Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Test Drove A V6 Mustang Convertible
ANTHONYD,May 18 2006, 03:41 PM Wrote:I guess turning 30, single, thinning hair and such does call for a convertable muscle car.

:lol:
[right][snapback]188383[/snapback][/right]

yeah heh...I just dont get the v6 part. :ph34r:
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
get a $1200 integra and watch the cash roll in steve
ANTHONYD,May 18 2006, 03:41 PM Wrote:I guess turning 30, single, thinning hair and such does call for a convertable muscle car.

haha... maybe.

the moonroof sure ain't helping the hair grow back.. might be time to give it some real fresh air.

I'm avoiding an all-out midlife crisis by not getting the GT.

p.s. credit's approved... wow :ph34r:
Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

naz,May 18 2006, 03:46 PM Wrote:get a $1200 integra and watch the cash roll in steve
[right][snapback]188385[/snapback][/right]

the trick is getting the dealership to take back the focus...

hell, I'd be rolling in a used shoe if I could drop the car and run away.

But then you have to talk the dealership into buying back a lease on a car with a bunch of holes in it so i can run out and get another car.

Ford dealerships want to move cars, not take them back... I think this is the perfect opportunity to upgrade at no extra cost to me.

can you ebay it? ream some kid big time who thinks the mods are HeLLa TyTe y0

i agree with your logic but i am not sure i agree that a v6 auto mustang vert is an 'upgrade' from a heavily modified focus.. unless your focus breaks even more than stock now?
^-- considering the car was flawless stock, yes.

I'd put it on ebay if I had time between breaths to cater to all the tire kickers and ricers, but I just don't... not this year.

There's the thing about performance vs perception. Don't get me wrong.. I'm sure my focus is the better performance, but the perception isn't there... it's a fun car, but it's only going to get more expensive to maintain over the years, and then I have a $60k focus that I can sell for 4G.

So I'm taking a step back, buying a car that is fun out of the box and tattooing "leave it stock" on my eyelids. convertibles aren't sensible performance cars.. I don't think they've ever been, and that's not the point.

I'd rather go slow and say hi to the ladies as I trundle past than zip by screaming, yelling with my eyes wide open and my ears bleeding.

It's a matter of opinion I suppose. I won't laugh at the guy with the civic, the focus, or the integra.. I respect those cars too much... but i tell ya what, I'm sure as hell gonna enjoy my time in the sun.

So I guess all thats left to ask is What colour and options?

Hmm, The v6 isnt that slow after all

2005 Ford Mustang LX 4.0l 6.9 15.3 (C&D Feb 05)

Taken from 0-60 Times
05 Altima SE-R
98 Grand Cherokee 5.9: Flowmaster; K&N
05 300C 5.7: Sold
99 Civic SIR: Sold
03 Focus SVT: Sold
01 Focus ZX3: Sold
well... we'll see...

right now, I'm thinking tungsten grey with black racing stripes, tinted windows and 18" black aluminum spoked wheels with polished lip.

Nice... I know this was asked before, but i dont know if you answered...

Auto or Manual?
05 Altima SE-R
98 Grand Cherokee 5.9: Flowmaster; K&N
05 300C 5.7: Sold
99 Civic SIR: Sold
03 Focus SVT: Sold
01 Focus ZX3: Sold
He'll prolly go auto, if he has no plans for modding
2005 Liquid Grey ZX3 RIP
http://members.cardomain.com/phantom66
Mods so far : Mazda 3 Wiper Arm, Shorty Antenna, Alpine CDA-9887 HU, 17" Enkei Evo6 Hyper Black Nexen N3000 215/45/17
2010 World Rally Blue Subaru Impreza WRX STi
So if you change to the mustang crowd u still gonna run FC?
2005 Liquid Grey ZX3 RIP
http://members.cardomain.com/phantom66
Mods so far : Mazda 3 Wiper Arm, Shorty Antenna, Alpine CDA-9887 HU, 17" Enkei Evo6 Hyper Black Nexen N3000 215/45/17
2010 World Rally Blue Subaru Impreza WRX STi
ANTHONYD,May 18 2006, 02:41 PM Wrote:I guess turning 30, single, thinning hair and such does call for a convertable muscle car.

Using that logic Anthony I'd already be in a 'Stang :rofl:

NefCanuck
Steve, since it seems your dealership is so hot to take the focus off your hands wouldn't it make more sense to scavange what ever you can off it before trading it in? I haven't seen you mention anything about that, unless your under a serious time crunch or have gotten rid of all your stock parts? If your the kind of guy who likes modding your car than I"m not sure if the stang is going to be the right choice. The aftermarket for the S197 cars is exploding with new stuff every day and it always starts with "well just the intake" unless your going to be like Jay and vow to leave this one untouched (except for the requisit wheels and tint. Also beware the dreaded "Shoulda bought a GT" V6 buyers remorse syndrome which I have seen more than a few times.
SVT ZX3,May 18 2006, 07:45 PM Wrote:Steve, since it seems your dealership is so hot to take the focus off your hands wouldn't it make more sense to scavange what ever you can off it before trading it in? I haven't seen you mention anything about that, unless your under a serious time crunch or have gotten rid of all your stock parts?

