Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hydrocarbon Trap
I was reading this article Air intake system hydrocarbon trap Just wondering what does the Reset button do. Cos the other day, I saw the print "press to reset" and so I pressed it. Just wondering what have I done.. hehehe...
there is going to be damage to manifold, keep an eye on your floor boards :)

I have no idea what your talking about but I suggest that you don't do things that stickers tell you to do, ESPECIALLY if it's a red button :ph34r:
***want to buy***
MBRP................ check
SCT Xcal2 ........ check
VF mounts
Adj. Dampers ... check
Meford's Mom.... sale pending
nass,May 27 2006, 05:40 PM Wrote:there is going to be damage to manifold, keep an eye on your floor boards :)

I have no idea what your talking about but I suggest that you don't do things that stickers tell you to do, ESPECIALLY if it's a red button :ph34r:
[right][snapback]189909[/snapback][/right]

wait..wait...isnt it 'press' all red buttons...no matter what///
Whatever you do, don't press the button near the passenger floor well that has the little gas button on it! :rolleyes:

Sold:2001 SE 2.0L SPI w/60mm TB, Steeda Shorty Intake.

Active: 2007 SES Hatch, Motegi MR7 Rims with 215/45ZR17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport Tires, debadged, black painted calipers and drums, RS Knob, CFM Short Throw, Billet E-Brake, CFM Focus pedals, MBRP Exhaust, XCal2, FS Front and Rear Strut Tower Bars, Diamond Plate Floor Mats and Sills, Alpine MP3 Deck, Alpine V-Power 300w Amp, Pioneer IMPP Sub, AlpineType-S door speakers, VF Engineering Rear Motor Mount, F2 RS Spoiler, Tokico D-spec shocks, HTP Cross Brace, EBC Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads, Russell SS Brake Lines, RS Wheel, SVT Blue Seats, Vibrant 2.5" Race Highflow Cat, CFM UDP. Rear SVT bumper to come.

Active: 2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited TJ [LJ], Volant CAI, 32" BFG Mud Terrains, and a whole bunch of goodies. Big Grin
Oscar The Grouch,May 27 2006, 07:37 PM Wrote:Whatever you do, don't press the button near the passenger floor well that has the little gas button on it! :rolleyes:
[right][snapback]189937[/snapback][/right]

..LOL

DONE IT..

I know I'm not the only one on this board thats done it!!!

:lol:
and after an hours labour later you find out.... and feel like a Mexican
***want to buy***
SCT Xcal2 ........ check
VF mounts
Adj. Dampers ... check
nass,May 27 2006, 07:51 PM Wrote:and after an hours labour later you find out.... and feel like a Mexican
[right][snapback]189955[/snapback][/right]

Well...yeh..

5 more
***want to buy***
SCT Xcal2 ........ check
VF mounts
Adj. Dampers ... check
nass,May 27 2006, 07:53 PM Wrote:5 more
[right][snapback]189958[/snapback][/right]

wrong..

like usual :(
***want to buy***
SCT Xcal2 ........ check
VF mounts
Adj. Dampers ... check
I'm not talking bout the fuel reset button at the pax seat. it is found under the hood right after the air intake.. it is a yellow button, not red.. ;)
cowymo,May 27 2006, 05:22 PM Wrote:I was reading this article Air intake system hydrocarbon trap  Just wondering what does the Reset button do.  Cos the other day, I saw the print "press to reset" and so I pressed it.  Just wondering what have I done.. hehehe...
[right][snapback]189906[/snapback][/right]

well, it's part of the tubing that goes to the resonator on 05's and up I believe... and the reset button is most likely a button that resets the little air filter change meter thingy?

Now, I don't have an '05 or higher focus, so I can't say for sure, but from what i've seen, the service meter on the stock air intake just counts down dependent on the volume of air that goes through it.. after a certain amount of air goes through it, it tells you to service your air filter. I get the feeling that there would be a button to 'reset' the meter after a filter change.

that's my best guess.
Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

Puppet is right... they call that thing the filter minder.... its how you tell your "long life" air filter is plugged.... too bad they are crappy little things... i've seen a diesel blow these things to bits... and they also come apart on thier own.. i guess the spring inside is too strong for it... i press mine all the time to make sure it works... if the filter is plugged you'll see the little thing inside move inward to the red area....

anyways the hydrocarbon trap (HP trap :lol: ) REMOVED is good for a couple horse according to the tests that the magazine has done... (focus fanatic)...I'll see if i can find an article..
2005 ZX4 SOLD! ST; 1992 Mustang 5.0L S/C

[Image: lakemitchellsml.jpg][Image: burnout1sml.jpg]
Hydrocarboon trap, wtf is that?

[Image: 2006_0304_235435AASmall.jpg]
TEAM PITA: Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.
*Magnetic Metallic 2015 Focus ST* *Red Candy Metallic 2012 F150 SuperCrew*
*Supercharged Roush Phase 2 Kona Blue 2012 Mustang GT*
OAC_Sparky,May 30 2006, 12:36 PM Wrote:Hydrocarboon trap, wtf is that?

[Image: 2006_0304_235435AASmall.jpg]
[right][snapback]190464[/snapback][/right]

Amen brother! :D (From another happy Steeda CAI owner ;))

NefCanuck
This might help

[Image: hydro-trap.jpg]

So its useless to engine running basically.... I think mine can stay out

Here is the stupid 05-06 air box design.... the trap is # 9b636 its only $8.51

[Image: focusairbox.jpg]