Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
$5 Minimum Increase On Tires
On Sept 1st, 2009 there will be a minimum of $5 extra charge per tire. Dealers are having to pay the $5 fee up front when purchasing any tire that enters Canada, or already is in Canada.
You as the Consumer will be charged $5 and UP, depending on the place you go and how well you know them.
This fee is placed on here to get rid of scrap tires from companies that stock pile them untill prices are cheap enough to send them in for recycling. So what happens now is there are specific companies that are run by the Gov to make sure the safe and eco friendly destrcutions of tire happens. Is sending out trucks to pick them up. So I presume the company has to be registered and valid in order to revieve the scrap picks.

So all in all, buying tires just got more $$$$$$$$
Just letting you know. :ph34r:
Currently - 2014 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE 4X4 Work Truck. Needs a Super Charger
2012 F150 Eco Boost Work Truck < Died several times and now it's some farmer problem.
No Longer Sleeping/In Surgery Having A Heart Transplant - 2005 Focus ZX5 Sonic Blue Modified
Sold - 1992 Astro Van CS Sky Blue Stock
Sold - 1994 Excel 2DR HB Teal First Car

Yay for Cash Grabs!!!
Sold:2001 SE 2.0L SPI w/60mm TB, Steeda Shorty Intake.

Active: 2007 SES Hatch, Motegi MR7 Rims with 215/45ZR17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport Tires, debadged, black painted calipers and drums, RS Knob, CFM Short Throw, Billet E-Brake, CFM Focus pedals, MBRP Exhaust, XCal2, FS Front and Rear Strut Tower Bars, Diamond Plate Floor Mats and Sills, Alpine MP3 Deck, Alpine V-Power 300w Amp, Pioneer IMPP Sub, AlpineType-S door speakers, VF Engineering Rear Motor Mount, F2 RS Spoiler, Tokico D-spec shocks, HTP Cross Brace, EBC Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads, Russell SS Brake Lines, RS Wheel, SVT Blue Seats, Vibrant 2.5" Race Highflow Cat, CFM UDP. Rear SVT bumper to come.

Active: 2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited TJ [LJ], Volant CAI, 32" BFG Mud Terrains, and a whole bunch of goodies. Big Grin
I thought programs were already in place from many many years ago?

Everytime the government comes out with something &quot;new&quot; they make it sound like its the latest and greatest thing saving the world!
2002 Focus ZX5: SVT Air Box/Snorkel with K&N, SVT Catback, KYBs, DBA slotted rotors/EBC Ultimax
2000 Saturn SL: daily driver
1995 SVT Cobra
The disposal fee is eliminated. Paying up front should deter tire dumpers.
2001 Focus ZTS 2004 WRX
"I'm just here for the camping"
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=687620231
TEAM P.I.T.A. FTW!
2001 ZTS,Aug 31 2009, 02:50 PM Wrote:The disposal fee is eliminated. Paying up front should deter tire dumpers.
[right][snapback]293561[/snapback][/right]

ding ding ding!!!!!