Well, the problem is there's nothing stock you can put back on.... you can't rip out the supercharger without replacing your powersteering and cooling lines.. and every other part is most likely damaged from the incompetence of the installers. I'll sell the stock parts separately, but as it stands, it would cost me more in labor and parts to pull the SC than to sell it.

Same with the brakes.. Need spindles, stock ones were cored.

Body kit... um BIG holes where it's been bolted and/or double-sided taped.... I have the other body kit I had on (just skirts) that I'll take pics of and sell.

I have stock headlights... that's about it.... and I'm not sure if I'd have to make wiring harnesses for them.. do they take H9's?

and then do this by next wednesday while working 16-18 hours/day...

that's half the reason I want to turn it in too.. there's a lot more work I'd want to do to it over the summer... I'm just not sure when I'm going to get the time.

Quote:If your the kind of guy who likes modding your car than I"m not sure if the stang is going to be the right choice. The aftermarket for the S197 cars is exploding with new stuff every day and it always starts with "well just the intake" unless your going to be like Jay and vow to leave this one untouched (except for the requisit wheels and tint. Also beware the dreaded "Shoulda bought a GT" V6 buyers remorse syndrome which I have seen more than a few times.
[right][snapback]188428[/snapback][/right]

I do like modding.. I really do.. But for the next few years, I need to slow down and concentrate on some other things... I just need a fun car that is reliable to drive. Half the problem is that I don't have time to do half the hobbies I already don't have time to do... time to start picking and choosing.

So the stang is just convenient...

I've thought up a lot of excuses, eh?

Honestly, the only thing the GT has is a lot more HP.. but that comes with a lot more cost, a lot more noise, and a lot rougher ride. ... I'm not saying it's bad, but between the GT and the v6... the v6 sold me on the stang.. the GT sorta turned me off.. made me happy I could drive a more civilized car like my focus.

Had I only test driven the GT, I probably wouldn't have even considered the stang...to me, it was THAT disappointed.

I'll let the old men trying to relive their muscle car days have the GT, I'll stick to posing for a couple years... and then when things are a bit more together for me, I'll be able to get a better performer.

f***, I dont want to turn 30.

:ph34r:
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
Flofocus,May 18 2006, 09:34 PM Wrote:f***, I dont want to turn 30.
[right][snapback]188442[/snapback][/right]

if you want to give me 12G, i'll get the GT just so I can say I have one... ;)

I didn't take you to be a horsepower snob.

Not with my mighty 160 ponies! :lol:
darkpuppet,May 18 2006, 07:23 PM Wrote:Well, the problem is there's nothing stock you can put back on.... you can't rip out the supercharger without replacing your powersteering and cooling lines.. and every other part is most likely damaged from the incompetence of the installers. I'll sell the stock parts separately, but as it stands, it would cost me more in labor and parts to pull the SC than to sell it.

Same with the brakes.. Need spindles, stock ones were cored.

Body kit... um BIG holes where it's been bolted and/or double-sided taped....  I have the other body kit I had on (just skirts) that I'll take pics of and sell.

I have stock headlights... that's about it.... and I'm not sure if I'd have to make wiring harnesses for them.. do they take H9's?

and then do this by next wednesday while working 16-18 hours/day...

that's half the reason I want to turn it in too.. there's a lot more work I'd want to do to it over the summer... I'm just not sure when I'm going to get the time.
[right][snapback]188440[/snapback][/right]

Okay, now I clearly see your situation ....Hey a Mustang is a Mustang, regardless of what's powering it™. If a V8 is just an extra cost and hassle for you than it really does sound like the 6 is the way to go. It might me hard to let go of your Focus, but sometimes your better off giving up on certain project. Good luck with your decision!
Flofocus,May 18 2006, 09:34 PM Wrote:f***, I dont want to turn 30.
[right][snapback]188442[/snapback][/right]
how about 40?

it's my time this year. bring your party hat to the bbq

and don't forget my present!
TEAM PITA Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.

One day I will rule the world. For now, I have to settle for this place.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Test Drove An Ecoboost... Drivesthebeast 15 5,197 04-03-2010, 11:36 AM
Last Post: Drivesthebeast
  Test Drive: 2007 Ford Mustang Shelby Gt500 SVT ZX3 4 2,160 06-21-2006, 02:52 AM
Last Post: SVTmonkey