not necessarily race.

And I totally agree that street racing is wrong and should be dealt with.

However, I can't help but be concerned that certain Robocops are going to go overboard an start hassling anyone withrims or a body kit...
TEAM PITA: Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.
*Magnetic Metallic 2015 Focus ST* *Red Candy Metallic 2012 F150 SuperCrew*
*Supercharged Roush Phase 2 Kona Blue 2012 Mustang GT*
OAC_Sparky,May 30 2006, 11:37 AM Wrote:Hey, I like to drive fast, not necessarily race.

And I totally agree that street racing is wrong and should be dealt with.

However, I can't help but be concerned that certain Robocops are going to go overboard an start hassling anyone withrims or a body kit...
[right][snapback]190438[/snapback][/right]

Picture it. Friday afternoon on the way to Algonquin last year. 4 rimmed out lowered Focus cruising along 3 wide. We were speeding (10-15km's over) we passed several OPP on the way, no problems.

Using the "cops pick on me because of my rims and kit" story doesn't really fly.

[Image: IMG_0822.jpg]
[Image: IMG_0820.jpg]
[Image: IMG_0819.jpg]
[Image: IMG_0818.jpg]
ANTHONYD,May 30 2006, 11:52 AM Wrote:Using the "cops pick on me because of my rims and kit" story doesn't really fly.
[right][snapback]190443[/snapback][/right]
Tightened-down rules like the ones proposed weren't in effect last year.

Of course, you knew that. You just wanted to whore the thread with pics. :lol:
Not at all.

I just love the mentallity of people with suped up cars.

Aw the cops pick on me for my stylz....No they stopped you because of your aggressive take-offs, tailgating, revving engine and all around ass-hat antics. People with race cars, generally drive like people with race cars.
ANTHONYD,May 30 2006, 12:37 PM Wrote:Aw the cops pick on me for my stylz....No they stopped you because of your aggressive take-offs, tailgating, revving engine and all around ass-hat antics. People with race cars, generally drive like people with race cars.
[right][snapback]190450[/snapback][/right]
I've had a canary-yellow Torino Sport, a red Taurus, a green Topaz v6-5Sp and my grey Focus ST. (among others, but to illustrate a point)

I drive like I always have and I've been pulled over WAY more in red and yellow than in the greys and greens. And the Topaz was s*** in the turns but it screamed in a straight line.

Yes, you get treated according to how you drive. But if you believe that cops don't behave differently depending on the car you drive, sorry, I don't buy it.

PS. This is from someone with ZERO tickets, ZERO accidents, 10 star prestige record who drives a minimum 100k a day.
OAC_Sparky,May 30 2006, 01:10 PM Wrote:PS. This is from someone with ZERO tickets, ZERO accidents, 10 star prestige record who drives a minimum 100k a day.
[right][snapback]190461[/snapback][/right]

Same here sparky.
Here's my whole problem with the "street racing thing"

When two people (or more) decide to race on a public road they they're not only taking chances with themselves, which is of course their choice, but with other innocent users of that same road who want nothing to do with the stirring re-enactment of the chariot scene from "Ben Hur" that the racing drivers are attempting to perform :huh:

That's what the track is for folks, the streets aren't the place for y'all to have your "pole wagging contests" <_<

NefCanuck
So I guess it's illegal to accelerate hard from a stop till the speed limit? without spining the tires either.
***want to buy***
MBRP................ check
SCT Xcal2 ........ check
VF mounts
Adj. Dampers ... check
Meford's Mom.... sale pending
nass,May 30 2006, 01:57 PM Wrote:So I guess it's illegal to accelerate hard from a stop till the speed limit? without spining the tires either.
[right][snapback]190471[/snapback][/right]
No, it's not. Unless it causes "excessive noise". Or it appears that you are driving dangerously or recklessly. ;)
nass,May 30 2006, 01:57 PM Wrote:So I guess it's illegal to accelerate hard from a stop till the speed limit? without spining the tires either.

In areas yeah...

I mean do you go from zero to a screaming 40 in a school zone? If you did, I'd pull your ass over.

Accelerating hard like that is aggressive behaviour. They can pull you just for that.
OAC_Sparky,May 30 2006, 07:10 PM Wrote:
No, it's not. Unless it causes "excessive noise". Or it appears that you are driving dangerously or recklessly. ;)
[right][snapback]190487[/snapback][/right]

Is it possible to drive recklessly while under the speed limit? hehe

I think this new law if passed will be much like the tinting thing. It'll be upto the cops discretion. If they didn't get you on radar then how will they determine you were in fact racing. The more I think of it the more worried I am about how this will become inforced. It'll be hard to defend yourself if you ride in a lowered rimmed out sport compact.
***want to buy***
MBRP................ check
SCT Xcal2 ........ check
VF mounts
Adj. Dampers ... check
Meford's Mom.... sale pending
when i am at a light on my bike i let cars go first, and then go, using them for cover. there isn't much on a road that can take a bike at a light.. but i am concerned for my safety and that of others so i keep the throttle in check on the road. i wish more car drivers did the same

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pm Announces Tougher Laws On Street Racing Frost__2001 26 5,451 05-29-2006, 11:37 PM
Last Post: ANTHONYD