Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
50 Over Stunting Advocate Kills Cyclist
oldeguy,Sep 1 2009, 12:39 PM Wrote:Allegedly killed a cyclist, please be careful, your innocent until proven guilty.
[right][snapback]293605[/snapback][/right]
Especially when you're a big shot
" According to police, Bryant was driving his black Saab convertible at about 9:45 p.m. when he and the cyclist became involved in an altercation. "

Oh , so they argued first and then the cyclist jumped on the Saab's hood so the big shot took him for a joy ride resulting in a ... minor death . wow!

" Burrows described what led to Sheppard's death as a "minor collision" involving the bicycle and the Saab.
The cyclist ended up on the side of the car, holding on, and the driver continued along, driving westbound on Bloor Street."

I say whoop his CEO ass !
The cyclists guy sounds like a piece of work too..

Quote:Police arrived at the home of Sheppard's former girlfriend on George Street, just after 9 p.m. on Monday. Officers were reportedly there to deal with a disturbance of some type.

The Globe and Mail reports Sheppard had 61 outstanding warrants for his arrest in the province of Alberta at the time of his death.
Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

I agree , but all the way to smash him against mail boxes and trees ? .

"The witnesses said it appeared as though Bryant was attempting to knock Sheppard off the car by brushing against trees and mailboxes on Bloor Street approaching Avenue Road. Burrows said Sheppard was "essentially a pedestrian," having left his bicycle. "

^-- oh, there's no doubt about that... and he'll get his day in court and I hope he gets what's coming to him.

I'm just highlighting the fact that neither man reacted particularily restrained under the circumstances... and in the end, the biker had a hand in his own fate as well.

The problem with this story is that we're only getting whatever bits are leaked to the media at this point.

Best advice I would give is let the legal system sort it all out, this trial by sensationalism serves no one IMO.

NefCanuck
NefCanuck,Sep 2 2009, 10:16 PM Wrote:Best advice I would give is let the legal system sort it all out, this trial by sensationalism serves no one IMO.[right][snapback]293685[/snapback][/right]
Spoilsport. :P

I say hang him by the balls. (the driver, not you Nef!)
TEAM PITA: Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.
*Magnetic Metallic 2015 Focus ST* *Red Candy Metallic 2012 F150 SuperCrew*
*Supercharged Roush Phase 2 Kona Blue 2012 Mustang GT*
Now the "police" are saying the cyclist may have grabbed onto his steering wheel..
2009 Focus SES Black Sedan Mods:

FSWerks CAI / F2 Header (non-fouler mod) custom flex / 2.5" FSwerks Stealth Stainless exhaust / FSWerks X3 tune / Autolite 104's / Steeda Strut Tower Bar / FRPP 1.5" drop / FSWerks FLS Bar / H&R 24mm RSB / MOOG endlinks / AEM wideband AFR gauge / 8000K HID Bi-xenon 55W / Tint / 17" Ford Racing Rally Wheels in Black / Coupe tails / Black grille

124whp/129wtq
As much as I hate to say it I don't think Bryant is totally at fault I do think he felt like the biker dude was after him to attack him and his Wife. Remember he was with his WIFE just finishing a anniversery dinner, I would be stopping for some crazy dude chasing after us. If it was a hit and then he started taking off then I think he is at fault but I truly don't think it went down like that. Honestly I prob would have done the same if I had an altercation with some crazy dude and then he tryed attacking me or my girl, in a convertiable to boot.
DruZX3 You Tube Page
My Rides on Car Domain

2001 Ford Focus ZX3 - Daily Driver
2008 Lincoln MKX Limited Edition - Grocery Getter
2007 Suzuki GSXR 600 - Rode and Sold
2004 Jeep Liberty Renegade - Offroaded and Sold
2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited X - R.I.P. Electrical Fire
2000 Ford Focus ZX3 - Traded in Now DrunkinMonkeys Car
2003 Ford Taurus Wagon - Inherited Drove and Sold
2000 Ford Focus ZX3 Turbo - Award Winning 336 WHP - Parted and Scraped
1990 Ford Festiva - My 1st Car

[Image: ZX3PixelCarEngineVIEW.png]
ZX3_2NV,Sep 3 2009, 09:47 AM Wrote:As much as I hate to say it I don't think Bryant is totally at fault I do think he felt like the biker dude was after him to attack him and his Wife. Remember he was with his WIFE just finishing a anniversery dinner, I would be stopping for some crazy dude chasing after us. If it was a hit and then he started taking off then I think he is at fault but I truly don't think it went down like that. Honestly I prob would have done the same if I had an altercation with some crazy dude and then he tryed attacking me or my girl, in a convertiable to boot.
[right][snapback]293708[/snapback][/right]

I'd stop the car, get out and proceed to kick his ass. Not damage my car by running up a side walk and running into mailboxes.
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
^-- not every short guy keeps a pitbull in his pants.

no need for a pitbull. If I was in the same boat, I'd just pull over and feed it to him. Especially if I thought my wife was in danger.

Some of these couriers are fawkin dinks and need a s*** kicking. He'd be banged up bad, but wouldnt be dead in the end.

Everybody is happy.

Dont mess with short people.
I gotta be honest, I hate being in fights. I'm always afraid I'll lose one of these days.

darkpuppet,Sep 3 2009, 10:34 AM Wrote:I hate being in fights.[right][snapback]293716[/snapback][/right]

Me too, but if my family is in any danger, you gotta do what you gotta do.

and thats probably how Bryant was thinking. I just woudlnt have damaged my car.

I love my car too ya know. :rolleyes: :lol:
^-- haha..

honey, grab the wheel, daddy's gotta go to school here.

*jumps over door and onto cyclist's back*.

Flofocus,Sep 3 2009, 09:10 AM Wrote:Dont mess with short people.
[right][snapback]293715[/snapback][/right]
Amen. :lol:
oh, the irony...

i had to stop by the post office to pick up my Haynes manual, and I was hit by a cyclist on the sidewalk....

he did apologize even though I came out the winner.

OAC_Sparky,Sep 3 2009, 01:42 PM Wrote:
Flofocus,Sep 3 2009, 09:10 AM Wrote:Dont mess with short people.
[right][snapback]293715[/snapback][/right]
Amen. :lol:
[right][snapback]293725[/snapback][/right]
Yes , we're people too :D
Man, as more details come out, looks like a much different picture than what was first reporter (as I suspected from the get go)

Bryant is a lawyer, he may have the personality defect that leads him to try and scrape a crazy bug off his door ("innocent" cyclist? -pfft-) but he isn't stupid overall.

Can't wait to see the toxicology reports from that cyclist <_<

NefCanuck
I think the million dollar question would be "did Bryant go 50km over the limit during this incident?" seeing the reason for speeding is irrelevant?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  For The Cyclist. ANTHONYD 4 1,880 06-05-2008, 12:36 AM
Last Post: darkpuppet